PDA

View Full Version : Another ugly Cowboy game

Jet1
12-26-2004, 07:28 PM
I do not see how they pulled this one out over the Redskins. It seems like every week I watch the Cowboys I say that was the most ugly game I have ever seen. Wonder what it is going to be like next week. I can only imagine

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-26-2004, 07:36 PM
who did they start as qb, testeverde or henson?

NSUTrumpet08
12-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I think Testaverde started this game. I know the Cowboys are far from being called America's Team but i'm just glad they got the win.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
I think Testaverde started this game. I know the Cowboys are far from being called America's Team but i'm just glad they got the win. well if they would get a good quarterback out of college, and train him to be a great qb, like troy aikmen was, then they would be alot better off.

setex
12-26-2004, 08:45 PM
It was as bad as ever I witnessed a Cowboy team.

The Redskins must be really weak to have the Cowboys
pull this one out. In Testa defense, the offensive line looked
like they were out numbered every play.

But, they won. I give them credit for not quitting.

Astrosdawg07
12-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Who should the Cowboys target in the draft?

crzyjournalist03
12-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07

Mike Williams -WR

Ranger Mom
12-27-2004, 12:20 AM
That was the first Dallas game that I watched from beginning to end in two years............I remembered why I quit watching them!

I thought the O-line looked terrible. Vinny struggles, but that line sure doesn't help him any!

JasperDog94
12-27-2004, 01:02 AM
That was painful to watch. 3 trips to the red zone and 3 interceptions. Just plain terrible...:(

District303aPastPlayer
12-27-2004, 01:09 PM

If he's available... Alex Smith or Timmy Chang... get someone who can throw the ball...

Keith7
12-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
If he's available... Alex Smith or Timmy Chang... get someone who can throw the ball...

Timmy Chang is a product of the system.. and also holds the NCAA record for most interceptions in a career, I doubt the cowboys would want that.. and As for Alex Smith, he is just a junior, and if/when he comes out, he will be critisized for a "weak" arm..

If the Cowboys are interested in a QB they will turn to Aaron Rodgers, He is the top QB in the draft this year but may not make it to the cowboys..

If the cowboys wanted to make the most of their draft, I think they would be best to take maybe a Derrick Johnson.. Depending on how Parcells feels about Henson, or Romo after this season; I think they might try to draft Defense, LB,CB, and SS (Darren woodson's old spot) would all be decent selections

Old Tiger
12-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Mike Williams -WR Matt Lienert(spelling)

shellman54
12-27-2004, 04:47 PM
the entire USC offense. 10 times better than dallas!

Holmes_Fans
12-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
the entire USC offense. 10 times better than dallas!
They wouldn't score any points against the worst defense in the NFL.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-27-2004, 05:20 PM
idk but they need to find someone, and do it quick!!

YBS
12-27-2004, 05:30 PM
I really think Dallas should take the only thing they have equity in(existing players) and use that to get a veteran QB. Someone w/ better decision making skills than Testaverde. I'd agree w/ what Keith7 said about DJ from Texas or a SS to replace Woodson.

Old Tiger
12-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Why would they want to spend money on a washed up veteran most likely when they could just draft a qb and look to the future.

Keith7
12-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Why would they want to spend money on a washed up veteran most likely when they could just draft a qb and look to the future.

The NFL draft is weak this year, esp. at the QB position..

Tackle75
12-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah the draft is weak this year in Qb. I think that is the only position holding them back on Offense.

They are quietly building a very good offense. A great Rb possibly, already a Great Tight End. A decent Line in parts, with 2 holes at R Tackke, and Guard.

The Wrs are good when healthy. But the Qb is so unsettled. Vinny should never have been the starter.

The defense is missing a CB, and a SS, and with those 2 pieces in place, the defense is just as good as they were last year.

CHSBaseball07
12-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Dallas is horrible....they think getting 40 year old players way out of their prime who were decent in their prime is goin to help.....Hey Parcells its called a draft.......and theres these things called College QB's ....GET ONE!

Holmes_Fans
12-27-2004, 11:14 PM
They should of have never release Quincy

NHSRattler60
12-28-2004, 01:23 AM
They Had to release Carter. It's team policy to release the the druggies. I know as stupid as this sounds....Dallas isn't that bad off. We could be where San Fran. is....2-13. We Have a better record than most of the league, the common record is 5-10. Were 6-9. Road games are killin us, and home games arent much help, but theres one more away game against The Giants. go boys.

Bandera YaYa
12-28-2004, 05:16 PM
I have NEVER been a Dallas Cowgirl fan...but at least I had respect for Tom Landry.....Parcells needs to retire, along with his QB !! I had to watch the game at my parents, and all I saw was some of the Dallas players dancing around after making a decent play (which wasn;t very often) like they had just won the Super Bowl !!...I wanted to yank them by the neck and say "Hey BOZO!! Don't think I'd be dancing around like that...cuz you ain't going NO WHERE this year, and you should be hanging your head in shame, instead of dancing around like a chicken !!" UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !! They looked soooooooooooooooo stupid doing that!! And that's why they are the big LOSERS...they play for themselves and not as a team!! Well, now they have plenty of time to dance around!! LOSERS!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Astrosdawg07
12-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Dallas is horrible....they think getting 40 year old players way out of their prime who were decent in their prime is goin to help.....Hey Parcells its called a draft.......and theres these things called College QB's ....GET ONE!

Hey we got rid of 1, Derren Woodson, even though he is only retiring.

Tackle75
12-29-2004, 01:11 AM
Yeah, But Woodson still had some game in him. He was the key to that defense being as good as it was last year.

