PDA

View Full Version : Are the Miami Dolphins better than New England?

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Do you think Miami is a stronger team than New England?

Why?

Holmes_Fans
12-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Brady fears the dolphins

LST_Terry
12-22-2004, 07:29 PM
hmm 3-11 compared to 12-2

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Miami proved to everyone Monday night that they were the stronger team...Right?

JasperDog94
12-22-2004, 07:37 PM
We all know what your getting at...so yes, Miami was the better team Monday night.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 07:40 PM
But is it your contention that Miami is a stronger team than New England because of Monday's score?

I mean, if you were to say that New England is still a much stronger team, would that make you an idiot?

Inquiring minds...well My mind...wants to know.:)

Ktulu345
12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
Miami playing their best game wouldn't hold a candle to the Patriots playing their best game, so no.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 07:44 PM
But NE was winning decisively until Brady threw a couple of interceptions right?

Are you saying that Miami got lucky?

Ktulu345
12-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Not at all, I'm saying the Pats got lazy.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
Not at all, I'm saying the Pats got lazy.

OK, thanks for your opinion. I hope to hear some more.

Rabbit'93
12-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Miami was better than New England on Monday night.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Miami was better than New England on Monday night.

That is not the question.

spiveyrat
12-22-2004, 08:15 PM
stir stir stir

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
stir stir stir

What?

It's a legitimate question.

Why not give us your opinion spivey?

You sure don't seem to mind giving it when the talk is about me.:)

NHSRattler60
12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Any one can win on any given night on any given level. Miami is still a losing team with a losing season, the Pats just took em way too lightly and the Dolphins proved that when you have your nose in the air its more likely to get hit.

But Miami better than the Patriots? No. Miami got frustrated and forced turnovers on an slightly egotistical team. This will keep the Patriots honest by toning the ego down a bit.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-22-2004, 08:56 PM
i have to disagree that miami is a stronger team, i think they wanted to win more than new england. my best guess is that new england was having an off night.

Leopards,class of 75
12-22-2004, 08:57 PM
I would pick N.E. over Miami 8 out of 10 times. Miami had a good game on Monday night, but Tom Brady had an aweful night with 4 I.N.T.s which is not the normal for him.

Bullaholic
12-22-2004, 09:19 PM
I think Miami was playing for what little pride that they can recover after the Ricky Williams debacle and firing their head coach. Beating the World Champions on MNF before a huge national tv audience was their "Super Bowl" this year. That coupled by a less than motivated NE team, with Brady having an off night, and you had the perfect upset scenario. To answer the question----no, I do not believe the Miami Dolphins are a better team than the NE Patriots, and I believe that NE is the far superior team as far as coaching and game preparation are concerned, but not necessarily in athletic talent, and those areas of superiority give NE the edge in winning a high pecentage of their games.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 09:22 PM
So, It is your opinion that NE is the superior team, and would probably win most of the contests between the two teams? Even though Miami "proved" they were not a weaker team Monday?

***Laced with my best sarcasm***
And I thought you knew something about football.:eek: You have lost all credibility with me.:p

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 09:23 PM
:eek:

Bullaholic
12-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
So, It is your opinion that NE is the superior team, and would probably win most of the contests between the two teams? Even though Miami "proved" they were not a weaker team Monday?

***Laced with my best sarcasm***
And I thought you knew something about football.:eek: You have lost all credibility with me.:p

PPHSFan, this can be said of you--"It is better to have loved and lost, rather than never to have loved at all."

****** Ditto **********

To PPHSfan. I don't want to be involved with you in anything.:tongue:

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 09:53 PM
LOL

gobbler grad
12-22-2004, 09:54 PM
But NE was winning decisively until Brady threw a couple of interceptions right?

Are you saying that Miami got lucky?

if Brady doesn't throw those interceptions, the dolphins don't win...i would say miami had a little luck on there side

Hupernikomen
12-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Do you think Miami is a stronger team than New England?

Why?

