PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Coaches

Comeaux
12-20-2004, 12:50 AM
I just heard that the Gilmer coaches were in contact with the Kirbyville coaches last week. They were geting a lesson on how to read the Jasper offense and interpet the Jasper play calling ftom the sidelines.

They may have gotten a copy of the famous "Stolen Play Book."

PPHSfan
12-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Yes,

I bet you are right. With this secret book they were able to hold jasper to just seven touchdowns. Without it Jasper would have probably scored 100 points.

cunbed10
12-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Pphs fan, Man I can just imagine the hate mail you r getting, when I left the Marlin vs China Spring game early, I had people giving me a hard time on 3 different sites. You stated what you thought would happen, and it did happen, so life goes on. This will soon pass, someone will screw up and the shoe in the mouth stick will be passed, just like I'm passing it to you good luck with it, and your wait will be longer than mine, Week zero is 9 months away, enough time for a newborn:thumbsup: :D

TOPS1435
12-20-2004, 10:05 AM
All week long during the prep, Coach Traylor would tell anyone who asked about the speed to the Jasper running backs and how no one could stop them going to the corners. Is that a secret? I don't think so. He said none of the teams he had seen on film could stop them on the corners.

His answer was to tell the players they could never quit, that they would have to keep pouring it on. Another web board Traylor is quoted as saying on television last week, "When they score, we will just have to keep on scoring," or words to that effect.

It may have been Jasper 33 Gilmer 21 in the second half, but we did keep on scoring.

nutcrackin
12-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Gilmer coaches contacted many schools that Jasper played to get game film. Coach Lauve said he only wanted to trade 3 game film. Our coaches wanted all the film and were willing to trade them. So they went a different route to get the necessary film to break down. At least the two running backs were held in check. They only averaged 50 yds. apiece. THat Moye is a player for sure.

YBS
12-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by nutcrackin
Gilmer coaches contacted many schools that Jasper played to get game film. Coach Lauve said he only wanted to trade 3 game film. Our coaches wanted all the film and were willing to trade them. So they went a different route to get the necessary film to break down. At least the two running backs were held in check. They only averaged 50 yds. apiece. THat Moye is a player for sure.

I guess you mean Gilmer's two backs were held in check b/c here are the stats for Jasper's 3 rushers

JAS Gilbert Moye 28-251 , 1 TD
JAS Jordan Patton 8-60 , 2 TD
JAS Edrick Bronson 10-37 , 2 TD

Moye didn't do that to LH, and Jordan DID score 2 touches along w/ Bronson.

gtownpoke
12-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Coach Traylor isnt going anywhere trust me

Astrosdawg07
12-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Comeaux
I just heard that the Gilmer coaches were in contact with the Kirbyville coaches last week. They were geting a lesson on how to read the Jasper offense and interpet the Jasper play calling ftom the sidelines.

They may have gotten a copy of the famous "Stolen Play Book."

Is that not illegal by UL rules?

Bullaholic
12-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Is that not illegal by UL rules?

Astro.....Let me start by saying that I don't know any "specifics" on this particular alleged incident. However, I will tell you that some coaches will call the coaching staffs of some teams that have played a certain team really well or often, to discuss offensive and defensive strategies that have had success. Interception of signals and the stealing of playbooks is usually the stuff of athletic legend.

Astrosdawg07
12-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks Bullaholic, I was just currious to what and if there are any rules on that type of stuff.

easttexan1
12-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Folks, Jasper doesn't hide alot on offense. Lots of people from Jasper can come pretty close to guessing what each running play will be. Figuring out what we are doing is alot easier than stopping what we are doing. Have seen the time when we would only run 6-8 different plays all night and still kick butt. The opposing coaches have to know our signals and then get them on the field. Seldom enough time in my estimation.

tdsteele
12-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Exactly! I am watching the game and even I knew what play was coming but had no idea how to stop it other than more pressure from the corner was needed. However, if you do that they burn you on the slant. On a similar note, why do you think Jasper handed the ball off up the middle on the two point conversion? I though for sure they would pitch it wide. he would have walked in untouched.

oh well
12-20-2004, 05:12 PM
tdsteele you should be a coach you know all

DawgFan91
12-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by nutcrackin

Why would Jasper want all of Gilmer's game films and give up all of theirs? Gilmer didn't play a PN-G, K-ville, Silsbee or even a Diboll all year until they met Tatum in the playoffs. I don't think looking at game film from Gilmer v. Pine Tree was going to help us figure out a way to stop them.

Sorry, I was out of town after the game until now and am just now getting to read everything that was posted.

tdsteele
12-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Thank you Oh Well. Yes, I do know all. The term you are looking for is omnipotent.

Still nobody answered the question about running up the middle on the conversion.

Another question.....why go all year with the worst kicking game in the UIL? Somebody off the drill team could kick extra points. You mean that with 800 students on campus and all those talented athletes in Jasper, that was the best you got?

I am so good I surprise myself.

YBS
12-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Thank you Oh Well. Yes, I do know all. The term you are looking for is omnipotent.

Still nobody answered the question about running up the middle on the conversion.

Another question.....why go all year with the worst kicking game in the UIL? Somebody off the drill team could kick extra points. You mean that with 800 students on campus and all those talented athletes in Jasper, that was the best you got?

I am so good I surprise myself.

tdsteele, if you only knew how long we've struggled in the kicking game.... :rolleyes:

tdsteele
12-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Well you know that is a darn shame. I was poking fun there anyway but I just cannot imagine that there was nobody around. I am also not trying to slam the young man that at least had the cajones to go out and kick. Lot of pressure there for something that you may not have a lot of confidence in. Plus, you know, several XPs were missed but we don't even know if that impacted the result. There were many swing plays on both sides that could have effected the outcome.