Because He played the Strong Safety position so well, he allowed Roy Williams to creep up on the line of scrimmage and make tackles in the run, or to lay out a reciever .

But now that Woodson is gone, he has had to go into coverage way too much, and therefore exposing his weakness, though he is not nearly as bad at covering, as Was a certain CB, Mario Edwards last year.

Bull's-eye
12-29-2004, 02:02 AM
WR Mike Williams USC
The Cowboys don't have a speed threat at wide receiver. A player that can stretch the defenses and make the big plays. The injury to Terry Glenn has really hurt the Cowboy's passing game and their ability to throw deep. Dallas was one of the top passing teams earlier this season. Glenn had 400 yards receiving in only 6 games. His average of 16.7 yards per catch leads the team. Also the trading of Antonio Bryant got rid of their next leading receiver. Keyshawn Johnson is a possesion type receiver, but doesn't have the speed to keep pressure on opposing teams. Troy Aikman said that the Dallas QB's would have more success if they had a big time receiver, one who could constantly get open. The Cowboys haven't had that type of receiver since Michael Irvin. I can see the huge differences that Randy Moss or Terrell Owens makes for their teams. When these guys are hurt, their teams really suffer.

Ranger Mom
12-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I have NEVER been a Dallas Cowgirl fan...but at least I had respect for Tom Landry.....Parcells needs to retire, along with his QB !! I had to watch the game at my parents, and all I saw was some of the Dallas players dancing around after making a decent play (which wasn;t very often) like they had just won the Super Bowl !!...I wanted to yank them by the neck and say "Hey BOZO!! Don't think I'd be dancing around like that...cuz you ain't going NO WHERE this year, and you should be hanging your head in shame, instead of dancing around like a chicken !!" UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !! They looked soooooooooooooooo stupid doing that!! And that's why they are the big LOSERS...they play for themselves and not as a team!! Well, now they have plenty of time to dance around!! LOSERS!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tell us how you REALLY feel!!:D

YBS
12-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa

I rather like to see emotion out of a team when it's mathematically over; it shows they haven't given up. Besides, I don't think a coach, fellow player, or fan ever wants to see someone wearing their team colors w/ their heads down. Granted the Cowboys WERE pathetic this year, as a man you should never hold your head in defeat, and celebrate the chances in the game you DO have b/c you know they're few and far between on a bad team. You have to stay motivated and fired up and go out there and compete.

YBS
12-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
WR Mike Williams USC
The Cowboys don't have a speed threat at wide receiver. A player that can stretch the defenses and make the big plays. The injury to Terry Glenn has really hurt the Cowboy's passing game and their ability to throw deep. Dallas was one of the top passing teams earlier this season. Glenn had 400 yards receiving in only 6 games. His average of 16.7 yards per catch leads the team. Also the trading of Antonio Bryant got rid of their next leading receiver. Keyshawn Johnson is a possesion type receiver, but doesn't have the speed to keep pressure on opposing teams. Troy Aikman said that the Dallas QB's would have more success if they had a big time receiver, one who could constantly get open. The Cowboys haven't had that type of receiver since Michael Irvin. I can see the huge differences that Randy Moss or Terrell Owens makes for their teams. When these guys are hurt, their teams really suffer.

Two questions:

1) Is Mike Williams that fast? I know he's not slow, but from what I've seen I don't think he was an Randle-El or even a Hines Ward type.

2) Who's gonna throw him the football if Dallas does draft him? :thinking:

Bull's-eye
12-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Mike Williams is not the fastest receiver (4.5), but neither was Michael Irvin. Williams does have the great ability to get open (he's 6'5") and should be an easier target for Dallas's QB. He could drop some in the draft since he has been sitting out. Most experts have him the #1 rated receiver. Braylon Edwards and Mark Clayton are other possibilities. Wide receiver is the one position that could make the biggest impact for the Cowboy's offense. Remember, their 2 projected starters for next year are 33 and 30 years old. I have watched every game and have noticed their current receivers aren't getting open. The loss of Glenn was devastating to their passing game
Parcells will not draft a QB, but will do his best to find a veteran via free agency. He wants to win now and doesn't plan to stay for the long haul. Drew Brees or Drew Bledsoe have been mentioned as possible canidates.

YBS
12-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Mike Williams is not the fastest receiver (4.5), but neither was Michael Irvin. Williams does have the great ability to get open (he's 6'5") and should be an easier target for Dallas's QB. He could drop some in the draft since he has been sitting out. Most experts have him the #1 rated receiver. Braylon Edwards and Mark Clayton are other possibilities. Wide receiver is the one position that could make the biggest impact for the Cowboy's offense. Remember, their 2 projected starters for next year are 33 and 30 years old. I have watched every game and have noticed their current receivers aren't getting open. The loss of Glenn was devastating to their passing game
Parcells will not draft a QB, but will do his best to find a veteran via free agency. He wants to win now and doesn't plan to stay for the long haul. Drew Brees or Drew Bledsoe have been mentioned as possible canidates.

Bull's Eye, I agree w/ you esp. about Braylon Edwards. He's not a burner, but has been one of my favs at wideout since he started at Michigan. I do believe that to get another WR w/ Vinny starting next year would be another reason for Vinny to throw more interceptions. If Vinny doesn't start and Henson or Romo does then that rookie WR probably won't get a lotta passes thrown his way. I still say we have other areas to firm up b4 a wideout. Plus, I think Copper is going to be an awesome 4th receiver next year, and will save us having to draft a wideout next spring.