PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs Jasper

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 12:55 AM
I'm not trying to be a sore loser about the loss, I congratulate Gilmer. However, I do have a question did Patton get in the end zone on the 2pt Conversion? From my seat which was about the Gilmer 20 (South Endzone) and it did look like he got in by rolling over players while not touching the ground, which by rule he would not be considered down, therefore should have been good on the 2pt conversion.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 01:05 AM
I was on the 50 and saw it the same way. But when officials have to huddle up and discuss the matter, I don't like it. If you get up to the pile and he's in, raise your hands.

Hey Mike, you care to comment on this one?

sundevil
12-19-2004, 01:15 AM
I was on the 40 and he looked down to me.

Questions of my own since your asking them:

What about the time your QB threw the ball behind him and they rulled and incomplete pass or the time we hit the QB and the ball flew out and our guys got the ball, or about the 2 times you threw the screen pass (lateral) and it went out of bounce but they still let you have the ball at the line of scrimmage?

We can all play the what if game if we want too hard enough.

Good job Jasper.....you never quite and gave us a run for out money.....nail bitter to the very end.

:)

ILoveSoccerMoms
12-19-2004, 01:22 AM
hey little nut im from jasper and u need to let it go and not stir stuff up that doesnt need to be stirred up. great game from both sidelines. a few miscues by the officials that affected both sides. lets not lament on the fact that some times the zebras dont get it right.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by sundevil
Questions of my own since your asking them:

What about the time your QB threw the ball behind him and they rulled and incomplete pass or the time we hit the QB and the ball flew out and our guys got the ball, or about the 2 times you threw the screen pass (lateral) and it went out of bounce but they still let you have the ball at the line of scrimmage? I saw one lateral that should have been call out of bounds that would have resulted in a loss of 4 yards. Not sure about the other one you saw. On the fumble, our QB's arm was going forward both times. One really didn't matter since you guys got the ball back anyway on the next play. What do you think about the penalties or lack thereof?

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 01:26 AM
he was in if he didn't fumble. maybe we will hear from a coach or player what the film shows, but it is a moot point. lets both show some class and discuss the game some civility...if you want to talk trash at this point take it to another site...
that's my opinion...I witness a great ballgame and think both teams deserve a lot of credit.

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I saw one lateral that should have been call out of bounds that would have resulted in a loss of 4 yards. Not sure about the other one you saw. On the fumble, our QB's arm was going forward both times. One really didn't matter since you guys got the ball back anyway on the next play. What do you think about the penalties or lack thereof?

I agree about the lack of penalties, that was either the cleanest game ever played or the zebras forgot how to pull out the flag...the only penalites all night I can remember was against Jasper, with the exception on the delay of game against Gilmer. Think they might of had a motion or something against them as well. Everything else was against us. Most of those penalties against us really hurt. No excuses just an observation.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ILoveSoccerMoms
hey little nut im from jasper and u need to let it go and not stir stuff up that doesnt need to be stirred up. great game from both sidelines. a few miscues by the officials that affected both sides. lets not lament on the fact that some times the zebras dont get it right.

I'm not stirring anyting up, just a simple question.:confused:

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Where's the trash talk? We're discussing a close call that helped decide the outcome of a state championship game.

sundevil
12-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Hey,
I don't want to talk trash. I was just showing there are a lot of things to talk about if we want to talk about "What ifs".

I thought Jasper played a hell of a game. We couldn't stop that trap up the middle all night long and that option to the outside was a killer also. I must send a shout out for whoever your W.R. is that was blocking out there because he did a hell of a job all night long.

Again, great job. I am glad we won but I have way more respect for you now that I had lets say a week ago.

pinecone
12-19-2004, 01:33 AM
The ball was at least on the line, if not over. Then it looked like he got knocked back or jerked back. Ref's never signaled but unpiled everyone and went with the final resting place instead of
forward progress. He fell across the line sideways, ball in plain sight, instead of perpendicular. This was not the best of officiating IMHO, but not the worst either.

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 01:37 AM
Where's the trash talk? We're discussing a close call that helped decide the outcome of a state championship game.

