PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Greetings from Qatar!!

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 03:01 AM
Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

bccards
12-25-2004, 03:26 AM
Pleasure Island is getting hammered by the huge snow storm! I'll post pics for you later. Everything was solid white! I'd say around 5" of snow has fallin there in a short period of time.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by bccards
Pleasure Island is getting hammered by the huge snow storm! I'll post pics for you later. Everything was solid white! I'd say around 5" of snow has fallin there in a short period of time.

Merry Christmas to you too! Are you serious!!?? WOW! I saw the radar loop and man, they had snow all the way in the Gulf!! is MLK bridge frozen over??

sinton66
12-25-2004, 08:39 AM
They closed the high bridge going into Corpus from Portland last night. Cars were having to back down the approach because they couldn't get all the way up.

bccards
12-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
Are you serious!!?? WOW! I saw the radar loop and man, they had snow all the way in the Gulf!! is MLK bridge frozen over??

Yep! it was solid white! TXDOT didn't sand it down at all, I think they probably woke up in a suprise, lol.. I took video of it, but didn't have my digital camera with me. I'll take some screen shots of the video and post here for you this evening. Truely was a White Christmas in Pleasure Island! As a matter of fact, radar shows snow only about 25-50 miles offshore still. We missed it here by only about 75 miles total. It was exciting though. @ Walter Umphrey park, it was just coming down in droves, looked like a blizzard. Couldn't drive more than 10 mph b/c you couldn't see the road (everything was solidl white).

gobbler grad
12-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
They closed the high bridge going into Corpus from Portland last night. Cars were having to back down the approach because they couldn't get all the way up.

that would be a scary feeling...my wife hates going over that bridge...couldn't imagine having to back down and maybe sliding into something...:hairpunk:

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by bccards
Yep! it was solid white! TXDOT didn't sand it down at all, I think they probably woke up in a suprise, lol.. I took video of it, but didn't have my digital camera with me. I'll take some screen shots of the video and post here for you this evening. Truely was a White Christmas in Pleasure Island! As a matter of fact, radar shows snow only about 25-50 miles offshore still. We missed it here by only about 75 miles total. It was exciting though. @ Walter Umphrey park, it was just coming down in droves, looked like a blizzard. Couldn't drive more than 10 mph b/c you couldn't see the road (everything was solidl white). WHOA!! Hey send the pics to keenanwatson2001@yahoo.com or keenan.watson@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil for me if you get the time b4 January 7th.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-25-2004, 11:45 AM
hey port town, hope you have a good one over there. take care, and enjoy, you have a good deployment location. God Bless bro.

Astrosdawg07
12-25-2004, 12:44 PM

Please wish all your fellow members a Merry Christmas for me. If it wasn't for them I dont know if we could enjoy a christmas with out wondering about our Safety. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND OUR PRESIDENT!!!!

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
hey port town, hope you have a good one over there. take care, and enjoy, you have a good deployment location. God Bless bro. yeah this is a vacation compared to Iraq and other places in the middle east.

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Please wish all your fellow members a Merry Christmas for me. If it wasn't for them I dont know if we could enjoy a christmas with out wondering about our Safety. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND OUR PRESIDENT!!!! Thanks. I sure will man. stay safe and enjoy the snowfall while it last.:)

Old No. 7
12-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks Port.
Merry Christmas to all from Call! :D

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 02:23 PM
WHOA!! Hey send the pics to keenanwatson2001@yahoo.com or keenan.watson@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil for me if you get the time b4 January 7th. also post them here please. thanks bccards!

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-25-2004, 02:41 PM
yeah this is a vacation compared to Iraq and other places in the middle east. yea, thats why we get to go there for R&R pass...do you guys still get all the deployment pay increases, like hazardous duty pay, save pay, and no taxes or what?

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 08:42 PM
yea, thats why we get to go there for R&R pass...do you guys still get all the deployment pay increases, like hazardous duty pay, save pay, and no taxes or what? yep. :clap: :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-25-2004, 08:48 PM
for what? i mean i know its hard to be away from home, family and friends, but thats almost more of a vacation than hawaii. oh well, im happy for you guys, atleast someone is getting treated decently. enjoy your 16 oz beers:D drink a few for me too.

Port_town_texas
12-25-2004, 08:52 PM
for what? i mean i know its hard to be away from home, family and friends, but thats almost more of a vacation than hawaii. oh well, im happy for you guys, atleast someone is getting treated decently. enjoy your 16 oz beers:D drink a few for me too. LOL! aight man. gotta go to work now it's 5 in the morning here now.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-25-2004, 09:12 PM
y'all work on zulu or local? its a little after 2z here. anyway, have fun at work

Raider Nurse
12-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!