PDA

View Full Version : okay, who's gonna win????

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
CatWoman, Ballinger over Brady? Keep me posted.
Greenwood, Ranger Mon? Keep me posted.
Sweetwater, Keep me posted.
Andrews, can they beat Levelland? Keep me posted.
Pecos, what about Kermit? Keep me posted.
I'm interested in all of you 3A schools, keep me posted.

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Andrews and Levelland are 4A, but you really have doubts about who will win this one??? Andrews by as many as they want, forbidding some disaster. Just my take!

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: xlr8tor ]</small>

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Sorry, yes, they are 4A, but I'm interested in them. Yes, I have doubts. Andrews is notorious for getting too cocky. They are 5-0, but I do think that they can pull it out over Levelland. Just wish that they still had Shaud Williams in the backfield.

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Tanglefoot:
Sorry, yes, they are 4A, but I'm interested in them. Yes, I have doubts. Andrews is notorious for getting too cocky. They are 5-0, but I do think that they can pull it out over Levelland. Just wish that they still had Shaud Williams in the backfield.Shaud was a great player, one of the greatest, if not the greatest from Andrews. But...well...to put it bluntly, Levelland stinks. If they lose to Levelland, something is seriously wrong. Just my take.

wildstangs
10-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Andrews will smoke Levelland. 60-14 wouldnt surprise me at all.

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Yes, Shaud is probably the greatest football player that has ever come from Andrews. I just wish that his college career had been better. But he is doing great things at Alabama. But I will always wonder if he hadn't had the problems that he had, would he have been the next Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett, or Emmitt Smith. Just wondering. He is really a class act!! Hope you are right about Levelland. Andrews is good, but how good?????

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 09:20 PM
wildstangs:
Andrews will smoke Levelland. 60-14 wouldnt surprise me at all.Wildstangs, I think you are being generous to Levelland. Just my take.

wildstangs
10-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Poor poor Shaud and the rest of the Andrews football team of 1999. Had they beat Stephenville in bi district at Sweetwater they would have been state champions. No doubt in my mind. Damn shame they had to play in bi district.

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Do ya'll think Shaud was as good or better than Cedric Benson? I think he was and maybe is just as good. My opinoin, or just my take.

wildstangs
10-09-2003, 09:23 PM
xlr8tor:

wildstangs:
Andrews will smoke Levelland. 60-14 wouldnt surprise me at all.Wildstangs, I think you are being generous to Levelland. Just my take.At first I had it going 60-0. But if Andrews has the third teamers in at the end they might score a couple. Snyder killed Levelland last weekend 55-0. Andrews will have their way with them.

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 09:25 PM
wildstangs:

xlr8tor:

wildstangs:
Andrews will smoke Levelland. 60-14 wouldnt surprise me at all.Wildstangs, I think you are being generous to Levelland. Just my take.At first I had it going 60-0. But if Andrews has the third teamers in at the end they might score a couple. Snyder killed Levelland last weekend 55-0. Andrews will have their way with them.Like I said, if Andrews doesn't win, or really has much trouble at all with Levelland, they have some serious problems. Just my take.

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Yes, you are right, Wildstangs. On any given night, anything can happen. It just wasn't in the cards for the Mustangs. Poor Shaud, is right. But he is really a class person and deserved to get the best.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Gobblers roll to win #570 (I hope)...

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Gobba2001, do you know a coach with the last name of DeBerry?

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 09:31 PM
I did, he left Cuero this offseason... Believe he's down at McAllen now...

wildstangs
10-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Tanglefoot:
Yes, you are right, Wildstangs. On any given night, anything can happen. It just wasn't in the cards for the Mustangs. Poor Shaud, is right. But he is really a class person and deserved to get the best.I was proud of them for finishing up that year with a state title in baseball.

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:34 PM
You bet, Wildstangs. Now that was a trip!!! That was so exciting winning the State Championship in Baseball!!! Coach Halsey rules!!! He's in the Dallas area now. I'm not sure what he is doing, but he really was a great baseball coach.

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Gobbla2001, what is he doing in McAllen - coaching? DeBerry is a very good friend of mine, but I haven't kept up with in him in awhile.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 09:40 PM
He was in Cuero with Finley, then Finley took over Artlington High in '99 but Coach DeBerry stayed... Littleton took over here but was fired (not re-signed, whatever) so he went to McAllen... DeBerry was going to stay (this is what I heard) but there was a disagreement in what he wanted to do and what the new AD/HC wanted to do so he went to McAllen with Littleton...

He was my algebra teacher my freshmen year as well as my coach... Realy a mean guy, but I miss him...

Look like him and his wife were really gettin' comfy with Cuero, know a lot of kids were sad to see him go...

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Yes, I knew that there were ties in Cuero. I attended his wedding in Cuero several years back. He was a good coach and friend. HOpe all is going well for him in McAllen. We also had some very good times in Colorado in the summer - his parents, his brother and him.

Gobbla2001:
He was in Cuero with Finley, then Finley took over Artlington High in '99 but Coach DeBerry stayed... Littleton took over here but was fired (not re-signed, whatever) so he went to McAllen... DeBerry was going to stay (this is what I heard) but there was a disagreement in what he wanted to do and what the new AD/HC wanted to do so he went to McAllen with Littleton...

He was my algebra teacher my freshmen year as well as my coach... Realy a mean guy, but I miss him...

Look like him and his wife were really gettin' comfy with Cuero, know a lot of kids were sad to see him go...

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 10:01 PM
ttt

Stangster
10-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Sweetwater over Snyder definitely. Pay back for last year. Just my onion.

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Just take Pecos as your paradine of hope. Just my take.

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Hope Sweetwater comes out ahead. Mustangs rule!!

Tanglefoot
10-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Lived in Pecos for 3 years back in the 60's. Always for Pecos.....

CatWoman
10-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Tanglefoot:
CatWoman, Ballinger over Brady? Keep me posted.
Greenwood, Ranger Mon? Keep me posted.
Sweetwater, Keep me posted.
Andrews, can they beat Levelland? Keep me posted.
Pecos, what about Kermit? Keep me posted.
I'm interested in all of you 3A schools, keep me posted.I believe Ballinger will take Brady. We the talent to blow them away, but I don't think that's going to happen, should be close.
Greewood should win with no problem. Go RangerMom
Sweetwater will win and I think Kermit beats Pecos and Andrews rolls.

GO BEARCATS!!!!