Not any yet...I just hope we can keep it real and not start being sore losers and poor winners..so far so good...just a preemptive strike by me :)

Again great job by both teams.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Well....you might have been on the 40, but i was on the field at the goal line....the ball crossed the plain/plane(?) before his body or the ball touched the ground.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 01:45 AM
I just saw the replay of fox southwest High School Scoreboard. I put it in slow motion. Patton is tackled by landing on the defensive player and lands right on the goal line. At that point #8 comes in and pops the ball loose after he's already on the ground. But the last time I checked, if you're on the goal line, you're in.:( :(

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 01:46 AM
I just saw the replay of fox southwest High School Scoreboard. I put it in slow motion. Patton is tackled by landing on the defensive player and lands right on the goal line. At that point #8 comes in and pops the ball loose after he's already on the ground. But the last time I checked, if you're on the goal line, you're in.:( :(

Man that sucks, but bottomline Gilmer is the State Champs congrats. GO DAWGS 2005!!!!

itsallheart
12-19-2004, 01:56 AM
You peopel are terrible you telling me you gonna put it down to one play when the score was what it was. Maybe if it was a low scoring came you can talk but come on if your gonna talk about what (ifs) Then talk about what if you could have stopped Gilmer from passing. What if Gilmer could have play defence. Bottom line the scored board said 49 - 47 Gilmer and there where more than one play in this game.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by itsallheart
You peopel are terrible you telling me you gonna put it down to one play when the score was what it was. Maybe if it was a low scoring came you can talk but come on if your gonna talk about what (ifs) Then talk about what if you could have stopped Gilmer from passing. What if Gilmer could have play defence. Bottom line the scored board said 49 - 47 Gilmer and there where more than one play in this game.

I'm not, I was just curious on how others saw it. I really do congrat. Gilmer.

TOPS1435
12-19-2004, 02:10 AM
About 35 years ago, the color commentator on Monday Night Football was Don Meredith of Mt. Vernon, Texas. His sidekick in the booth, Howard Cossel gave him the nickname Dandy Don.

Meredith, before he was a Dallas Cowboy, before he was All American at S M U, lead Mount Vernon to a Class 2 A state championship in 1954 and then beat Gilmer in Gilmer in the final 10 seconds in 1955.

It was Meredith on a Monday Night game in December one year who said:

"If if and buts were candies and nuts, we would all have a very Merry Christmas." Thanks for the memories, and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and to all, good night.

Jason1725
12-19-2004, 02:13 AM
When the UIL guy presented the runner up trophy he said" You guy's didn't lose, you just ran out of time" I think that sums it up best.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 02:15 AM
You peopel are terrible you telling me you gonna put it down to one play when the score was what it was. Maybe if it was a low scoring came you can talk but come on if your gonna talk about what (ifs) Then talk about what if you could have stopped Gilmer from passing. What if Gilmer could have play defence. Bottom line the scored board said 49 - 47 Gilmer and there where more than one play in this game. What difference does it make if it were a high scoring game or a low scoring game? The difference ended up being 2 points and we're discussing a controversial 2 point conversion attempt. And I believe Jasper did do a good job in the second half of limiting Gilmer's offense. Only 2 TD's and we got 3 ints. I think that's awesome considering Gilmers powerful offense.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Jason1725
When the UIL guy presented the runner up trophy he said" You guy's didn't lose, you just ran out of time" I think that sums it up best. This was definitely a slug-fest.

YBS
12-19-2004, 02:51 AM
Hey,
I don't want to talk trash. I was just showing there are a lot of things to talk about if we want to talk about "What ifs".

I thought Jasper played a hell of a game. We couldn't stop that trap up the middle all night long and that option to the outside was a killer also. I must send a shout out for whoever your W.R. is that was blocking out there because he did a hell of a job all night long.

Again, great job. I am glad we won but I have way more respect for you now that I had lets say a week ago.

Sundevil I think that goes both ways. We KNEW our kids can hang w/ anyone in the state b/c not only did we have talent again this year, but we've always had talent every year! What we didn't know was exactly how talented your offense was :eek: Great game. Oh to play that one again...:cool:

itsallheart
12-19-2004, 03:41 AM
MAkes a lot of difference. You guys talking about one play is pathetic. I can pick others where yall had control of the outcome and missed the oppurtunity. Kills me people come here with sorry excuses of why they lose. I guess it makes em fell better. All this talk about one play is missing all the good points in the game. It was a great game with great play on both ends. Lets talk about that other than "what could have would have but didnt." Haveing a poll about this is stupid and childish. If it was low scoreing you could talk about it maybe because there would have been less plays to talk about. What if you stopped bowser from scoring that touchdown. What if yall foudn out what would work on your first possesion. What if gilmer would have stacked the middle and took away your QB draw trap. What if traylor would have went to John Tyler next year. What if libery hill would have scored on the one yard line. All of this i just mention is stupid what ifs are stupid. No need to mention the , "would have could have but didnt" And focus on a hard fought game with 2 incredible teams that broke a state record. Postive feed back for kids to read instead of negative feed back.

