PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst Christmas shopping experience you've had?

AP Panther Fan
12-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Have you ever noticed how your children always end up wanting something that is like next to impossible to get by the time they let you know!

My daughter last week informed me that she wanted the mini ipod and naturally after spending hours in Corpus Christi shopping...there were none to be found! Ended up ordering online and am crossing my fingers that it will get here.

This is only my most recent dilema....there have been many over the years.

BullFrog Dad
12-20-2004, 10:42 AM
When my son was about six he had to have Criss/Cross Crash Hot Wheels by Mattel. I had about eight stores on speed dial(Wal-Mart, Toys-R-Us, etc.) that I called every morning for two weeks in December and I finally got lucky two days before Christmas. It was a cloverleaf track with battery powered wheels in the middle that drove two cars around for a couple of laps before they crashed. He played with that for a half hour and got bored with it. He never used up the original set of batteries. I don't even want to talk about my daughter's Furby Christmas years ago!

AP Panther Fan
12-20-2004, 10:49 AM
I had the furby problem also one year. And then there was that darn "Tickle me Elmo" and the Blues Clues "thinking chair".

Had someone pick up a furby at 6:00 am from Walmart on a morning they received a shipment. Got my sister in Austin to finally find the Tickle me Elmo......

as for the "thinking chair" .... well, it just never materialized.:rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
my little brother had a thinking chair...

spiveyrat
12-20-2004, 10:54 AM
ANY time I've been to the mall between the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas eve. Too dang many people!

AP Panther Fan
12-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
my little brother had a thinking chair...

They were really cute! I was disappointed, but think my daughter had moved on to other things by Christmas!:D

AP Panther Fan
12-21-2004, 09:53 AM
YESSSS! The mini ipod has arrived! Thank you tweeter.com!:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

onfirebball05mustang
12-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
YESSSS! The mini ipod has arrived! Thank you tweeter.com!:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Congrats AP!!!:clap: something went right this christmas!:D

AP Panther Fan
12-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
Congrats AP!!!:clap: something went right this christmas!:D

Yep and it's about darn time! Thanks onfire!:D

jason
12-21-2004, 05:55 PM
just in general: crowds of angry, fearless women....grr, i shudder just thinking about it....

gobbler grad
12-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by jason
just in general: crowds of angry, fearless women....grr, i shudder just thinking about it....

I totally agree...stay out of there way...some are on a mission...

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
I have a couple & don't know which is worse.

Several years ago, my middle son wanted a Buzz Lightyear. It was the first Christmas after the movie came out - he was 5 or 6 at the time. I spent days & days, lunch hours, weekends trying to find the thing. Finally, the Disney store got a huge shipment 3 or 4 days before Christmas. It was about 20 miles from work, so I had to drive over there, fight the mall crowd, pay for the thing, then drive back to work.

Today, at Wal-Mart, trying to get someone to actually help me was almost as bad.

3afan
12-21-2004, 06:43 PM
i wont go near a wal-mart, or a mall ........ just too 'dangerous'

Old Tiger
12-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Shopping with my sister, it's blah blah blah and never ends...lol