PDA

View Full Version : Funny!

PhiI C
12-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Tonight TCM is showing a bunch of funny movies. You may want to watch or have your recorders on. At 5:00 P.M. they are showing Some Like it Hot - the very funny Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, and Marilyn Monroe Movie. Then at 7:30 they are showing It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - a very funny movie from 1963. Then at 11:00 P.M. they are showing some great Buster Keaton Movies starting with The Cameraman, a documentary about Keaton, then College - a great movie about Keaton in college playing football and then Steamboat Bill, Jr. A fun night indeed!!

PhiI C
12-19-2004, 03:37 PM
On a more serious notes if you like James Stewart Westerns tomorrow (Monday) starting at 7:00 P.M. TCM is showing some great westerns with that great actor which consist of The Shootist (John Wayne's last movie!), The Rare Breed, The Naked Spur, and How the West Was Won. They are all great movies that I have seen. How the West Won has a great river rapids scene and the scene of the bufalor stampede but the best one is near the end when they have the big train fight! The train fight scene compares with other great movies with actions scenes such as the chariot race in Ben Hur and the car chase in Bullet with Steve McQueen. Great action indeed!

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Phil,

What was the name of that movie where Johnny Depp played the part of the kid that was facinated with Buster Keaton? I can't remember what it was, but it was a great movie.

PhiI C
12-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Phil,

What was the name of that movie where Johnny Depp played the part of the kid that was facinated with Buster Keaton? I can't remember what it was, but it was a great movie.

I will ask around PPHS. Unfortunately I am not up to date with too many current movies like the old ones. :(

LST_Terry
12-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Benny and Joon is the movie where Depp's charactes is fascinated with Buster Keaton

htowntransplant
12-20-2004, 12:15 AM
in the words of phil...

terry, WTG! im flabergausted!