Ranger Mom
12-19-2004, 08:30 AM
MAkes a lot of difference. You guys talking about one play is pathetic. I can pick others where yall had control of the outcome and missed the oppurtunity. Kills me people come here with sorry excuses of why they lose. I guess it makes em fell better. All this talk about one play is missing all the good points in the game. It was a great game with great play on both ends. Lets talk about that other than "what could have would have but didnt." Haveing a poll about this is stupid and childish. If it was low scoreing you could talk about it maybe because there would have been less plays to talk about. What if you stopped bowser from scoring that touchdown. What if yall foudn out what would work on your first possesion. What if gilmer would have stacked the middle and took away your QB draw trap. What if traylor would have went to John Tyler next year. What if libery hill would have scored on the one yard line. All of this i just mention is stupid what ifs are stupid. No need to mention the , "would have could have but didnt" And focus on a hard fought game with 2 incredible teams that broke a state record. Postive feed back for kids to read instead of negative feed back.

I don't see anywhere on here where people are making excuses as to why they lost! All I see is a question about one play in the game...BIG DEAL!!

I listened to the game on LST and one of the announcers is from Gilmer, even HE thought the 2 pt conversion was good. That's NOT an excuse...and the posters have every right to talk about it, re-hash it, think about it, and wonder what could have been.

easttexan1
12-19-2004, 08:39 AM
While there were several plays that could have made the difference. we lost and they won. But,,,,,, where was the great team that was supposed to stomp Jasper in the ground. Obviously, either it doesn't exist, or maybe Jasper is just as good a team. 2 points, 2 questionable calls, and a possible coaching mistake does not make a butt stomping.

3afan
12-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Well....you might have been on the 40, but i was on the field at the goal line....the ball crossed the plain/plane(?) before his body or the ball touched the ground.

you gotta trust the officials in a case like this since they have no biases and are closest to the play .......

Buckeye80
12-19-2004, 09:55 AM
This thread would be a psychologist's "dream come true".:D If you're from Jasper, he got in standing up, untouched on the two point conversion. If you're from Gilmer, we sacked him back at the five yard line. It's just funny to see. Well I am of the opinion that he did not get in since that is what the official score says. I was sitting on the thirty five yard line closest to the play, and I couldn't see a thing. I said to a friend of mine, last night at the game that the Jasper fans better not be griping about the officiating on the "Down Low" tomorrow because of all the favorable spots they were getting. The irony is that they didn't get a favorable spot on the two point attempt about 45 seconds after I told him that.
Look, we can all bicker and argue about who scored and didn't, and numbers of penalties, and laterals that went out-of-bounds, and sacks that weren't sacks, and Jasper holding in their own endzone that wasn't called :p and Gilmer's coaching staff being too far out on the field, and whose band was better, but at the end of this marvelous spectacle of high school athletic talent, GILMER BEAT JASPER!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!! LOL:D

Originally posted by easttexan1
But,,,,,, where was the great team that was supposed to stomp Jasper in the ground. Obviously, either it doesn't exist, or maybe Jasper is just as good a team.
I never saw anybody from Gilmer saying that we were gonna stomp Jasper. If you looked at the stats and playing styles, then I think everyone agreed that Gilmer had the advantage, but c'mon. Jasper made it to the state game for a reason (low level competition) JUST KIDDING. Predictions from people that don't really know a thing about the two teams playing aren't good sources on which to base one's opinion.

Ranger Mom
12-19-2004, 10:02 AM
I have never seen either team play and probably never will(Unless, if in the future, football fate is with us again), but I would love to have a copy of this game to watch. It was exciting enough just listening to it!

I was pulling for Jasper, simply because I know more of the Jasper posters from this board. But I wasn't in the least bit dissappointed that Gilmer won (okay, maybe a little at first, but I got over it). It was a great game between 2 great teams, that came down to the wire. People who witnessed this game surely got their moneys worth, and it was worth my butt falling asleep in this chair to listen to it!

Ranger Mom
12-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80

I never saw anybody from Gilmer saying that we were gonna stomp Jasper. If you looked at the stats and playing styles, then I think everyone agreed that Gilmer had the advantage, but c'mon. Jasper made it to the state game for a reason (low level competition) JUST KIDDING. Predictions from people that don't really know a thing about the two teams playing aren't good sources on which to base one's opinion.

