PDA

View Full Version : NY Yankess are Mad!

Phil C
12-22-2004, 05:00 PM
The deal that they thought was going to get them Randy Johnson feel through because the Dodgers backed out. They are upset with the deal falling through. What a Shame! :D

Bullaholic
12-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The deal that they thought was going to get them Randy Johnson feel through because the Dodgers backed out. They are upset with the deal falling through. What a Shame! :D

Boy, I sure hate it when things don't go well for a really nice guy like George Steinbrenner, Phil C.

ej2525
12-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Now... I hope signing Carlos Beltran falls through on top of this for the Yanks!!

injuredinmelee
12-22-2004, 05:18 PM
I love to see the yanks mad. If Beltran signs witht hem im gonna pukle. I wish Hicks or MCLane would get off their wallets and pay this kid. Right now he and his agent are dumb @$$es and are just asking for contracts that we will never see again after the arod debacle.

JasperDog94
12-22-2004, 07:23 PM
If it comes down to money, wish Beltran luck in NY because we can't pay him as much as they can.:( :( :mad:

PhiI C
12-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If it comes down to money, wish Beltran luck in NY because we can't pay him as much as they can.:( :( :mad:

I'm afriad Beltran is gone. Yankees usually get the best players which will be the case until a salary cap is installed. Those guys get paid enough anyway.

gobbler grad
12-22-2004, 09:58 PM
really hate to see him leave houston...he is a great asset...they just can't pay him for what he wants...wish he would go anywhere but new york...i hate them yankees...oh well!!!

JasperDog94
12-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
...they just can't pay him for what he wants... Or what his agent wants.:mad:

ej2525
12-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I'm afriad Beltran is gone. Yankees usually get the best players which will be the case until a salary cap is installed. Those guys get paid enough anyway.

I really wish MLB would institute a salary cap to keep the "Major Market" teams (NY, Atlanta, Chicago) from dominating the "Smaller Market" teams (Milwaukee, KC, Houston - sort of) because they have more revenue to dish out to the bigger free agent stars. I agree Phil... those guys get paid enough anyway. Who do you think pays their salaries anyway? You & I if you attend any games. And without any sort of cap the ticket prices are going to continue to go up. Enjoy that $6.50 hot dog & $5.00 Coke the next time your at a game too!!