PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State upset

pirate44
12-29-2004, 09:04 AM
wow. Gonzaga is a very good team, but their 78-75 upset last night over Oklahoma State really makes the TAMUCC / OSU game really interesting. I wonder how far down OSU drops in the rankings. I hope the Islanders can take advantage of this upset and come out hard against OSU next week.

KTJ
12-29-2004, 12:47 PM
If they are playing in Stillwater, they have no chance.

I'm glad Gonzaga beat OSU. That gives us a shot to take them down in Stillwater. Hopefully, we can kill them in Austin, unlike last year.

pirate44
12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
the TAMUCC / OSU game will be in Corpus Christi at the new American Bank Center. so far this year they have a problem filling the place, but against a team of this caliber, who knows. they might just get some butts in the seats. CC has upset several quality teams in the past few years and has allot of potential. but im afraid after last nights loss, OSU will come out with allot of intensity.

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2004, 12:59 PM
how can you call this win an upset is what im wondering... if you have seen Gonzaga play, you know that their ranking is crap. In the Coaches poll, they are 21.... in the AP Poll, they are 12... last night one of the commentators said, "i honestly dont know if there ARE 11 better teams than the Zags" which is a pretty bold statement. Granted they are a mid-major.. but if you look at their last 3 wins, and then their last 5 years of play... this is normal...

KTJ
12-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Well Okie State was #3, so it was kinda an upset.

Wow, how did they get Okie State to come to Corpus??? That's really weird. TAMUCC might have a shot then.

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Well Okie State was #3, so it was kinda an upset.

Wow, how did they get Okie State to come to Corpus??? That's really weird. TAMUCC might have a shot then.

its a home/home thing for next year too... and Gonzaga was ranked #3 this time last year... wont be long before they are back there...

jason
12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
but if you look at their last 3 wins, and then their last 5 years of play... this is normal... well, IMO, the last 5 years have no bearing on this season...but their last 3 wins put them at the top....

KTJ
12-29-2004, 01:12 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Should something ever happen to Rick Barnes, UT needs to go after Mark Few at Gonzaga.

pirate44
12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
how can you call this win an upset is what im wondering... if you have seen Gonzaga play, you know that their ranking is crap. In the Coaches poll, they are 21.... in the AP Poll, they are 12... last night one of the commentators said, "i honestly dont know if there ARE 11 better teams than the Zags" which is a pretty bold statement. Granted they are a mid-major.. but if you look at their last 3 wins, and then their last 5 years of play... this is normal...
if you want to get in a discussion of semantics, fine, there was no upset. The #3 team in the nation got beat by the #21 team. to me it was an upset. small, large, who cares. the thread was not about Gonzaga but about Corpus Christi's chances against OSU.

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
if you want to get in a discussion of semantics, fine, there was no upset. The #3 team in the nation got beat by the #21 team. to me it was an upset. small, large, who cares. the thread was not about Gonzaga but about Corpus Christi's chances against OSU.

well say that :p but their chances are real good i think... heck, they are playin the best basketball of their lives right now... and if im not mistaken,t hey won last night too...

pirate44
12-29-2004, 01:22 PM
well say that :p but their chances are real good i think... heck, they are playin the best basketball of their lives right now... and if im not mistaken,t hey won last night too...
say what?! i said what i meant. i cant help it if you let your feelings and favoritism get in the way of my and many others opinions.

jason
12-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Corpus Christi's chances against OSU. lol...if thats the case...osu rolls....

pirate44
12-29-2004, 01:24 PM
im no fan of OSU, but they are the best team AMCC will play this year. my fingers are crossed. i hope i can score a couple free tix. still havent talked to the boss yet:D

Port_town_texas
12-29-2004, 02:56 PM
seemed like a regular win for the Zags to me.

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2004, 07:28 PM
say what?! i said what i meant. i cant help it if you let your feelings and favoritism get in the way of my and many others opinions.

what i mean by 'just say that then' is say you wanna talk about A&M-CCs chances vs. OSU.... i have favoritism to Gonzaga yes... but i do think the Islanders have a decent shot at scorin some points... Travis Bailey and Corey Lampkin are tremendous players... and Taurean Mitchell is really coming into his own as a great sophomore...

BLUE CRUE! GO ISLANDERS!

turbostud
12-29-2004, 10:26 PM
The Zags also beat Georgia Tech a week or two ago who was in the final last year and was ranked 2nd or 3rd at the time.

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2004, 10:40 PM
they were #3... but back to the subject at hand..

Who all is going to the game?

pirate44
12-30-2004, 08:51 AM
my brother called me last night and said he won 2 tix to the game. so i get to go after all. he said that they will pick someone from the crowd to shoot (5) 3 pointers i think. if someone can make them all, they drive home with a new chevy avalanche. so go practice those 3 pointers this weekend.