PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm back from the Rose Bowl....my thoughts

KTJ
01-04-2005, 11:59 AM
1.) I didn't take pics. Sorry guys! It's a long story but I'll always remember what went down that faithful day in windy, cold, rainy Pasadena.

2.) WOW! What a showing by Longhorn fans! We clearly outnumbered Michigan fans at least 3 to 1. There was burnt orange everywhere.

3.) Michigan is the PERFECT example (not Texas A&M, not Utah, not Oklahoma, and not even Texas) of the BEST and CLASSIEST FANS EVER!! Michigan just kept giving Texas accolades everytime I turned around. One fan told me this--

UM Fan - "sir, does UT have a list serve?
KTJ - "what do you mean?"
UM Fan - "did you guys all email each other or something? I've never seen so many fans all in burnt orange. It seems like you guys planned this. At Michigan, we can't get everyone to wear all of one color, ever. Some of us are in blue, some in gold, and the rest in white."
KTJ - "yeah, it's typically like this all the time.
UM Fan - "also, Texas has the best looking women I've ever seen. We don't have that up at UM."
KTJ - "You got that right!" :D

4.) Vince Young is amazing. He can do it all. He played the best game of his career this past weekend. Some of the ABC crew called him a Heisman hopeful for next year.
:thinking:

5.) The Rose Bowl is an amazing venue. If you ever get the chance to go out there, DO IT! Don't pass that up!

6.) I've said it once and I'll say it again-- I HATE L.A.!

7.) The drive up and back wasn't bad at all. We ran into several Horns on the trip. It was a blast.

8.) Chad Henne and Braylon Edwards - a deadly combo. Henne is awesome and he's a freakin' true freshman. Their running back is a stud too. UM will win the Big Ten next year.

9.) It's amazing that the #1 all time winningest program in NCAA history (Michigan) and the #3 all time winningest program (Texas) have only met once in all of God's creation--and that one time was last Saturday.

10.) Thanks to the Texas Tech fans for coming out to Pasadena! There were several in my section rooting for Texas as if they were natural Longhorns themselves!

11.) That's all for now. I have to ref a basketball game tonight so I'm gonna get some sleep!

CheerMom
01-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Great story!! It was an amazing game, I know you had to be so excited to be a part of it. I can't believe we won't see pics, though, I'm so disappointed.
Glad you made it home safe and sound!!

Phil C
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Welcome back KTJ and thanks for the insight. I know the trip was worth it and it is something to remember the rest of your life. And you got to see a great game with history as a bonus.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
thats awesome. im glad you got to go to the game, it was a blast just to be able to watch texas play in abcs bid, till a few minutes before half time was over and the guy changed the afn programming to show the A&M and Tennessee game, i was extremely peeved!!! but i just pulled up the game on espn.com almost had a heart attack aswell.

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Great story .... I love hearing your "take" on the experience! Like the Godfather said, it is something you won't ever forget!:cool:

girlygal
01-04-2005, 12:19 PM
thanks for sharing with us!!!:)

rhs78
01-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks KTJ for sharing your take with us. as a youngster i got to go to a lot of Texas games and the experiece is still fresh in my mind, so you will never need pictures,they should be etched in your mind,thanks again for sharing the trip,welcome back.

Keith7
01-04-2005, 04:08 PM
welcome back KTJ.. you didnt like So-Cal??

ej2525
01-04-2005, 04:24 PM
I am jealous!!! Guess what I got to do all weekend?

Stay home with a sick baby!! Top that!! :tongue: :tongue:

KTJ
01-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
welcome back KTJ.. you didnt like So-Cal??

God no. I hate going to LA. Don't ask me why because the list would be too long. :D

So did Cal really deserve to be in the Rose Bowl? ;)