PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Gilmer!

spiveyrat
12-18-2004, 11:26 PM
You guys have an incredibly potent offense! Congrats on a hard fought State title and perfect season.

sundevil
12-19-2004, 01:22 AM
I will say thanks since there are only 3 or so of us that post on here.

I will say this..............you guys are way better than I thought. I thought I was on the money in the first half but I found I was way off in the second half. Good job Jasper.

Old No. 7
12-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Congrats Gilmer! Yall are worthy of the title. Best of luck next year. ;)

buckeye89cm
12-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Congrats Jasper on a very hard fought football game. I was impressed with your kids desire to do whatever it took to win. {Great group of kids and coaches}

Thanks again and good luck. I know you will have a state championship soon. You were a much deserving opponent.

j_dog
12-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by sundevil
I will say thanks since there are only 3 or so of us that post on here.

I will say this..............you guys are way better than I thought. I thought I was on the money in the first half but I found I was way off in the second half. Good job Jasper.
Thank you for your words sundevil. Gilmer had a great team, as most of us from Jasper already knew. Many of us went early to see you play Tatum. We knew you were very good. We also knew Jasper could hang with you in a way that apparently Tatum and others could not. For one thing, we were very confident that if Gilmer kept putting the ball in the air against Jasper, we would start catching some of those balls. And we were even more confident that we could move the ball against Gilmer. Could we have a rematch next week please? :D

Gilmer Buckeye
12-19-2004, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sundevil
[B]I will say thanks since there are only 3 or so of us that post on here.

There are way more than 3 Gilmer backers who post on this board. I've been here since December 2002.

I'd like to thank 3A Down Low for existing. While Smoaky.com based in Tyler is an excellent message board as well, it has a "Northeast Texas-centric" view of football.

I would never have known much about Snyder or even Jasper had I not found 3ADL. I've been reading about Jasper ever since it unexpectedly lost to Burnet a couple of years ago.

And, yeah, Jasper gave the Buckeyes a helluva game, and the Dawgs deserve all the credit in the world. They are the second-best team in all of 3A for I am sure if they had gone Div I this year, as they often do being such a large school, they would have made minced meat of Abilene Wylie.

olddawggreen
12-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Congratulations Gilmer! What a season. What do you think you have coming back next year?

Buffalo
12-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Congrats Gilmer On Winning the State Champ. Jasper great game. GIlmer is full of Class they knock you down quickly then go right back to the huddle and never say a word I was very impressed with them. FILM does not show how fast the team speed is. Did not get to watch film on Jasper maybe next year?

BlueBlood
12-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Good job Gilmer. Heck of a game.

TOPS1435
12-20-2004, 01:20 AM
In answer to Oldawggreen's question, we graduate about 25, have a couple of the receivers, a couple of backup running backs, two freshmen OL, and an undefeated JV to work with. Personally I have no idea how good they will be.:confused:

But then we only had 5 return from last year's quarterfinals team that were starters, about 15 lettermen. Almost the entire offensive line graduated along with the qb. So, I do not know what magic Coach Traylor may find.

Should be competitive in district, but have to wait for non-district to guess if anything further might build. But wait, isn't that the scenario we had this year?

olddawggreen
12-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
In answer to Oldawggreen's question, we graduate about 25, have a couple of the receivers, a couple of backup running backs, two freshmen OL, and an undefeated JV to work with. Personally I have no idea how good they will be.:confused:

But then we only had 5 return from last year's quarterfinals team that were starters, about 15 lettermen. Almost the entire offensive line graduated along with the qb. So, I do not know what magic Coach Traylor may find.

Should be competitive in district, but have to wait for non-district to guess if anything further might build. But wait, isn't that the scenario we had this year?

Best of luck to you next year!:)