PDA

View Full Version : Cal the whiners gettin' whooped

Chief Woodman
12-30-2004, 11:05 PM
All that whineing about "we got robbed...cal is great.....Cal should be in the BCS...."

End of the 3rd Qtr

Texas Tech 38
Cal the whiners 17

LH Panther Mom
12-30-2004, 11:15 PM
:clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
12-30-2004, 11:23 PM
go tech

District303aPastPlayer
12-30-2004, 11:38 PM
OVER RATED!!!! OVER RATED!!!!

the chant of the Texas Tech University faithful.

District303aPastPlayer
12-30-2004, 11:51 PM
520 Yards and 3 TDs ....
Sonny Cumbies stats for the night...

WRECK EM TECH!!

sinton66
12-31-2004, 12:04 AM
So much for the #4 team in the nation.

NSUTrumpet08
12-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Congratulations Texas Tech! Great Game! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jet1
12-31-2004, 12:07 AM
:( :hairpunk: :( :hairpunk: :mad: :(
the look of Cal fans

Bullaholic
12-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Way to go Tech....1 down and 2 to go for a Lone Star sweep.

CHSBaseball07
12-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Isnt this the team that Texas had to compete with to get into the ROSE BOWL?? haha.................

O-V-E-R - R-A-T-E-D

I love it......California people make me laugh......

ive got some words of advice for Californians out there'

DONT MESS WITH TEXAS!!

Not only the University of Texas...but also Texas Tech....haha

NSUTrumpet08
12-31-2004, 12:15 AM
I can't decide who i want to win the national championship; USC or OU...i don't like either one but i'll have to go with OU...:p

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Jet1
:( :hairpunk: :( :hairpunk: :mad: :(
the look of Cal fans

ROFL! :D

PhiI C
12-31-2004, 01:14 AM
Looks like Mack was right in saying that Texas deserved the Rose Bowl more than California. California was whipped by the Red Raiders even though they got a last second td to make it look just a little better. California lost to Texas Tech a team that Texas had beaten 51to 21 and that was in LUBBOCK!!

lobo12
12-31-2004, 01:25 AM
just because it was in lubbock doesnt mean tech didnt have an off game. if they played again i think tech would give them a great game, but ut deserved to beat the crap outta them, never ever thought id hear myself say this but GO LONGHORNS

PhiI C
12-31-2004, 01:27 AM
I am not a Texas Tech fan as you know but I am very happy that they put California in their place. Way to go Red Raiders!

Port_town_texas
12-31-2004, 01:50 AM
i'm glad tech beat them!

football4life
12-31-2004, 02:05 AM
im not sure if there are too many teams out there that could have stopped them tonight. wow! they looked incredible on both sides of the ball. Cal was completely overmatched.

as will tennessee:cool: :cool:

vet93
12-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Tennessee is a better football team than cal...they played in a great conference and are battle hardened. I think A&M has a good shot at winning....but it will be tougher than Tech's win over cal.

Originally posted by football4life
im not sure if there are too many teams out there that could have stopped them tonight. wow! they looked incredible on both sides of the ball. Cal was completely overmatched.

as will tennessee:cool: :cool:

GOFOR2
12-31-2004, 10:08 AM
The funny part about the whole thing was that before the game even started Tech players had said they were not worried about Cal too much and that they (Cal) could not compete with Oklahoma or Texas. So much for the "#4" ranked team in the country. I hope those worthless AP pollsters from the West Coast and East Coast realize just how hapless the Pac 10 is give more respect to the Big 12 in football like they do in basketball.
That one black ESPN analyst and McDonough would not give Tech any props, it was all about how Cal was playing bad and not how well Tech was playing, and how Tech made Cal play so badly.
I really dont care, because the score said it all, outside of that late score with :43 seconds left in the game.
Way to go TECH!!!

Leopards,class of 75
12-31-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
520 Yards and 3 TDs ....
Sonny Cumbies stats for the night...

WRECK EM TECH!! Very impressive numbers! Way to go Texas Tech.

injuredinmelee
12-31-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
The funny part about the whole thing was that before the game even started Tech players had said they were not worried about Cal too much and that they (Cal) could not compete with Oklahoma or Texas. So much for the "#4" ranked team in the country. I hope those worthless AP pollsters from the West Coast and East Coast realize just how hapless the Pac 10 is give more respect to the Big 12 in football like they do in basketball

That one black ESPN analyst and McDonough would not give Tech any props, it was all about how Cal was playing bad and not how well Tech was playing, and how Tech made Cal play so badly.
I really dont care, because the score said it all, outside of that late score with :43 seconds left in the game.
Way to go TECH!!!

Finally someone else who agrees that the media is biased towards the east and west coasts. Pac Ten football is a joke and haw been for a long time. As much as it pains me to say it, I hope OU kicks the crap out of USC by about 70. The national Championship game ought to be OU vs UT. Auburn is overrated also. The SEC was a joke this year too. The Big XII South was the premier conference this year.

3afan
12-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
... The SEC was a joke this year too. ...

maybe down a little bit, but "a joke" is pretty harsh IMO ...... dont forget the Big XII has a NORTH DIVISION too ....

Jet1
12-31-2004, 11:24 AM
Looking at Cal last night makes me think. They maybe are a 4th or 5th place team in the Big 12 south. Pac 10 is terrible. Do BCS voters look at this when they vote?

PhiI C
12-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
So much for the #4 team in the nation.

So much for the BCS. We need a real playoff system.

Black_Magic
01-03-2005, 02:35 PM
There are more sports writers in California than in any other state by far. That has something to do with it.

Way to go Tech.

Sonny Cumbie Did and FANTASTIC job. Made Snyder folks happy. Bet he gets a good look from the pros after that game. 520 yards vs a quality team like that ( yes they were over rated but still good ) should pick his stock up. Not that the #1 passer in the country needs much help but it should help some.

rhs78
01-03-2005, 03:18 PM
way to go red raiders you made texas proud

big daddy russ
01-03-2005, 09:57 PM
...Auburn is overrated also. The SEC was a joke this year too... Whatever. How much football do you watch, exactly?

44INAROW
01-03-2005, 10:26 PM
. Auburn is overrated also. The SEC was a joke this year too. The Big XII South was the premier conference this year.

Auburn sure is looking good tonight......

scrub c
01-04-2005, 09:35 AM
always happy to see cal-a-fruit-ya teams get beat by TEXAS teams.

oh yeah and AUBURN is good, but, VT beat themselves IMO

jason
01-04-2005, 09:39 AM
vt definitely didnt help themselves, but i think auburn is a better team than vt....

neither are on the same level as ou or usc though...

swatersenior
01-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
The funny part about the whole thing was that before the game even started Tech players had said they were not worried about Cal too much and that they (Cal) could not compete with Oklahoma or Texas. So much for the "#4" ranked team in the country. I hope those worthless AP pollsters from the West Coast and East Coast realize just how hapless the Pac 10 is give more respect to the Big 12 in football like they do in basketball.
Way to go TECH!!!

I dont think that is true i think that cal was a good team and the way tech played just was too good
u cant stop them when they have that kind of rythym