PDA

View Full Version : I knew I liked Sandra Bullock for a reason.....

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Sandra Bullock donates $1 mil for tsunami
Actress makes donation to American Red Cross

NEW YORK (AP) -- Actress Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million to the American Red Cross to help relief efforts in countries affected by the deadly earthquake and tsunamis in southern Asia and eastern Africa.

Bullock, whose screen credits include "Miss Congeniality," "While You Were Sleeping" and "Speed," contacted the American Red Cross last week, the organization said Monday.

She also donated $1 million after the September 11 terror attacks.

"At this critical time, I am grateful to Sandra Bullock for once again demonstrating her leadership, compassion and belief in our global humanitarian mission," said American Red Cross President and Chief Executive Officer Marsha Evans in a statement.

"Sandra continues to enable our lifesaving work and is a model for personal generosity."

CheerMom
01-04-2005, 10:34 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: What a great lady!!

Ranger Mom
01-04-2005, 10:35 AM
You go Girl!!

:clap: :clap:

HighSchool Fan
01-04-2005, 10:39 AM
It's great to see someone with hollywood ties still has their head on straight. But hey, she is a Texan. Good job Sandra.

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 10:41 AM
She truly is a wonderful person and a great actress! I would probably even rate her higher than Julia Roberts. Doesn't she have a ranch somewhere in Texas?

HighSchool Fan
01-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Sandra lives in Austin while Julia lives in New Mexico

pirate44
01-04-2005, 10:48 AM
riverwalk boat operator told the story about the making of the movie "miss Congeniality" how sandra bullock would cuss out the boats that floated by during shooting, interupting the shot. true story or not, it was pretty funny, and i can just imagine it with as many boats float by the Arneson river theater.

HighSchool Fan
01-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I use to be in the Hotel business, Sandra stayed at a motel that I worked at. She was one of the funniest and most kind people that I have ever met. One thing about her that I will never forget, she had a few too many drinks in the bar. She had no idea how to get back to her room. I got to brag to my friends that I got to go in Sandra's motel room when she was drunk. :thinking: :D

rockdale80
01-04-2005, 10:58 AM
plus she is really hot!!!:D :D

Ranger Mom
01-04-2005, 11:02 AM
My step mother worked for Matthew McConaghay's (sp) sister-in-law. He came in to town one day and had Sandra Bullock with him - my step-mom ate dinner with them at the country club....she said they were both just as nice and sweet as could be!

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
These are the great kinds of stories to hear! They aren't staged....just random acts of kindness and proof that they are just human and behave as such.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
01-04-2005, 12:23 PM
What a great lady! Thank you Sandra!

Phil C
01-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Sandra lives in Austin while Julia lives in New Mexico

I wonder if Sandra goes to the UT soccer or softball games. :)