PDA

View Full Version : High School Girls That Can Dunk

BullFrog Dad
12-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Does anybody have a girl at their school who can dunk?

Phil C
12-20-2004, 10:44 AM
From what I understand a woman has only dunked one time in the WNBA and maybe a few times in college ball. I think it may be due to the injury risk in coming down and then falling and getting injuried. Come to think of it when it was done in the WNBA by Lisa Leslie she made sure none of the opponents were around her. I think there may be some in high school that can but the question may be will they?

shellman54
12-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Don't forget that a girl won the high school all america dunk contest last year.

cunbed10
12-20-2004, 11:15 AM
I hear from a good source that Navasota has a Junior girl who's grabbing the rim with two hands, and can jump out of the gym, so if Navasota girls comes to a gym near you, you may want to watch them.

Phil C
12-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by shellman54
Don't forget that a girl won the high school all america dunk contest last year.

But will they do it during a real game is the question. Not that I am putting them down now but I would think they wouldn't because of the injury risk especially when they can easily score with a lay up.

Phil C
12-20-2004, 11:42 AM
What I mean is that as most of you know I am a big girls' basketball fan and I would be very nervous when they were that high in the air and be afraid that someone could hit them and make them fall to the floor accidently and get injuried. To me the dunking is too risky and not worth it. I even get nervous when the boys do it.

3afan
12-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
From what I understand a woman has only dunked one time in the WNBA and maybe a few times in college ball. I think it may be due to the injury risk in coming down and then falling and getting injuried. Come to think of it when it was done in the WNBA by Lisa Leslie she made sure none of the opponents were around her. I think there may be some in high school that can but the question may be will they?

yes but they were very weak, wimpy dunks ....

BullFrog Dad
12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
yes but they were very weak, wimpy dunks .... That beats my very weak, wimpy failed attempts I had in HS!

lobo12
12-20-2004, 12:26 PM
i remember a couple of years ago a girl from tennessee dunked it in a game

jason
12-20-2004, 03:34 PM
From what I understand a woman has only dunked one time in the WNBA and maybe a few times in college ball. I think it may be due to the injury risk in coming down and then falling and getting injuried. or it could be that girls are less athletic and unable to jump high enough...IMO...

jason
12-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Don't forget that a girl won the high school all america dunk contest last year. that was a joke, she won because she was actually able to dunk the ball....

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
That beats my very weak, wimpy failed attempts I had in HS! and that beats my not playing...i was the manager for the varsity when i was a freshman and sophomore...:D

setex
12-20-2004, 03:43 PM

It's happen (http://www.gballmag.com/cc-parkerdunks.html)

Matthew328
12-20-2004, 03:46 PM
girls basketball is worse than watching paint dry..

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
girls basketball is worse than watching paint dry.. haha:D :clap: when i was a freshman, i told the tallest girl she needed to get more rebounds (she averaged about 3 or 4 per game) and she got mad at me...i guess i kinda walked into that one, but i was jsut a stupid fish at the time...

setex
12-20-2004, 03:51 PM
girls basketball is worse than watching paint dry

I agree but someone has to do it. I would rank it higher than dance recital, girl scout convention and probably broad jumping in 100 degree heat which you had to cancel an important appointment on that Tuesday at work.

But when you have a little girl in the fly, you will be there

Matthew328
12-20-2004, 03:54 PM
LOL yeah I already have a daughter...too bad her mom doesn't want her to be a basetball player because "I don't want my daughter to be a lesbian" LOL LOL

Holmes_Fans
12-20-2004, 05:01 PM
She shouldn't of, she only won because she was a girl, and she didn't have to do the same level of difficulty of dunks because of it

rattlerbb01
12-24-2004, 12:23 AM
girls basketball is worse than watching paint dry

matthew328 obviously has never been to a navasota girls game. he might enjoy it.

NHSRattler60
12-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Yeah but our girls games arent really games, their pretty much just our team running basketball drills with random people from another team running around.

NHSRattler60
12-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Everytime I see the girls play basketball, I relive the Navasota versus Houston- Jefferson Davis 64-13 blow out again. Ive never been bored in a game i played in. Poor Mark Kaspar didnt do anything but sit on the sidelines all night. Sad thing was all Davis did was run the ball so it was a LOOONNNNG game.