PDA

View Full Version : Top Basketball Prospects

Bullaholic
12-23-2004, 12:24 PM
O.k. roundballers, I'm not too deep in basketball knowledge, but who are some of the top high school basketball prospects this year. I think it was Kilgore's or Dallas Lincoln's QB who was supposed to be one of the top basketball prospects in the nation.

BullFrog Dad
12-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k. roundballers, I'm not too deep in basketball knowledge, but who are some of the top high school basketball prospects this year. I think it was Kilgore's or Dallas Lincoln's QB who was supposed to be one of the top basketball prospects in the nation. He's from Lincoln and his name is Byron Eaton. They had to beg him to play football this season as he wanted to concentrate on BB. I always enjoy keeping up with Brock's Girls team because they usually whoop up on a couple of 5A teams!

Bullaholic
12-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
He's from Lincoln and his name is Byron Eaton. They had to beg him to play football this season as he wanted to concentrate on BB. I always enjoy keeping up with Brock's Girls team because they usually whoop up on a couple of 5A teams!

Krum is always a BB power in our neighborhood, BF Dad. They usually whoop up on a lot of the big schools, also. Peaster and Slidell usually field excellent BB teams, also. Decatur always seems to have decent BB teams---especially the girls. Boyd has excellent girls BB teams. Bridgeport girls teams seem to be coming along better each year, although we are not considered one of the traditional BB powers yet.

VWG
12-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Ponder and Peaster are both strong this year. I believe Ponder is #1 in 2A right now in one poll.
I've also heard rumblings that Ponder will be adding football by 2007???

Jet1
12-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Guys, Bullaholic is asking for Basketball prospects as in players not just teams

Bullaholic
12-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Teams are o.k. too, Jet....I just don't think we've got the basketball "oil" heated up enough for our BB Downlowers yet. They've been way too silent or missing on the subject of BB.

JR2004
12-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Eaton has now said that he would like to play football at Oklahoma State as well starting during his sophomore season. It wasn't so much that the kid didn't want to play football in my opinion. Coach Samples has a rule that if you don't participate in spring football then you don't get to play in the fall. Eaton was on a traveling AAU team and didn't have the time for football. Coach Samples relented and they worked things out and I'm sure that everyone at Lincoln is glad that Eaton played football this year, that's for sure.