View Full Version : 3A DL Player of The Year

TheDOCTORdre
12-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Sorry for the delay on the awards but stuff happens
The nominees for player of the year are
Tiger_WR, La Grange, SoulTaker_IP, Big Blue DE, Holmes_fan

CRHSeagle
12-21-2004, 09:58 PM
I vote for me since i didnt get a nomination.

Adidas410s
12-21-2004, 10:39 PM
since the season is now over...can we get some stats and/or identities on these players so we can make a more accurate decision? This is of course if they want to "reveal themselves..."

3afan
12-21-2004, 11:00 PM
i think the criteria is how/what they posted ..... not stats

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i think the criteria is how/what they posted ..... not stats

I'm confused then. :( :confused:

SintonFan
12-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm confused then. :( :confused:
I miss 3afan2K3. He was a good fellow. I nominate him...

NHSRattler60
12-22-2004, 12:38 AM
... Are these players like in the games and stuff? or like posts?

NHSRattler60
12-22-2004, 01:51 AM
I vote for me. Senior year, Honorable mention all district and never missed a start at center even with a knee injury.

not really, i never vote for myself, just kinda disappointed i wasnt put up for nomination even. Ah well uh......who should I vote for?

HornetMom
12-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
I vote for me. Senior year, Honorable mention all district and never missed a start at center even with a knee injury.

not really, i never vote for myself, just kinda disappointed i wasnt put up for nomination even. Ah well uh......who should I vote for? You have my vote. As a poster and a player.

44INAROW
12-22-2004, 10:04 AM
I am confused.. are we voting on how the posted or performed on the field... If it's on the field.. the DHFM gets my vote.

Ranger Mom
12-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am confused.. are we voting on how the posted or performed on the field... If it's on the field.. the DHFM gets my vote.

I believe it's based on how they posted!

Old Tiger
12-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Dang't I'm not going to win then :(:p

44INAROW
12-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I believe it's based on how they posted!

thanks.. then I voted right :)

NHSRattler60
12-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Soul Taker told me it was on the feild? Which is it? Cause if posting is the case then I understand why I'm not up there because i had myself rommed so i could concentrate better.

(FYI for all the players: It helped alot, I got alot better.)

Ranger Mom
12-22-2004, 04:41 PM
We will have to ask Dr. Dre, it's his poll.

I just assumed it was by what/how they posted. We have no way of knowing all the stats, etc. to form a vote.

3afan
12-22-2004, 04:44 PM
how can we possibly determine how each player did on the field - have them post their OWN stats ? they're kids - they'll lie like big dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AP Panther Fan
12-22-2004, 04:44 PM
One of the nicest things done for me (not that I have taken him up on the offer yet) was when Holmes_Fans offered to create a signature for me on the D'low.

I appreciated his kindness and therefore, he has my vote.:thumbsup:

NHSRattler60
12-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
You have my vote. As a poster and a player.

Thanks Hornet Mom. Ah well no hard feelings about it, It just seems like everyone who played should have been nominated.

What are the criteria for player of the year? Do you have to be skills people? 2 round playoff team? Or is everyone just confused out of their mind and is it posting, but we already voted for poster of the year didnt we?

I think its descimination against linemen! Just because Im a Center and not a reciever or a running back! lol j/k.

Ranger Mom
12-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Holmes got my vote also.

Although he sometimes wants to make me pull my hair out by the roots...he has probably helped me more than anyone when I get into a "computer situation"!!:D

Holmes_Fans
12-22-2004, 04:49 PM
I like to help the elderly.

AP Panther Fan
12-22-2004, 04:51 PM
We take back every nice thing we EVER said about you!:D

3afan
12-22-2004, 04:51 PM
too bad you cant take that vote back RM

3afan
12-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks Hornet Mom. Ah well no hard feelings about it, It just seems like everyone who played should have been nominated.

What are the criteria for player of the year? Do you have to be skills people? 2 round playoff team? Or is everyone just confused out of their mind and is it posting, but we already voted for poster of the year didnt we?

I think its descimination against linemen! Just because Im a Center and not a reciever or a running back! lol j/k.

criteria! we don't need no stinkin' criteria!

(phil will appreciate that ...)

Ranger Mom
12-22-2004, 04:53 PM
too bad you cant take that vote back RM

:clap: Oh, but I CAN!!!:clap:

AP Panther Fan
12-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:clap: Oh, but I CAN!!!:clap:

Ha ha....I bet she can even un-do mine!:p

Ranger Mom
12-22-2004, 04:55 PM

Someone from the board had to nominate you. Dr. Dre posted the 5 top votes he received, you may have been nominated!

I didn't nominate for anyone in any of the polls and this is the second one I have voted in. I voted for LH Panther Mom for most spirited poster. Other than those 2, I haven't voted!

Holmes_Fans
12-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Ha ha....I bet she can even un-do mine!:p
o bet she can, but she WONT. Or she will suffer the wrath of Holmes_Fans:devil: :devil: :devil: !!!!

Ranger Mom
12-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
o bet she can, but she WONT. Or she will suffer the wrath of Holmes_Fans:devil: :devil: :devil: !!!!

