3afan
01-03-2005, 08:18 AM
SHOULD be a great game ... worth watching at least

Gsquared
01-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Yup, should be a good one!

ILS1
01-03-2005, 09:29 AM
G2,is that your HS graduation picture?? LOL!!! I'm pulling for VT but I think Auburn will win!!

:)

shellman54
01-03-2005, 09:35 AM
i have lunch hanging on this one. go Auburn!!!

Gsquared
01-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by shellman54
i have lunch hanging on this one. go Auburn!!!
Go War Eagles!!!!

YBS
01-03-2005, 11:03 AM
This is one time when I like both teams but I'll go for Auburn b/c I want the BCS to screw up again.

CheerMom
01-03-2005, 11:22 AM
This should be a great game!! Go War Eagles!!!

big daddy russ
01-03-2005, 02:03 PM
War Eagle!!!

Port_town_texas
01-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Auburn by 21.

big daddy russ
01-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Go War Eagles!!!! Believe it or not, G, War Eagle isn't the other nickname of the team. There are many people who get confused on this one and I've even seen some NCAA websites post that the War Eagles are our "other" team name. Not so. With the coverage we get that says otherwise, it makes the situation kind of confusing. But "War Eagle" is actually our battle cry, kinda like saying "Gig 'Em" or "Hook 'Em" or :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "Roll Tide":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Our first mascot was an old eagle nurtured back to health by an alum back in the late 1800's who had fought in the Civil War. Our big rivalry at the time was against the University of Georgia, not 'Bama, and that veteran decided to attend the game in Atlanta with the pet that he had owned for the better part of 30 years.

As the story goes, Auburn was trailing in the fourth quarter but had the ball deep in their own territory when the bird just took off and started circling overhead. The bird continued circling as Auburn was marching down the field and Auburn fans began yelling "War Eagle" while their team drove all the way down the field for the win. At the end of the game, the eagle plummeted to the middle of the field and died. The yell stuck and that bird is considered Auburn's first mascot.

Gsquared
01-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Believe it or not, G, War Eagle isn't the other nickname of the team. There are many people who get confused on this one and I've even seen some NCAA websites post that the War Eagles are our "other" team name. Not so. With the coverage we get that says otherwise, it makes the situation kind of confusing. But "War Eagle" is actually our battle cry, kinda like saying "Gig 'Em" or "Hook 'Em" or :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "Roll Tide":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Our first mascot was an old eagle nurtured back to health by an alum back in the late 1800's who had fought in the Civil War. Our big rivalry at the time was against the University of Georgia, not 'Bama, and that veteran decided to attend the game in Atlanta with the pet that he had owned for the better part of 30 years.

As the story goes, Auburn was trailing in the fourth quarter but had the ball deep in their own territory when the bird just took off and started circling overhead. The bird continued circling as Auburn was marching down the field and Auburn fans began yelling "War Eagle" while their team drove all the way down the field for the win. At the end of the game, the eagle plummeted to the middle of the field and died. The yell stuck and that bird is considered Auburn's first mascot.

Wow, thats cool! I like some of the inside storys on nicknames and battle crys!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Wow, thats cool! I like some of the inside storys on nicknames and battle crys! you're right, that is very interesting, but in the name of good faith, that sig has got to go!!! its bit trifling.

Holmes_Fans
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
It's to big anyways, poeple will cry because they think it will make the page load slower

3afan
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
according to auburntigers.com ::

Nicknames
There is only one ... Tigers. The is no such thing as an Auburn War Eagle, an Auburn Plainsman or Plainsmen or an Auburn Lady Tiger. It is simply Tigers. “War Eagle” is a battle cry.

gobbler grad
01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Va Tech can hang but ill say Auburn by 5

yep, Auburn in a close one...hope it's as good as the Rose Bowl was...close till the end...

i bet he would look good in HOT PINK ...:kiss:

Gsquared's sig that is...

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
i think im gonna have to go w/ vt in the upset on this one. i think they win by 9

CRHSeagle
01-04-2005, 02:27 AM
tough loss, auburn could have easily lost this one.

Gsquared
01-04-2005, 07:10 AM
What a ball game!!