PDA

View Full Version : I have come to the conclusion

TheDOCTORdre
12-24-2004, 06:37 PM
That snow can make even the most boring town fun, and last minute Christmas shopping is a preview of what the world will be like in the last days. Has anyone else drawn any other conclusions form these past few day?

rockdale80
12-24-2004, 06:44 PM
I was looking for a particular size and style of shirt while another older lady(55-60) was looking at the same rack opposite me. I started circling and found the shirt and size I was looking for when she snatches it out of my hand because it was the same one she was looking for. Talk about Holiday spirit. I let her keep it and eventually found another one, but I guess my conclusion is no matter what time of year it is some people are just downright mean.

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2004, 07:36 PM
After the last week & a half of trying to cram shopping in post-playoffs, I concluded that next year I will do my shopping on Halloween.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
After the last week & a half of trying to cram shopping in post-playoffs, I concluded that next year I will do my shopping on Halloween. during the season?!?!?! are you nuts? you should have it done promptly before the fourth of july or even flag day. there is the perfect amount of time in between graduation and getting fireworks to blow stuff up!!!:D

PhiI C
12-24-2004, 08:03 PM
The only I have seen "real" snow was in Freer in January 1967. It had snowed that even a coach that was from North Texas and he saw snow every year was astonished! It was great fun for two days but when it started to melt the third day we were ready for it to go away. :)

LHMom
12-26-2004, 01:49 PM
After the last week & a half of trying to cram shopping in post-playoffs, I concluded that next year I will do my shopping on Halloween.

LHPM - Please remind me of this next year!

Old Green
12-26-2004, 09:03 PM
After the last week & a half of trying to cram shopping in post-playoffs, I concluded that next year I will do my shopping on Halloween. I'll start my Christmas shopping next Month. I'll buy one or two gifts a month for the rest of the year. By the time Christmas gets here I don't have to worry about it.:)

PhiI C
12-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I'll start my Christmas shopping next Month. I'll buy one or two gifts a month for the rest of the year. By the time Christmas gets here I don't have to worry about it.:)

That is wise Old Green. My late Mother in Law did the same thing. She always brought practical gifts like clothes. She always knew what size the grandkids would wear by Christmas too. No one ever had to exchange her gifts.