PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Adult performer

GreenMonster
12-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Ha Ha, made you look! who's your favorite non-homer team to watch play high school football. In my area it is the Windthorst Trojans. Windthorst is a perennial 1A powerhouse that year in and year out go deeper than any team around here. I usually get to see them play at least once.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-19-2004, 07:30 PM
mine isnt a homer, but its a "close to homer" im gonna say bridgeport, i have gotten to know a few of there fans and well i guess some of it rubbed off on me...

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 08:12 PM
I enjoy watching Newton when I get the chance.

Jason1725
12-19-2004, 08:22 PM
My favorite team besides Jasper is 1A Burkeville Mustangs. Those boys can play.

SintonFan
12-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Last couple of years it was Burnet. They where just fun to watch if they weren't playing my Pirates.;)
After watching Port Isabel play a few times they would be my pick.

Pudlugger
12-19-2004, 08:38 PM
The Hutto Hippos are my favorite non-homer team. Next comes Smithville 'cause I want them to break their losing streak and become a bada$$ team.

injuredinmelee
12-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Im going with the Jim Ned Indians. Will be different without COlt MCCoy next fall.

Also like to go watch Abilene High.

wildstangs
12-19-2004, 08:49 PM
I like Abilene High...and don't tell anyone, but living in Abilene the last few years has turned me into a bit of a Wylie Bulldog fan.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I like to watch Newton and Kirbyville.

injuredinmelee
12-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I like Abilene High...and don't tell anyone, but living in Abilene the last few years has turned me into a bit of a Wylie Bulldog fan.

AHHH a CONVERT!!! Welcome to the family.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-19-2004, 09:57 PM
I've yet to see them, but i always cheer for sinton.

SintonFan
12-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I've yet to see them, but i always cheer for sinton.
Hey! Start your own thread with that subject.:p
I've always enjoyed cheering for you guys, too.:clap:
Too many classy posters...

slpybear the bullfan
12-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
mine isnt a homer, but its a "close to homer" im gonna say bridgeport, i have gotten to know a few of there fans and well i guess some of it rubbed off on me...

Well, thanks friend!!! My other team I root for is the US ARMY. ;)

(oh yeah... Jenna...)

Mustang '89
12-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Hutto Hippos are my favorite non-homer team. Next comes Smithville 'cause I want them to break their losing streak and become a bada$$ team.

I have to agree with you on Hutto. If Manor's not playing, I'm over in Hutto watching them. (I just love that Kerley kid.) Smithvillle is a team I cannot watch. It's bad enough I had to watch my Mustangs self destruct this year, I would probably give up football if I had to watch Smithville fulltime. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that if you look at that team, they have a lot of good athletes. They just won't play as a team. I'd rather watch a talentless team give 100% and lose, than undisciplined, gifted athletes that refuse to play as a team. I had all I can handle with the latter for one year with that Manor team.

htowntransplant
12-20-2004, 12:22 AM
i guess mine would be sinton, seeing as how im from the houston area in CC for college and i went to lamar consolidated HS. i must say, im glad district303apastplayer took me to see some sinton games bc they were fun.

hutex04
12-20-2004, 12:29 AM
I like to see smithville do good. I would never route for Giddings, they my least favorite. I have no problem with anyone else in our district except Giddings.

Old Green
12-20-2004, 06:29 AM
I Follow Yoakum and Sinton when the Gobblers are not playing.

Old No. 7
12-20-2004, 11:54 PM
I've watched Newton and Jasper play as much as I watch K-ville. I like to support local teams when I can. I also like to watch the "Bayou Bowl" :D Ofcoarse OF didn't play as well as I thought they would this year. Maybe next year. :thinking:

shellman54
12-21-2004, 01:29 PM
I'll tell you what is fun to watch, and that is 6 man football. During a basketball tournament when I was either a freshman or sophmore, we stopped and watched Panther Creek play. The crowd was huge, and everyone was chanting "The creek, the creek, the creek is on the rise!!!"

Bull's-eye
12-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Converse Judson is a great team to watch. They have lots of tradition. La Grange and Gilmer have great fan support! I was very impressed with the Gilmer fans. They get there early and really fill the seats. They have the best looking women!:D

Stangster
12-21-2004, 04:49 PM
I like to see the Iraan Braves play football. The whole town really gets into it (what else is there to do in small town west Texas?) they start with the tom-toms way before the game and do the "tomahawk," its really something. Its what West Texas football is all about.

Old Tiger
12-21-2004, 07:36 PM
I liked watching Burnet but I did not get a chance to this year.

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2004, 06:10 AM
When i lived in SA:
Converse Judson Rockets
Theodore Roosevelt Rough Riders
Douglas MacArthur Brahmas
Smithson Valley Rangers

Living in Sinton:
Gregory-Portland Wildcats
Odem Owls
Taft Greyhounds
Robstown Cottonpickers (when they have a good QB who throws for rediculous amounts of yardage)

i also keep up with the team with the most feared mascot in the state... The Ganders of Baytown Lee...
i saw Drew Tate play against Roosevelt... and man... he was shut down like he's never been shut down before... good game in the Dome to kick off the season...

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-22-2004, 06:52 AM
I have become a Sweetwater Mustang fan over the past couple of seasons. I have also had the chance to check out: Windthorst, Petriolia, Iowa Park and Wichita Falls High--all in playoff games. I caught three of Petriolia's playoff games the year they won state in 1A. That was fun.

Pudlugger
12-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Mustang '89
I have to agree with you on Hutto. If Manor's not playing, I'm over in Hutto watching them. (I just love that Kerley kid.) Smithvillle is a team I cannot watch. It's bad enough I had to watch my Mustangs self destruct this year, I would probably give up football if I had to watch Smithville fulltime. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that if you look at that team, they have a lot of good athletes. They just won't play as a team. I'd rather watch a talentless team give 100% and lose, than undisciplined, gifted athletes that refuse to play as a team. I had all I can handle with the latter for one year with that Manor team.

I know what you mean Mustang'89. That team had more personal fouls called against it than any I can remember last season against La Grange. But that's why I would like to see the program turned around. For one thing it would be a trememdous lesson to all involved with the program to realize the power of real teamwork and dedication. I would like to see a new coach come to that town and develop a winning program from the ground up. It will take at least 4 years as that's how long it takes to bring up kids through Middleschool to varsity level in high school with the right work ethic and attitude. BTW, it was a long season for the Leps this year as well. Good luck to Manor next year. Maybe the Mustangs and Leps will get back to their winning ways again.