PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Basketball Tournament

Phil C
12-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Today at the Sinton gym will be the championship games of the tournament. At 4:30 P.M. the girls' championship game will be played between Gregory Portland vs Victoria St. Josephs. At 6:00 P.M. the boys championship game will be played between Sinton vs Zapata. I plan to be there for both games. This information is taken from the Corpus Christi Caller/Times so I hope their information is correct.

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2004, 01:02 PM
i might show up... im not sure... but i pick St Joes and Sinton...

PhiI C
12-29-2004, 10:18 PM
It is over. The Sinton boys won their own tournament with a 44 to 39 win over a tough Zapata team in the final. On the girls side Gregory-Portland beat St. Joseph's of Victoria 67 to 51 but the game was close until the fourth quarter when G-P pulled ahead. The Sinton girls also won a trophy by winning the consolation game against Cuero 57 to 49.

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2004, 10:41 PM
wow... the girls outscored the boys teams?

GOFOR2
12-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
wow... the girls outscored the boys teams?

yea they did, but they did not play the same team, so what differnce does it make how many points they scored?

District303aPastPlayer
12-30-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
yea they did, but they did not play the same team, so what differnce does it make how many points they scored?

the entire basis of my comment was to make a point that the mens games are usually a higher scoring affair than womens games... but keep anaylzing for no reason :)

pirate44
12-30-2004, 08:55 AM
calallen won threir tournament. their game against Aransas Pass went into double overtime. i heard it was a great game. And i think AP beat Corpus Christi King in the Semis. Way To Go AP!!

Phil C
12-30-2004, 11:22 AM
An interesting note is that with 58 seconds remaining in the game and Zapata winning 39 to 38 Travis Franco stole the ball in his own backcourt and was running for a layup for the go ahead basket and was fouled with 58 seconds in the game. Travis Franco was Sinton's outstanding running back in football. He made both free throws and Sinton was ahead to stay. The Pirates got the ball back twice more and of course Zapata fouled and Sinton made the points to put the game away.