Maybe this guy isn't FROM Gilmer, but this post is one that stuck out to me!

Jasper is Home and Gilmer is of course Visitor and will wear White. The game is at 5pm.

Everytime we turn around we play lines that are bigger than the Buckeyes. That is not a problem because we are faster than your line and will be in the backfield causing havoc. I don't think you will hit the corners on us. Snyder didn't do it, Madison didn't do it, and Tatum did it maybe 4 times.

I understand that jasper has 2 backs over 2000 and some post I ready even mentioned 3. I couldn't be happier about this if it is true. Another running team to stop.

I must admit that I enjoyed watching snyder fans in a daze after we started turning the screws. total dismay.......yes there were turnover..........but that was becuase the buckeyes were sticking you.

My prediction another blowout......everyone we have played in the playoffs so far keep talking about how fast they are in their region and the we play them and were is the speed.....?????? Just dont believe it. Post your times as I am sure you will, every team has done it. What they haven't done is have the speed to stop our run, and multifaceted passing attack. Can't wait till Saturday.

Kool Tarpon 21
12-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Congratulations Jasper Bulldogs. :clap: You all had an awesome game. Good job! You all really deserve it. Well, we have to wait until next season.:( Can't Wait! :) GO TARPONS!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

j_dog
12-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
.....I never saw anybody from Gilmer saying that we were gonna stomp Jasper. ......
Congratulations Gilmer on the victory. You have a great team.

But about never seeing anybody from Gilmer saying that we were gonna stomp Jasper, you must not have been reading much over on Smoaky! :D I think about the most generous post I saw over there toward Jasper said something to the effect that if Jasper played a PERFECT game, maybe Jasper could keep it to a two TD loss.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
you gotta trust the officials in a case like this since they have no biases and are closest to the play ....... You must not have seen the replay on High School Scoreboard. I never like it when officials have to huddle up to discuss a play.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 12:55 PM
MAkes a lot of difference. You guys talking about one play is pathetic. I can pick others where yall had control of the outcome and missed the oppurtunity. Kills me people come here with sorry excuses of why they lose. I guess it makes em fell better. All this talk about one play is missing all the good points in the game. It was a great game with great play on both ends. Lets talk about that other than "what could have would have but didnt." Haveing a poll about this is stupid and childish. If it was low scoreing you could talk about it maybe because there would have been less plays to talk about. What if you stopped bowser from scoring that touchdown. What if yall foudn out what would work on your first possesion. What if gilmer would have stacked the middle and took away your QB draw trap. What if traylor would have went to John Tyler next year. What if libery hill would have scored on the one yard line. All of this i just mention is stupid what ifs are stupid. No need to mention the , "would have could have but didnt" And focus on a hard fought game with 2 incredible teams that broke a state record. Postive feed back for kids to read instead of negative feed back. The bottom line is the kids played a great game. When the officials have to huddle together to decide what happened, that's not good and that's my beef.

Jason1725
12-19-2004, 03:17 PM
you gotta trust the officials in a case like this since they have no biases and are closest to the play .......

I was looking through a zoom lens and he made it. But giving up the big lead hurt Jasper, they tied the second quarter and won the secon half. The only difference was the 14-0 1st quarter lead.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725

I was looking through a zoom lens and he made it. But giving up the big lead hurt Jasper, they tied the second quarter and won the secon half. The only difference was the 14-0 1st quarter lead.

Would have been a great time for Instant Replay for the officials :D

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 03:33 PM
This says it all for Jasper folks... http://home.southeasttexaslive.com/SETLivePhotos/121904s1b.jpg
We are proud of all you accomplished this year Dawgs!!!Good luck in the future for both teams seniors and 2005 seasons! GO DAWGS...GO BUCKEYES, maybee we can meet up again this time next year for the state title!

Manck
12-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I listened to the game on LST and one of the announcers is from Gilmer, even HE thought the 2 pt conversion was good. That's NOT an excuse...and the posters have every right to talk about it, re-hash it, think about it, and wonder what could have been.

It's sort of weird being quoted as an authority. You've got to remember that while on most plays during the game I had the best seat in the house. During that play, it LOOKED like he got in. I don't use binoculars, and I don't have a zoom lens or anything fun like that up there.

On a call like that on the goal line, where the player's not diving at a pylon or something where he is right at the feet of the official, the only people who have a decent point of view on in or out is the offensive line and the defensive line.

