PDA

View Full Version : UT Movie

intocable_cowboy
12-28-2004, 07:43 AM
For those of you who don't know, Tommy Lee Jones is starring in a new comedy in which he is assigned to protect the UT cheerleaders. Comes out in Feb. Check out the preview...
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/manofthehouse/index.html

lol, like that part when the ark hog gets tackled.

underware
12-28-2004, 09:33 AM
hehe.......funny

Phil C
12-28-2004, 09:57 AM
This is great! I look forward to seeing this movie. Strange that even though he is a Texan that Jones went to Harvard where he played football there. I think one of his teammates may have been Calvin Hill who played for the Cowboys for a while. Another strange thing is that they have never made a movie about Freddie Steinmark - this would have been a great movie if done right. I think one time they thought about it with Dennis Weaver playing Royal but it didn't ever get made.

Bullaholic
12-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
This is great! I look forward to seeing this movie. Strange that even though he is a Texan that Jones went to Harvard where he played football there. I think one of his teammates may have been Calvin Hill who played for the Cowboys for a while. Another strange thing is that they have never made a movie about Freddie Steinmark - this would have been a great movie if done right. I think one time they thought about it with Dennis Weaver playing Royal but it didn't ever get made.

Did you know that Tommy Lee Jones' Harvard roommate was Al Gore, Phil C.?

District303aPastPlayer
12-28-2004, 11:39 AM

Did you know Calvin Hills son is Grant

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-28-2004, 12:43 PM
looks like a winner, lots of hotties, funny, and shows the longhorns cheerleaders... what more could you ask for?!?!:D

Astrosdawg07
12-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Tommy Lee Jones is just 2 cool:cool: :D

Jody
12-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Finally, UT has something worth talking about.....:D :D :D

Astrosdawg07
12-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Finally, UT has something worth talking about.....:D :D :D

Besides the ROSE BOWL!!!!! GO HORNS!!!!!!!

KTJ
12-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Jody is just mad because A&M never gets any kind of recognition or movie made about them. :D ;)

Anywho, this movie was filmed during the Arkansas game last year. It sucked, because we ended up losing to Arkie. :mad: They were filming all over campus and in the West Campus areas last year.

Astrosdawg07
12-28-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm glad they're re-newing the Ark. Texas rivalry.

KTJ
12-28-2004, 08:52 PM
They aren't renewing it.

Astrosdawg07
12-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I'm glad they're re-newing the Ark. Texas rivalry.

I mean they are actaully playing each other again, there had been a span where they didn't play each other.

Phil C
12-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Hey KTJ did you get to appear in the movie?

Phil C
12-29-2004, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KTJ
[B]Jody is just mad because A&M never gets any kind of recognition or movie made about them. :D ;)

You are too young to remember KTJ but there was a movie made in the early 80s about them that starred Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton called The Best Little Warehouse (word clean up!) in Texas. It featured the Aggie football team (the movie team now) after they had defeated Texas when they went to the famous ranch near La Grange to celebrate. It had a great song and dance number with the (movie) Aggies. The movie was a hit and gave the Aggies some recognition. Say for a few years after it came out the Aggies had some good teams and beat Texas consistently. Of little note one of the girls that worked at the ranch during the summer used that work to pay for her college education at UT.

44INAROW
12-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Jody is just mad because A&M never gets any kind of recognition or movie made about them.

What about "The Junction Boys" :D

Phil C
12-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Jody is just mad because A&M never gets any kind of recognition or movie made about them.

That was just a made for tv movie though. :);)

vet93
12-29-2004, 10:05 AM
There was also a war movie made in the 1940's called "We've never been licked".....It was a movie that celebrated the fighting spirt of the ROTC graduates at A&M. Many of our officers in WWII were gradtuates of the Corp of Cadets and many won honor including Congressional Medals of Honor fighting in both the European and Asian theatres of war. It is kind of a cheesy movie but their hearts were in the right place.

