PDA

View Full Version : Just a little nervous

Jason1725
12-19-2004, 11:12 AM
From the sideline I felt Jasper was really nervous to start the game, and were making mistakes because of it. But not once did I ever hear anyone give up. I think after they got that first TD they calmed down and started playing Jasper football. They came back hard but it just wasn't enough. It was like someone else said we gave away a little bit too much and didn't convert when we had the chance. Congrats to Gilmer you played a heck of a game, and I am sure there was a collective sigh of relief when the final seconds ticked off the clock. To the people that predicted Gilmer in a blowout you sure don't know Jasper, but you do now. These Bulldogs have big hearts and it showed last night. These young men made Jasper proud and brought a town together. Outsiders always try to make Jasper a divided town, but these guys bring us all together every fall. Congrats on a great year Bulldogs you played through so much but never gave up. To the Seniors that will be leaving in a few short months it's been a pleasure watching you all grow up in to fine young men. I hope you all take the lessons you learned from playing as a team with you the rest of your life, because if you do the sky's the limit. I know next year roaming the sidelines will seem a little weird without talking to some of you, Patton, Gilder,Malone and a few others. I just want to say thanks to every player who made 2004 a special year for the Jasper Bulldogs. You Gotta Love It!!!!!!

j_dog
12-19-2004, 11:21 AM
I would like to echo what you said Jason1725. Jasper came up on the short end of the score, but they are still winners! And congratulations to Gilmer. Both teams deserved to be state champions, but that cannot be.