PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pirate44

PhiI C
12-28-2004, 12:22 AM
What do you think of the chances of getting Texas or Texas A&M or other big time schools to come to play the Islandersat our great American Bank Center? We have a great place for them to play and if they came in October the weather might still be warm enough to enjoy a little time at the beach. It would be great to get someone to come instead of us always going over there all the time. Just a thought.

pirate44
12-28-2004, 08:45 AM
man, that would be great. i would think there is always a slight chance, but it sure didnt help the last tournament they had there a few weeks ago. it was poorly promoted and the turnout was pretty embarassing. the men's Oklahoma State game on Jan. 3rd will be a great game to see. im gonna work on my boss to try to get tickets. Im really hoping they can get more quality games at the new arena. and it may be a long shot, but i have my fingers crossed that they can get an NBA exhibition game here.

District303aPastPlayer
12-28-2004, 12:00 PM
i am going to the OSU game... :D

pirate44
12-28-2004, 12:17 PM
i hope they fill that place. i have a feeling the loss to alabama made allot of people reconsidering going. regardless, its going to be a big game and i think tamucc has a slight chance to pull off the upset. itll be interesting to see how the osu/gonzaga game goes.

District303aPastPlayer
12-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i hope they fill that place. i have a feeling the loss to alabama made allot of people reconsidering going. regardless, its going to be a big game and i think tamucc has a slight chance to pull off the upset. itll be interesting to see how the osu/gonzaga game goes.

Go Zags!