YBS
12-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Well you know that is a darn shame. I was poking fun there anyway but I just cannot imagine that there was nobody around. I am also not trying to slam the young man that at least had the cajones to go out and kick. Lot of pressure there for something that you may not have a lot of confidence in. Plus, you know, several XPs were missed but we don't even know if that impacted the result. There were many swing plays on both sides that could have effected the outcome.

Won't argue w/ that...:rolleyes:

Junkyard
12-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Exactly! I am watching the game and even I knew what play was coming but had no idea how to stop it other than more pressure from the corner was needed. However, if you do that they burn you on the slant. On a similar note, why do you think Jasper handed the ball off up the middle on the two point conversion? I though for sure they would pitch it wide. he would have walked in untouched.

The ball was not handed off up the middle it was snapped to the QB and they ran the option left and the QB chose to keep it.

Hupernikomen
12-22-2004, 10:19 PM

I promise you that Jasper is not the only team that has problems kicking extra points..you act as if it is easy or something and that every other kid should be able to do it.

football4life
12-22-2004, 10:22 PM
im definitely not an expert on any of this, but as for the stealing of signals or anything of that matter, i did notice a few things during some of our games. our offense runs no huddle, with the qb calling out the signals to tell the linemen the play. by around the 4th or 5th game, somehow the defenses would know some of the plays when we shouted them out. they would yell at each other what was coming, along with the coaches on the sideline. it may not make it easier to stop, but it could change things. in all the film i have watched, ive never been able to "hear" anything from the field. makes me wonder.

Black_Magic
12-23-2004, 08:56 AM
tdsteele, I dont think you got oh well. I think he was being sarcastic. OR, maybe you did and you think you know alot.. Either way I dont think so. I dont think you know anymore on this board than you do on the others and I have read some of your stuff on the others:rolleyes:

Buffalo
12-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Easy Black Magic TD steele will tell all. He is the smarteswt on this board no one talks to him on the other boards so he shows up here

Black_Magic
12-24-2004, 11:28 AM
So that makes him a refugee. Unless the same thing happens on this one:rolleyes:

Buckeye80
01-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
tdsteele, I dont think you got oh well. I think he was being sarcastic. OR, maybe you did and you think you know alot.. Either way I dont think so. I dont think you know anymore on this board than you do on the others and I have read some of your stuff on the others:rolleyes:

What does that even mean??:confused:

Here's what happened. Nobody stole signs from anyone, and no one called the Pentagon to find out what plays the other team would run during a "total solar eclipse". Two teams played; one outscored the other; and that team is the State Champion. There's really no mystery to this outcome. Gilmer scored 49 and Jasper scored 47. My hats are off to Jasper for a "whale" of a game, but in the end, the Buckeyes are the champions. Honestly, how hard is that?:confused:

Astrosdawg07
01-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
What does that even mean??:confused:

Here's what happened. Nobody stole signs from anyone, and no one called the Pentagon to find out what plays the other team would run during a "total solar eclipse". Two teams played; one outscored the other; and that team is the State Champion. There's really no mystery to this outcome. Gilmer scored 49 and Jasper scored 47. My hats are off to Jasper for a "whale" of a game, but in the end, the Buckeyes are the champions. Honestly, how hard is that?:confused:

Ah, Jasepr scored 49 also, but the refs screwed us over.

Buckeye80
01-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Ah, Jasepr scored 49 also, but the refs screwed us over.

Yeah there it is. Bitterness is an ugly thing. I can't tell you whether or not the kid got into the endzone, and neither can you tell me unless you are the left offensive tackle or guard from the 2004 Jasper Bulldogs. You know about as much about that play as I do.......I know..I know.. You were standing on the goal line with a telescopic lens, and you've sent the pictures to NASA for analysis, and they've agreed that Jasper is the outright winner of the game. Therefore, Gilmer is to cut all ties with the 3A Div II State Championship, and just accept that Jasper deserved it more. After all, Jasper did beat WOS, which should make them National Champs, no? Gilmer BEAT you, GILMER beat you, gilmer beat YOU......I dont' know how else to say it. Let go of what might have been. You'll beat us next year if we play.....feel better now??

Astrosdawg07
01-01-2005, 04:57 PM
No... Not really!

JasperDog94
01-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Yeah there it is. Bitterness is an ugly thing. I can't tell you whether or not the kid got into the endzone, and neither can you tell me unless you are the left offensive tackle or guard from the 2004 Jasper Bulldogs. Bitterness, no. Disappointment, yes.

LST_Terry
01-03-2005, 12:47 AM
u might not be bitter, but there is alot of bitterness being displayed. Lets say he does make the two-point conversion..makes it 49-49. That still does not make Jasper the State champ. I could have cared less who won the game, I enjoyed broadcasting one of the most enjoyable games I have ever seen, but all this talk about a blown call is getting old. Time to let it go for BOTH sides.

Holmes_Fans
01-03-2005, 01:03 AM
YALL LOST! GET OVER IT! Geez not even Burnet folks complained this much the last 2 years.

JasperDog94
01-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by LST_Terry
That still does not make Jasper the State champ. Sorry to bring this back up, but I've been away for a couple of days. I don't remember anyone on here saying that Jasper should be state champs. All I've read is that most Jasper posters feel that they were hosed out of the opportunity by a bad call. If the tables were turned Gilmer would be saying the same thing.

JasperDog94
01-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Geez not even Burnet folks complained this much the last 2 years. I don't think the Burnet coaches got a call from a ref stating that they blew a critical call late in the game that would have tied the game. But maybe you've heard differently...

Ranger Mom
01-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Okay folks....let's move on!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/ttidead.bmp