PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger to Play in Stamfod in first round?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2003, 01:35 PM
I heard that Ballinger has agreed to play the district 5 seed who ever it may be in Stamford. That stadium is not real big so the stands will be full if this is that is the case, which wouldn't be all that bad! That would seem about half way looking at a map.

vet93
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
I have heard the same thing unless Childress somehow sneaks into the playoffs with an upset in which case it would be in Sweetwater. This seems like a very small stadium for a 3A playoff game. I wonder why Abilene or Sweetwater was not chosen? I can't see why that Coach Owens would not want to play in either one of those stadiums. Maybe the 5-3a coaches didn't want to play Ballinger in stadiums that they won in last year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2003, 02:55 PM
From what I understand if Vernon goes in as the #1 and Brady goes in #2 the venue would be Shotwell on Saturday if the bigger Abilene schools don't bump them. That is the munkey wrench. I heard that Weatherford could be an alternative. Vernon played Wylie there two years ago and it was a nice grass field with big stands.

There still is a chance that Ballinger can play Vernon if IP losses against Graham and Childress beats Vernon by more than 4 then Vernon would go in as #2 and Childress as #1. I know the Vernon Coach doesn't want to play in Sweetwater for what ever reason and would play Ballinger in Stamford. So from what it looks like Ballinger will play either Iowa Park or Vernon in Stamford.

Now if IP beats Graham, I don't think they will, but it may be a close game and Vernon beats Childress then IP will be the #1 seed and Vernon the #2.

The only way Vernon doesn't make it is if they lose to Childress and IP beats Graham.

CatWoman
11-05-2003, 03:05 PM
vet93:
I have heard the same thing unless Childress somehow sneaks into the playoffs with an upset in which case it would be in Sweetwater. This seems like a very small stadium for a 3A playoff game. I wonder why Abilene or Sweetwater was not chosen? I can't see why that Coach Owens would not want to play in either one of those stadiums. Maybe the 5-3a coaches didn't want to play Ballinger in stadiums that they won in last year.I sure was hoping for Shotwell. Maybe it is just a rumor about Stamford. Is the source reliable??

vet93
11-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Everything that you have heard is from reliable sources.

CatWoman:

vet93:
I have heard the same thing unless Childress somehow sneaks into the playoffs with an upset in which case it would be in Sweetwater. This seems like a very small stadium for a 3A playoff game. I wonder why Abilene or Sweetwater was not chosen? I can't see why that Coach Owens would not want to play in either one of those stadiums. Maybe the 5-3a coaches didn't want to play Ballinger in stadiums that they won in last year.I sure was hoping for Shotwell. Maybe it is just a rumor about Stamford. Is the source reliable??

CatWoman
11-05-2003, 03:44 PM
vet93:
Everything that you have heard is from reliable sources.

CatWoman:

vet93:
I have heard the same thing unless Childress somehow sneaks into the playoffs with an upset in which case it would be in Sweetwater. This seems like a very small stadium for a 3A playoff game. I wonder why Abilene or Sweetwater was not chosen? I can't see why that Coach Owens would not want to play in either one of those stadiums. Maybe the 5-3a coaches didn't want to play Ballinger in stadiums that they won in last year.I sure was hoping for Shotwell. Maybe it is just a rumor about Stamford. Is the source reliable??Ok, thanks.

vet93
11-05-2003, 03:57 PM
z-motion...I think that the small school seedings are locked up with Brady at #2 (unless they have a melt down against Early) and Ballinger at #1. The maximum district losses that Ballinger could have would be 1 (to Wylie). Brady has already lost twice (ballinger and Wylie). Is there any way that childress would be the #2 small school?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-05-2003, 05:06 PM
From what I understand, there is a slim chance. If IP beats Graham and Childress beats Vernon then IP would go #1 and Childress #2. Or if Graham beats IP and Childress beats Vernon between 2-4 points then IP goes #1 and Childress goes #2. The problem with that one is that if Childress beats Vernon by more than 4 then Vernon and Childress go. It goes by points and then head to head. See the Vernon coaches would not let that happen they would let Childress score more than 4. You may remember like that time on TV when the one team let the disabled football player run wide open for the score.

I think it will shake out like it should with Graham winning and Vernon winning sending IP to play Ballinger.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

VWG
11-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Stamford???
Now that doesn't make any sense. I would think you could play in Breckenridge, Graham, or anywhere else that would have a bigger, nicer facility than Stamford.

wildstangs
11-05-2003, 11:42 PM
That sucks. I was hoping Ballinger would be in Sweetwater or Abilene. Stamford still isnt too far, but I dont think their facilities are that great.