PDA

View Full Version : Giddings-Rice Consolidated

Matthew328
11-26-2001, 10:08 AM
This one will be a WAR...if anyone scores more than 10 points in this one I'll be shocked...this one is a dead heat...in the end I am gonna go with Rice 10-7

g-town fan
11-26-2001, 11:33 AM
You are right! At least in part of what you said. This will most definitely be a WAR, but I don't think Rice Consolidated is going to pull it out. First of all, Giddings WILL score more than 10 points. They have not been held under 10 all year and they have faced some pretty good defenses, such as Cameron and LaGrange. Rice Cons. on the other hand might not score more than 10. The "wrecking crew" as the Buffaloes defense has come to be called, is one of the toughest in the state. They give up very little yardage, and by doing so, are very stingy with how many points they give up. Neither team wins by more than 10. Just mark my words, Giddings will score more than 10, and for you Rice Consolidated, this Friday a herd is heading through College Station, and there is no possible way for you to stop it!
Giddings 17---Rice Consolidated 10

df1
11-26-2001, 03:41 PM
LOL.nothing like confidence!

Crow22
11-26-2001, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the bulletin board material. Our "scared" boys will enjoy it.

See ya at Kyle.

Offensive Coordinator
11-30-2001, 09:33 AM
Matthew328 you still don't have faith in Giddings after you doubted us against Cameron !

Specklebelly
11-30-2001, 03:44 PM
Offensive Coordinator, Matthew328's preseason #1 in Region 3 was Rice. He's not hating on Giddings by not picking them, he's sticking with his original prediction at the beginning of the year.

3Aroy
11-30-2001, 05:10 PM
Giddings has yet to prove to anyone that they deserve to be picked over Rice. Rice has a defense unlike no other that Giddings has played. If Giddings wins this one, they will get some of my respect. In my mind Rice wins this one by 12.

slinky006
11-30-2001, 06:54 PM
Time to head to the game......Go Buffs!!......and good luck to both teams.......its gonna be a great game.....

g-town fan
12-01-2001, 12:56 AM
The game is over. Just got home. My prediction was right. Buffs won!!!
Giddings 24---Rice 8

g-town fan
12-01-2001, 11:27 AM
3Aroy, time to show a little respect to Giddings. Yes, Rice did have a very good defense. But yes, Giddings has a good offense too. Chris Daniels was huge in this one, going up countless times over defenders to catch passes for first downs. Rice had a great season and congrats to them. But also, lots of luck to the Buffaloes in the future rounds.
3Aroy, you are not alone by not showing respect. No one has shown us any all year. We were picked to win in the Austin paper this week for only the first or second time all year out of 13 games. They actually made a correct prediction this week. At least about the win, not the score. We don't care about respect though. We just play our hearts out every game and wait and see what happens. All we can do is play our hardest, and everything else will work itself out.
Go Buffs!!!