PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have XM Satellite Radio??

ILS1
12-29-2004, 11:17 PM
What are your thoughts about it? The good? The bad? I have it currently in my new truck. It's free for the 1st 3 months. I really haven't had a chance to listen to it completely. But I like what I hear to far. I'm not sure I wanna pay $9.99 mo. for it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

lepfan
12-29-2004, 11:26 PM
we have it, and we like it...

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Next to TiVO it is one of the greatest things I have gotten this year.

Here is the best test for you... after 2 and a half months, just try to quit listening to it for a week.

I Love it.

TMer25
12-30-2004, 01:13 AM
I've had it since it made it's debut a couple of years ago, and now I don't know what i'd do without it. It's nice having access to the same stations no matter where you are.

Astrosdawg07
12-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
What are your thoughts about it? The good? The bad? I have it currently in my new truck. It's free for the 1st 3 months. I really haven't had a chance to listen to it completely. But I like what I hear to far. I'm not sure I wanna pay $9.99 mo. for it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

LOVE IT:inlove:

intocable_cowboy
12-30-2004, 01:48 AM
Sirus or XM? do you have to pay extra for the NFL, NBA, and College broadcasts on sirius?

Old Green
12-30-2004, 06:12 AM
I have it. It came install in the new 2005 car I bought last week. Three freemonths . I liked so much I subscribed for 2 years .

redraidersister
12-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Have it and love it!! Originally enjoyed mostly music, now prefer the comedy channels for long trips--keeps you awake better! For someone who spends a lot of time in their vehicle it is a must!!! I have heard Sirrus is better for sports though.

ILS1
12-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks for everyone's positive comments. Even though I'm not on the road very often,I still might get it. Thanks again!!

cjeffsjeep
12-30-2004, 10:44 AM
I LOVE MY XM RADIO

and thanks for making me money i have stock in XM and it has only gone up and up and up . check it out its on the nasdac look under XMSR if you got some extra money drop some in on them and it will be worth it

44INAROW
12-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I have it. It came install in the new 2005 car I bought last week. Three freemonths . I liked so much I subscribed for 2 years . My Expedition had a SAT button on the radio.. I assume it is equipped for XFM so all I gotta do is subscribe? How do I do that?

Adidas410s
12-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by redraidersister
Have it and love it!! Originally enjoyed mostly music, now prefer the comedy channels for long trips--keeps you awake better! For someone who spends a lot of time in their vehicle it is a must!!! I have heard Sirrus is better for sports though.

Sirius does have the NFL but how many people care about all of those games? You may listen to your team and catch the end of a "big game" but thats about it. Starting this spring, XM will carry every MLB game...EVERY GAME!!! That's awesome to me. Plus now I can listen to the Red Sox or any other team I want to hear besides the Rangers. Also, it gives me the ability to hear a lot of the legendary announcers whose names we hear but never get to hear them "work their magic."

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I almost forgot about the MLB deal. Every game, for free. Sweet.

ILS1
12-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
My Expedition had a SAT button on the radio.. I assume it is equipped for XFM so all I gotta do is subscribe? How do I do that?

Go to www.xmradio.com

XM Radio (http://www.xmradio.com)

You can subscribe online. You have to know the SN# or ID# of your receiver.

44INAROW
12-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Go to www.xmradio.com

XM Radio (http://www.xmradio.com)

You can subscribe online. You have to know the SN# or ID# of your receiver.

hhmm guess I need to read my manual for that thanks for the info

turbostud
12-30-2004, 05:48 PM
In a year Howard Stern will be on Sirrus. My brother told me Sirrus stock doubled once he anounced his move over there. I think it is $12.95 a month for a subscription.