PDA

View Full Version : Much love, J2K...

big daddy russ
02-11-2003, 12:54 PM
What's going on out there in the world of roundball? Girls and guys.

turbostud
02-11-2003, 01:09 PM
Big Daddy Russ, looks like we are going to be neighbors. I just got transferred to Port Aransas. Should be up there around May or June. Whats to do there????

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-11-2003, 01:10 PM
turbostud:
Big Daddy Russ, looks like we are going to be neighbors. I just got transferred to Port Aransas. Should be up there around May or June. Whats to do there????Hey Turbo, you'll still be a Tarpons fan, right?

turbostud
02-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Of course. I just hope I dont become an Aransas Pass fan!

big daddy russ
02-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Hey there, Turbo... beach is alright... not as nice as Port Isabel, though. Most everything is over in Corpus. That's where the closest dance halls and all that are. Maybe we'll go catch a Sinton baseball or football game and meet some of the other posters. PM me, let me know what you like to do and I'll set you up, buddy.

<small>[ February 11, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

turbostud
02-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Sounds cool BDR, How far is Sinton? I hope the Sinton Clan from 3aDownLow doesnt mind.

big daddy russ
02-11-2003, 01:52 PM
It's about 20 minutes from Ingleside, probably 40 from Port A considering the ferry ride.

Phil, you wouldn't mind keeping the angry masses at bay would you? I hear 66 and 75 get kinda rowdy when get those tortilla burgers in their system.

Phil C
02-11-2003, 03:15 PM
I'll do my best Big Daddy! Welcome to the area Turbo. Port Aransas is about 32 miles from Sinton but the ferry makes it a little longer. Hope to see you at some of the sporting events.

pirate4state
02-11-2003, 04:01 PM
turbostud:
Sounds cool BDR, How far is Sinton? I hope the Sinton Clan from 3aDownLow doesnt mind.We won't mind. You can check out the tortilla burgers and come watch Big, Bad Adrian! wink . J/K The cheerleaders have this cheer they do that uses that "phrase" & it just stuck w/ me. :D

turbostud
02-11-2003, 04:27 PM
I have never had a tortilla burger. Is that a Sinton thing? Or am I just clueless!

sinton66
02-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much just a Sinton thing. There's three restaraunts that serve them. Little Mexico, Freddy's and Tasty Taco. I understand the original at Tasty Taco is the best of the bunch. SinFan75 could tell you for sure. I think he might even own the copyright(kidding). All the folks over at Sinton are pretty laid back. You'd have to mess up pretty bad for them to get nasty with you.

<small>[ February 11, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Big Tarp 74
02-11-2003, 11:31 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas, what this your moving to Aransas Pass? I am in shock. Since when? Well, did you know that Handel Woods son has come to Port Isabel to play. He is now going to school at PI. Also, some of the PI player told me we might pick up a quarterback from Porter High School. This guy is about 6-2. Have heard alot of good about him. Remmember this is not for sure, but he is thinging it over. Woods is a big kid. Some of the things I have heard about woods is that he was have trouble with the off season.

TarponFanInNorthTexas:

turbostud:
Big Daddy Russ, looks like we are going to be neighbors. I just got transferred to Port Aransas. Should be up there around May or June. Whats to do there????Hey Turbo, you'll still be a Tarpons fan, right?

Big Tarp 74
02-11-2003, 11:42 PM
big daddy russ, I have heard you going to have a big football fan moving into you negibor hood. Sorry I have been working, and have had no time to talk. How does Aransas Pass look this comming year? Is TarponFanInNorthTexas taking a coaching job their? How are thing going in general? Everthing is going good down in good old Port Isabel. Football fans here are having withdrawls. Cant seem to help them. Track is starting up, and PI has some good kids. Do not know how they will do. Many of out fans still say that the state championship was played between AP & PI. That was a good game. If AP had won, they would have gone all the way. Well I better get off, or I will be sleeping with the dog, and I do not want to do that. Ha Ha. :D

big daddy russ
02-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey there, Big Tarp. Good to hear from you again. Actually it's turbostud that's moving up here, haha. AP probably won't be as talented as last year. They have a lot of "what-ifs" right now, but if everything falls into place they'll field another good team in 2003. Their stud this year will probably be a kid named Myron Brown. He started at corner as a sophomore but moved away during that year. He came back this year, but couldn't play due to transfer restrictions. Should be a stud in the offensive backfield as a senior. Their other back, Corey Hale, started this year but he's had a couple of problems here and there. He's a huge talent and if he can straighten things out he'll be a force. But those two players are also their two biggest question marks. I heard that Corey was thinking of quitting the team (just hearsay, nothing more) and I don't know all the UIL rules concerning Myron. I have no idea if he'll be eligible or not or what's going on, and the fact that he was out of football for a year also hurts a little.

sinfan75
02-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Actually I'm leanin more toward Little Mexico.Tasty Taco is more of my breakfast restuarant while Little Mexico is my lunch stop.They just seem to have better food over-all.But I'll eat a tortilla burger from anywhere.