PDA

View Full Version : What is going on here?!

Phil C
12-22-2004, 05:35 PM
I just found out that the average salary for an NBA player is $2,600,000 while the average salary for a WNBA player is $58,000. :eek: Why this unfair discrepency? Do you realize that the average NBA player makes almost 44 times as much as the average WNBA player?! Of course the good thing is that the WNBA prospects will be encouraged to play through their senior year in college and get their education but still that is a hugh unexceptable difference. Of course $58,000 a year isn't bad but still it is an unfair difference between the two and should not be tolerated. :mad:

VWG
12-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Ummm..... excuse me but the market will reflect the salaries.
Take a look at the revenues for the NBA compared to the WNBA.
If the league as a whole would make more money via marketing, ticket sales, etc... then the players would get paid more.
Until then... they better take what they can get.

TXMike
12-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Ditto that..long live free enterprise. If people want to see that lower level stuff, i.e. gal's basketball, any soccer, etc, they will pay for it. And when they pay for it, the "entertainers" can receive their "due."

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-22-2004, 05:50 PM
id like to know whats going on here even more

NSUTrumpet08
12-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02

What the...??? :confused: Holy crap!

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-22-2004, 05:55 PM
i know, wierd stuff, even harder to comprehend...

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 06:50 PM
$58,000 ?

Ha, I always knew I made more than some professional basketball players. :D

pirate44
12-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
what the heck is wrong with you. try putting a warning on posts like that.

pirate44
12-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I just found out that the average salary for an NBA player is $2,600,000 while the average salary for a WNBA player is $58,000. :eek: Why this unfair discrepency? Do you realize that the average NBA player makes almost 44 times as much as the average WNBA player?! Of course the good thing is that the WNBA prospects will be encouraged to play through their senior year in college and get their education but still that is a hugh unexceptable difference. Of course $58,000 a year isn't bad but still it is an unfair difference between the two and should not be tolerated. :mad:
my guess is the salary is pretty generous. I would bet that the NBA makes WAY more than 44 times as much money as the wnba. they should feel lucky to get that much.

3afan
12-23-2004, 09:43 AM
they should be happy there even IS a league in the USA & that they dont have to go overseas ....

shankbear
12-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Think about how many NBA players get fined every year. Their total fines would probably make up the total payroll of the WNBA.

The gals don't put the butts in the bleachers. Plain old Eco 101.

Cameronbystander
12-23-2004, 10:22 AM
What a stupid question.
1) The women don't have the number of tatoos that the men have.
2) The women don't have as large a following because they don't have as many girlfriends as the men have; ie - Wilt, Kobe, Magic.
3) The women don't play as physical a game as the men; ie - the recent Piston - Pacer game.
4) The women aren't as good at taking five steps without dribbling as the men and then duncking the ball.

My suggestions:
1) Get a 300 pound center and have advertising space rented on her using tatoos.
2) Have the players wear Hooters uniforms and get their boyfriends to sit courtside to yell for them.
3) Have the women go into the stands an get physical with the fans, especially the men (or maybe a cat fight or two).
4) Teach these women some real pro skills. Dribbling is over rated. You have to be able to run with the ball and look like you may dribble.