PDA

View Full Version : TAMUCC vs OSU last night

pirate44
01-04-2005, 09:02 AM
What a night. I was at the Texas A&M C.C. basketball game vs. the O.S.U. cowboys last night. tamucc really showed allot of heart the first half. The first half lead changed hands a few times and ended with OSU up by 3. Coach Sutton must have chewed his boys out at half, because they came out firing high percentage shots and really looking like they were playing with 6 men on the court. final score was 86-61, but tamucc men have allot to be proud of and can learn from the experience hopefully. There was allot of big screen shots of former Spurs coach John Lucas who was in attendance to see his son play for OSU. he stuck around taking photos and signing autographs for fans. Lucas ended up with 21.
Bailey brothers for C.C. were on their game with travis scoring 13 and thomas with 21
the new arena is pretty amazing for Corpus Christi standards. Great atmosphere and can even be put in the same category as the old Memorial Colesium. WTG C.C. taxpayers.:clap:

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
I agree with you! After seeing all of the local news coverage, this is a huge step for the Islanders and sports in the Corpus Christi area. Can't wait for construction to be completed on the new minor league baseball facility...it will be impressive as well.:thumbsup:

Look out "rest of Texas" because "South Texas" is on the move!:D

pirate44
01-04-2005, 10:01 AM
exactly!! it fealt like i wasnt even in Corpus Christi. the same feeling i had eating in the new Butter Churn location in Sinton or the new video store in Sinton. :D
the traffic after the game was about what i would expect in any larger city of venue. i wonder just how much worse it will be during simultaneous events at the American Bank Center and Whaterburger Baseball Field when it is finished. i guess we'll have to wait and see.

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
same feeling i had eating in the new Butter Churn location in Sinton or the new video store in Sinton

LOL....coming back after the holidays, driving through Sinton, my kids pointed out to me that the Butter Churn had moved. It is a favorite of ours and a "must have" whenever my husband or I get summoned for jury duty! :D Ahhh, the advantages of being the County Seat!;)

District303aPastPlayer
01-04-2005, 10:54 AM
i was in attendance and to be honest with you, i really thought that the Bailey Brother, Taurean Mitchell (from CC), and Corey Lampkin would pull off the upset to end all upsets in NCAA basketball. They lead pretty much most of the first half and had a GREAT showing. It was that 12-0 run to start the half and all those turn overs that killed A&M-CC. Also, A&M-CC had A TON of open looks to start the game.... knock those down, and i think we would be talking Shock of the Year candidate, and its only January 4.

pirate44
01-04-2005, 11:29 AM
this game was a story of 2 halfs. much like many of the Sinton football games. OSU looked like just another DI team first half. but coming out in the 2nd, they overwelmed tamucc. they (islanders) looked like the wind was taken out of their sails. Lampkin was invisible the entire night. i thought both baileys looked amazing against such a good team.

raider red 2000
01-04-2005, 04:04 PM
are the bailey bros seniors there? when i was in school there they were there....it seems like they should be graduated already....i hope they keep up the good work.

pirate44
01-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
are the bailey bros seniors there? when i was in school there they were there....it seems like they should be graduated already....i hope they keep up the good work.
both are listed as seniors