PDA

View Full Version : Where will Derrick Williams Go?

Phil C
12-22-2004, 04:09 PM
It should be answered on ESPN at 3:30 today the last I heard so hopefully someone is home and can let us know. He is the Nation's No. 1 High School football recruit and he is supposed to be making his verbal decision today. The top five contenders are Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State and Florida. Unless the new Florida coach has won him over that is the least favored because they had supposedly told him the other Florida coach would be there and he feels that since they fired him that they were not honest with him. We will see what he decides. It may even turn out to be a surprise school at the last minute.

lobo12
12-22-2004, 04:11 PM
i saw on espn that the player who won the high school heisman or something like that is a qb and hes not even playing football he is playing basketball at duke...is this who your talking about???

Macarthur
12-22-2004, 04:23 PM
penn st

Astrosdawg07
12-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
penn st

I don't see why anyone would wanna go to Penn State, Paterno is a 100 years old :eek: , they haven't had a winning season in a while.

Holmes_Fans
12-22-2004, 04:40 PM
He knows he will be the star

3afan
12-22-2004, 04:42 PM
maybe he's more concerned with is EDUCATION !!!!!

ha ha ha - ho ho ho - he he he (slap knee)

Phil C
12-22-2004, 04:55 PM
It is Penn State. Good one 3a lol! Actually if he didn't pick Texas Penn State is the school I was hoping he would choose for the reason Astro pointed out in that Penn State is not a power house now. Probably as soon as he can he will enter the NFL draft is what I am thinking even though it would have been nice to have had him at Texas for three years but at least he isn't at Oklahoma! :) I don't think he will be on a national championship contender at Penn State during his college career. His decision today isn't binding but I hope his word is good and he signs with Penn State on National Signing day. I would have been estatic if he had chosen Texas but I am still delighted with his choice between the other four contenders.

Astrosdawg07
12-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
He knows he will be the star

True, Selfish :foul:

3afan
12-22-2004, 04:58 PM
love Penn Stats's uniforms ...

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
but at least he isn't at Oklahoma! AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!:clap:

Phil C
12-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Like I said he has made his decision and I hope he keeps his word and goes to Penn State. Pack your bags soon (at least in the summer) Derrick and head for the mountains and snow. :D