I'm not voting in the poll, because I saw it live, and I saw it on the Gilmer Cable replay a couple of hours ago. I still have to agree with the refs, because as a relatively neutral announcer, that's what I'm going to do on a call that I can't determine in my own head.

Congrats Buckeyes, it's freakin' awesome that we finally won state. Jasper, HO. LY. CRAP. Ya'll have a great team. That Moye kid is something special. Terry kept comparing him to Stephen Hodge from Tatum, but I definitely think that Moye will be better.

My heart MIGHT be starting to slow down.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Manck
It's sort of weird being quoted as an authority. You've got to remember that while on most plays during the game I had the best seat in the house. During that play, it LOOKED like he got in. I don't use binoculars, and I don't have a zoom lens or anything fun like that up there.

On a call like that on the goal line, where the player's not diving at a pylon or something where he is right at the feet of the official, the only people who have a decent point of view on in or out is the offensive line and the defensive line.

I'm not voting in the poll, because I saw it live, and I saw it on the Gilmer Cable replay a couple of hours ago. I still have to agree with the refs, because as a relatively neutral announcer, that's what I'm going to do on a call that I can't determine in my own head.

Congrats Buckeyes, it's freakin' awesome that we finally won state. Jasper, HO. LY. CRAP. Ya'll have a great team. That Moye kid is something special. Terry kept comparing him to Stephen Hodge from Tatum, but I definitely think that Moye will be better.

My heart MIGHT be starting to slow down. Did you see the replay by High School Scoreboard? They showed the same angle as one of the refs. I still don't see how he could miss it. He fell right on the goal line.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Did you see the replay by High School Scoreboard? They showed the same angle as one of the refs. I still don't see how he could miss it. He fell right on the goal line.

What was their reaction to the play? Did they say it was a blown call?

TXMike
12-19-2004, 05:12 PM
You must not have seen the replay on High School Scoreboard. I never like it when officials have to huddle up to discuss a play.

When there are 5 different sets of eyes looking at different areas and at different angles, there will be, from time to time, moments when everyone must give input to the white hat so a final decision/ruling can be made . Not only is this acceptable, it is REQUIRED. When there is a huddle it means either that something that has a strange enforcment has taken place or, like in this game apparently, a close play has taken place and everyone may have seen different parts of it.

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Sure heightens the stress-level on the zebras when the state championship is hanging in the balance and what they decide they saw is being discussed while 15K people are anxiously awaiting their decision.

itsallheart
12-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Yea to bad the refs dont have superman like powers and see a play in slow motion as it happens huh. Is this what you people are trying to get at. Maybe in the future we can have computers ref the game like baseball where theres computers telling us if its a ball or a strike.

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 06:37 PM
And if you were in our shoes you wouldn't be hurt over the loss in the manner that it happen I guess?? I think nearly every Jasper fan on here has given Gilmer credit...we reserve the right to wish and wonder what could of been, don't take that from us.

White&Crimson
12-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Exactly. Put yourselves in our shoes and you'd probably be doing the same thing.
And if that call had had been the other way, we just don't know what would have happened. Jasper may have won, but maybe Gilmer still would have pulled it off. Of course, we are going to wonder "what if".

rockdale80
12-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
he was in if he didn't fumble. maybe we will hear from a coach or player what the film shows, but it is a moot point. lets both show some class and discuss the game some civility...if you want to talk trash at this point take it to another site...
that's my opinion...I witness a great ballgame and think both teams deserve a lot of credit.

and then posted this somewhere else

Originally posted by Hupernikomen
You refuse to give Jasper credit for being any good..unreal.

Which offense scored the most touchdowns?? Which defense caused the most turnovers?? Who had the most yards?? And we are 3 or 4 TDs worse..I don't know why you worship Gilmer or hate Jasper but this is too much for me. Is Gilmer better?? Yeah about 2 points! The game is for 48 minutes and every play counts, including the 3 interceptions that we caused by good pressure and great catches on our part. Gilmer is not a running team anyways their offense is the pass..we stepped up and made plays. Our kids have heart. Give Jasper 3 plays that we can take back and maybe this game looks a lot different..here are my nominees.

Play #1 The illegal procedure from the 2 yard line.

Play #2 The bad snap that was recovered and ran in for a touchdown.

Play #3 The two point conversion that wasn't to be.