If all you had to base your judgement on was one game that you had witnessed each team play and had stats and scores of their other games but no common opponents then it would be hard to say that NE was 27 points better than Miami.

I think Miami shows all of us that being 27 point better than someone is not an easy thing to do. No doubt NE is the better team..I doubt the line was 27 points, that is a lot in football. You disrespected our program with such a claim and I believe we proved you wrong..but I think we all know that Jasper did nothing to change your mind...I for one intend to move on and enjoy a nice downlow offseason..wish everyone else would do the same.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
if Brady doesn't throw those interceptions, the dolphins don't win...i would say miami had a little luck on there side

So who is the dominate team?

In your opinion of course.:)

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Who said anything about 27 points?

Hupernikomen
12-22-2004, 10:00 PM
you did...we all know what you are getting at here. :rolleyes:

Hupernikomen
12-22-2004, 10:01 PM
feel free to come hash this out in the chat room :) or we could just boost our post totals here :D

gobbler grad
12-22-2004, 10:02 PM
new england is the dominate team, of course

maybe if ricky w. stayed around, miami may be contenders too...

Holmes_Fans
12-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
If the pats kicker stunk, they wouldn't have two super bowls

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
you did...we all know what you are getting at here. :rolleyes:

I don't think you do. I am not trying to prove that one team was better than another team, that is my opinion.

What I am trying to prove is that just because I have an educated opinion, does not mean that I am crazy.

Somebody said on another thread that I didn't have any credibility because I feel that one team is superior to another (my pick won by the way), yet everyone seems to think that it is ok for most to believe that NE is superior to Miami (and they lost).

So one team is leading another team by 3 touchdowns, and then they throw 3 interceptions and only win by 2 points, so they can no longer be considered the dominate team.

But another team is leading by 11 points, they throw two more interceptions and lose the game, but they can still be the dominate team?

hmmmmm

Guess I am crazy.

Hupernikomen
12-22-2004, 10:11 PM
I don't think you do. I am not trying to prove that one team was better than another team, that is my opinion.

What I am trying to prove is that just because I have an educated opinion, does not mean that I am crazy.

Somebody said on another thread that I didn't have any credibility because I feel that one team is superior to another (my pick won by the way), yet everyone seems to think that it is ok for most to believe that NE is superior to Miami (and they lost).

So one team is leading another team by 3 touchdowns, and then they throw 3 interceptions and only win by 2 points, so they can no longer be considered the dominate team.

But another team is leading by 11 points, they throw two more interceptions and lose the game, but they can still be the dominate team?

hmmmmm

Guess I am crazy.

Unfortuanately every play of every game counts..I am sure if you subtracted the mistakes made by Jasper (isn't that what those interceptions were just mistakes and not good plays by Jasper..we don't want to give them credit you know) then it wouldn't have been anywhere near the 27 point margin you predicted even without the Gilmer mistakes..

Give us the ball on the two yard line again on 2nd down without the penalty and 95% chance we get in with 3 tries..take away the mistake that they walked into the endzone for a TD and that is a 14 point swing..take away the 3 INTs..they is no guarntee that they score on all those drives it still doesn't add up to 27 points..I have no problem with you thinking Jasper is 4 TD worse than Gilmer (we both have the right to be wrong as I mention elsewhere) but I think you are grossly underestimating my team..that is my opinion.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 10:15 PM
You are just changing the subject and spirit of this thread.

This is a comparison of two games. Not a comparison of two teams.

Stick to the subject at hand.:)

And tell me please.

Why is it ok for NE to be the superior team?

Hupernikomen
12-22-2004, 10:23 PM
They weren't superior in their last game..on any given day any team can beat another...on the day you saw our two teams I would agree with you that Gilmer had the dominant showing, but that doesn't make them a 4 TD favorite based on watching one game...now to your topic of NE and Miami, NE is superior because they have the most talent and have shown to be better in recent games.
There are plenty of common opponents and scores to compare NE and Miami against each other as well.