Originally posted by 44INAROW

Phil C
12-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by vet93
There was also a war movie made in the 1940's called "We've never been licked".....It was a movie that celebrated the fighting spirt of the ROTC graduates at A&M. Many of our officers in WWII were gradtuates of the Corp of Cadets and many won honor including Congressional Medals of Honor fighting in both the European and Asian theatres of war. It is kind of a cheesy movie but their hearts were in the right place.

Now that is the kind of movie that should have been a hit in theatres. Too bad it wasn't well made. :(

KTJ
12-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I mean they are actaully playing each other again, there had been a span where they didn't play each other.

That was the only time they'll play each other for a very, very long time. They'll never play each other ever again, in the regular season. The only time Texas and Arkansas will meet up again is in a bowl game.

I went to the Arkie game at Arkie. Man, do I have some stories. :eek: There is a reason they call it Fayettenam.

KTJ
12-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Hey KTJ did you get to appear in the movie?

No sir. When they needed extras, I was out of town. :(

Phil C
12-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
That was the only time they'll play each other for a very, very long time. They'll never play each other ever again, in the regular season. The only time Texas and Arkansas will meet up again is in a bowl game.

I went to the Arkie game at Arkie. Man, do I have some stories. :eek: There is a reason they call it Fayettenam.

In the sixties back when the Cold War was going on between the USSR and USA Darrell Royal remarked that playing in Fayetville was like parachuiting into Russia! :)

Sorry if any words misspelled.

Gilmer Buckeye
12-29-2004, 05:36 PM
This is great! I look forward to seeing this movie. Strange that even though he is a Texan that Jones went to Harvard where he played football there. I think one of his teammates may have been Calvin Hill who played for the Cowboys for a while.

Calvin Hill played for Yale.

http://www.yaleherald.com/archive/xxviii/1999.12.03/sports/p21calvin.html

vet93
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Lou Holtz was quoted as saying that "Fayetville isn't Hell.....but you can sure see it from there!!!". I always liked Lou.

In the sixties back when the Cold War was going on between the USSR and USA Darrell Royal remarked that playing in Fayetville was like parachuiting into Russia! :)

Sorry if any words misspelled.

J-town Hustler
12-29-2004, 07:28 PM
There was that movie that is on ESPN a lot, that incorporates the Aggies - The Junction Boys.

JasperDog94
12-29-2004, 11:32 PM
I seriously thought this was a joke at first. I won't pay 8.50 to see it, but I'll rent it when it comes out.:)

Phantom Stang
12-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Looks good to me. Definatly video store material though.:nerd:

Jody
12-30-2004, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KTJ
[B]Jody is just mad because A&M never gets any kind of recognition or movie made about them. :D ;)

You are too young to remember KTJ but there was a movie made in the early 80s about them that starred Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton called The Best Little Warehouse (word clean up!) in Texas. It featured the Aggie football team (the movie team now) after they had defeated Texas when they went to the famous ranch near La Grange to celebrate. It had a great song and dance number with the (movie) Aggies. The movie was a hit and gave the Aggies some recognition. Say for a few years after it came out the Aggies had some good teams and beat Texas consistently. Of little note one of the girls that worked at the ranch during the summer used that work to pay for her college education at UT.

I am not that young...LOL. I remember it well. Heck, even OLD Marvin Zindler is still arouund. That sucker has got have had 100 face lifts.

Jody
12-30-2004, 07:41 AM
WOW! I just heard that UT signed that head coach until 2016 (I know, I shouldn't use that coach word)...:D Guess OU is probably shaking in their shoes right now:D

As for A&M, by 2006 we will own UT once again.:D

JHS_c/o_06'
12-30-2004, 01:13 PM
lol....aTm will never own UT...theres about a 1:4 ratio when it comes to the aggies winning games. For everyone they win....theres about 4 years in a row that UT wins!:D

Bulldog_12
12-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Ahh yes, but, do you remember the early 90's and late 80's? The same thing was said, but it was the Aggies who were owning. Its just a shift of power. Maybe one day it will shift to us again.