Sorry the Jasper Bulldogs didn't convince you that we are worthy opponents for Gilmer!

the latter sure seemed like trash talk to me....;)
congrats to both teams...didnt make the game, but i think i regret that now...sounds like it was a heck of a game to catch. congrats to both teams on a great season.

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by AChesnut
What was their reaction to the play? Did they say it was a blown call? No, they'd never say anything like that. They just report what was called.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 08:10 PM
No, they'd never say anything like that. They just report what was called.

Aight, thanks

Jason1725
12-19-2004, 08:20 PM
And if you were in our shoes you wouldn't be hurt over the loss in the manner that it happen I guess?? I think nearly every Jasper fan on here has given Gilmer credit...we reserve the right to wish and wonder what could of been, don't take that from us.

You and I both know they would, but I guess they are so much better than anyone else. They are the greatest show on turf you know.

Lookin In
12-19-2004, 09:19 PM
First of all, I am not connected to either town, but was at the game yesterday. Congrats to the Gilmer and Jasper teams for a wonderful season and for making your schools, community, and fans (well at least most of them) proud. My hats off to both teams and coaching staffs for a wonderful game yesterday day.

Now to my posting and thoughts on this topic. We can all dwell on all of the "what if's" and "if this would've happened" and "the calls didn't go our way". But what you are actually doing is whining because things didn't go your way. Do you do this in real life too? Is this what your trying to teach or get across to the young men who fought hard in the game, who gave it everything they had, that if it doesn't go your way, you start making excuses to try to make the others feel like they really shouldn't be anything to be proud of? Are you trying to teach them bad sportsmanship, to argue the calls of the officals?

I'm sure the Gilmer coaches would have played the last minutes of the game completely different then what they did if the score would have been tied. And if I recall right, Jasper did have a chance to come down the field to try to attempt a field goal at the end of the game.

So enough of the whining, I am surprised that they let this be a subject anyway.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Lookin In
First of all, I am not connected to either town, but was at the game yesterday. Congrats to the Gilmer and Jasper teams for a wonderful season and for making your schools, community, and fans (well at least most of them) proud. My hats off to both teams and coaching staffs for a wonderful game yesterday day.

Now to my posting and thoughts on this topic. We can all dwell on all of the "what if's" and "if this would've happened" and "the calls didn't go our way". But what you are actually doing is whining because things didn't go your way. Do you do this in real life too? Is this what your trying to teach or get across to the young men who fought hard in the game, who gave it everything they had, that if it doesn't go your way, you start making excuses to try to make the others feel like they really shouldn't be anything to be proud of? Are you trying to teach them bad sportsmanship, to argue the calls of the officals?

I'm sure the Gilmer coaches would have played the last minutes of the game completely different then what they did if the score would have been tied. And if I recall right, Jasper did have a chance to come down the field to try to attempt a field goal at the end of the game.

So enough of the whining, I am surprised that they let this be a subject anyway.

Whinning and asking others thoughts on a crucial play in the game are 2 different things!

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 10:31 PM

So enough of the whining, I am surprised that they let this be a subject anyway. Great 1st post.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've said numerous times that these were two great teams that left everything out on the field. The teams played to a virtual tie. BUT, one call made a huge difference. Have you seen the replay? If you are unbiased (as you say you are) then you'll see what really happened. I hope the kids get to see that and realize that they got the short end of the stick and really played to a tie with 4 1/2 minutes to go. Accept it and go on, but don't think for a second that you lost the game. We played dead even.

itsallheart
12-20-2004, 12:10 AM
we finally got it from a jasper fan in the previous post. You think the refs cheated you. Bout time you straight out said it. OH and thats called whinning if you didnt no

Ranger Mom
12-20-2004, 12:21 AM

Who is the "They" you are referring to?:confused:

PPHSfan
12-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Great 1st post.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've said numerous times that these were two great teams that left everything out on the field. The teams played to a virtual tie. BUT, one call made a huge difference. Have you seen the replay? If you are unbiased (as you say you are) then you'll see what really happened. I hope the kids get to see that and realize that they got the short end of the stick and really played to a tie with 4 1/2 minutes to go. Accept it and go on, but don't think for a second that you lost the game. We played dead even.

If you had played dead even. Jasper would have kicked 7 extra points too. Jasper kicked one, missed two, and went 2 for 3 on two point conversions. Gilmer just kicked 7 for 7. Nothing dead even about that. If kicking extra points were supposed to be automatic, then why bother having to kick them? Why not just give everyone seven points for touchdowns?

I know, maybe kicking is part of the game.