PDA

View Full Version : For your reading enjoyment....

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Can't believe I am even posting this but here goes.............

:D

Texas snow auctioned on eBay

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) -- Some Texans are hoping to turn a rare snowfall into some cold cash.

A 23-year-old Brownsville man has put a three-pound snowball he collected during an unprecedented Rio Grande Valley Christmas snowfall on the eBay auction block.

Brownsville received 1.5 inches of snow Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, its first measurable snow since February 14, 1895, according to the National Weather Service.

"It's an amazing historical event," seller Oscar J. Garza said. "They've been selling so much stuff on eBay I thought I'd get a good laugh and if I make a little money out of it, oh well."

Garza's ball of snow was going for $20.50 early Tuesday -- plus a $20 shipping charge -- with bidding ending on Saturday. Seventeen people had placed bids so far.

Garza isn't the only one trying to cash in on the wintry wonderland. Another seller was asking $250,000 for a bowl of Christmas snow from Corpus Christi, sold "as is" without warranty. There were no takers as of early Tuesday.

jason
01-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Post With the Ebay Link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25056)

its pretty funny...remember the guy who caught wind from some hurricane in a tupper ware container and tried to sell it lol.....

CheerMom
01-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I just can't believe people are bidding on this. That is what is so funny.

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Another seller was asking $250,000 for a bowl of Christmas snow from Corpus Christi, sold "as is" without warranty. There were no takers as of early Tuesday.

I think this is the part that really got me ... I was just bragging about South Texas in another thread! :rolleyes:

You know, both of my daughters have snowballs in my freezer...:thinking: :D

NSUTrumpet08
01-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Man...i still can't believe places like Brownsville, Victoria, and Galveston got snow! While here in Jasper, we got nada...but still that's cool that yall got the snow...and yah i can't believe people are actually bidding on the snow...hope that guy makes alot of $$$...haha...

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-04-2005, 05:12 PM
some of my friends were showing me some stuff they were looin at like there was one guy who was selling his grandfather's glass eye or something like that, there was a fighter jet on there, the things people try and sell on there, and whats worse is people will actually buy them!!