Ohhh....I'm shakin in my Nikes!!:eek:

Holmes_Fans
12-22-2004, 05:02 PM
arthritis will do that to you sometimes.

NHSRattler60
12-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Ah its ok, I was being sarcastic about it. But thanks for the clear up.

Ranger Mom
12-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
arthritis will do that to you sometimes.

Okay, I have to hand it to you...that was pretty darn funny!:D

Old Tiger
12-22-2004, 07:44 PM
how can we possibly determine how each player did on the field - have them post their OWN stats ? they're kids - they'll lie like big dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!! Offense - 27 catches/372 yards
Defense - 48 tackles

football4life
12-22-2004, 09:04 PM
well, someone like an offensive lineman might want to "inflate" his stats a little, but not an honest skill position player as myself. we tend do be the more humble personalities. just take someone like T.O. for example. he goes out there every week, just trying to get some love for the recievers. cmon, enough about the guys up front, they always talk about how they never get any love.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3afan
12-22-2004, 09:12 PM
i dont think TO is "trying to get some love for the recievers" ... he's trying to get some love for HIMSELF !!!

football4life
12-22-2004, 09:14 PM
haha yes i would have to say you're right, i was merely stirring up a little reaction. the skill positions definitely get the love, which is fun, ill admit. cant do any of it without the big guys. ill vote for any of the posters who play the OL, no matter my stats or anyone elses.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by football4life
well, someone like an offensive lineman might want to "inflate" his stats a little, but not an honest skill position player as myself. we tend do be the more humble personalities. just take someone like T.O. for example. he goes out there every week, just trying to get some love for the recievers. cmon, enough about the guys up front, they always talk about how they never get any love.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Shoot I give the line all the credit without them I couldn't catch the ball because our qb would be on his back the whole night.

CRHSeagle
12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Vote for me! I played all 10 games and usually graded out at about 75-85%. Good enough to get Honorable Mention at OT.
Plus I played most of the season with a sprained ACL.

Old Tiger
12-22-2004, 11:12 PM
You, BBDE, and I can hold honorable mention down! lol

SintonFan
12-22-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm surprised La Grange didn't get more votes. I heard he was awesome with a great work ethic.

football4life
12-23-2004, 01:02 AM
how can we possibly determine how each player did on the field - have them post their OWN stats ? they're kids - they'll lie like big dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

offense- 51 catches/ 840 yds / 13 total TDs
defense- tkls-? / interceptions- 6

and there was definitely no disrespect for the linemen in my post, just a good clean joke really. i love the big fellas up front.

La Grange
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm surprised La Grange didn't get more votes. I heard he was awesome with a great work ethic.

I just found this and wanted to say thanks.

Everyone in La Grange was a dissapointment this year...me including.

2nd team all-district and hon. mention tri-county.

uanimous first team and 1st team tri-county

I stopped posting once the season started...because it is hard to brag when there is nothing to brag about :D .

I don't want to even try on stats, because everyone tends to embelish.

Holmes_Fans
02-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Dre you lazy bum, start doing these again.

and SoulTaker_IP are your still crying because you lost?

Bullaholic
02-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
I just found this and wanted to say thanks.

Everyone in La Grange was a dissapointment this year...me including.

2nd team all-district and hon. mention tri-county.

uanimous first team and 1st team tri-county

I stopped posting once the season started...because it is hard to brag when there is nothing to brag about :D .

I don't want to even try on stats, because everyone tends to embelish.

Young man---don't you ever be embarrased if you and your team did your best---that's all anyone can expect or ask you to do on the field or in life. The record and the stats are just "markers"---they do not tell the "story" of the journey. Stay strong and healthy and come back for another good year. Best of Luck to you and La Grange.

Old Green
02-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Young man---don't you ever be embarrased if you and your team did your best---that's all anyone can expect or ask you to do on the field or in life. The record and the stats are just "markers"---they do not tell the "story" of the journey. Stay strong and healthy and come back for another good year. Best of Luck to you and La Grange. These are my sentiments too La Grange. I watched you and your team mates play your hearts. The honors may not have come, but feel honored that you did your best. For that I applaud you.:clap: :clap: :clap: Good luck in your future endeavors. I know you wiil do well.

big daddy russ
02-07-2005, 11:11 PM
LaGrange, I saw you play Caldwell and was very impressed. This may make sound cheesy, but I still have favorite players and you were that guy this year. You were undersized, but didn't give one lick. You were always around the ball and played your heart out. Remind me of someone I used to know.

BDR- 5'8" 160# OLB/FB/OG

Old Tiger
02-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Tanner, yall go 100% every play no matter what the situation is and thats more than what some teams do. You should not have any regrets. You're a great player and a good athlete.

CHS_CG
02-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
LaGrange, I saw you play Caldwell and was very impressed. This may make sound cheesy, but I still have favorite players and you were that guy this year. You were undersized, but didn't give one lick. You were always around the ball and played your heart out. Remind me of someone I used to know.

BDR- 5'8" 160# OLB/FB/OG

that was the LaGrange game you came too:confused:

big daddy russ
02-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
that was the LaGrange game you came too:confused: Yup.

CHS_CG
02-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yup.

shows ya how much i pay attention.. i knew you came to a game.. just didnt remember which one lol