PDA

View Full Version : Keith7 Is My Daddy

PPHSfan
12-18-2004, 09:29 PM
My name will change as soon as an Admin gets here.

Congrats to Keith.

You were the only one brave enough to take my bet.

Way to go Daddy.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM
You are a good sport PPHSfan.

See ya next season!:D

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 01:08 AM
We tried to warn you...:p

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
My name will change as soon as an Admin gets here.

Congrats to Keith.

You were the only one brave enough to take my bet.

Way to go Daddy.

Being brave had nothing to do with Jasper fans not taking the bet..your bet was an insult to our program. We knew we were not 27 points worse than Gilmer...besides I like my screen name just fine.

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Being brave had nothing to do with Jasper fans not taking the bet..your bet was an insult to our program. We knew we were not 27 points worse than Gilmer...besides I like my screen name just fine.

My bet was not an insult to your program. If nothing else it helped motivate your program. My bet was a compliment to Gilmer's program.

Tell you what Hup.

I know you to be a honest man. Go look in the mirror and tell yourself that when the score was 21-6 or 35-14 that my prediction never crossed your mind. When you have convinced yourself that you knew Jasper would make that comeback, come back and tell me that you were never worried that I might be right.:p

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah it did cross my mind, but I will never consider my team to be a 4 TD underdog to anyone. I believe in them to much to do that...I knew the game could get ugly because Gilmer was that talented, but I also knew you were grossly underestimating the talent that we had on the field. Its all water under the bridge at this point, and I am proud of how our kids fought back.

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 10:16 AM
I am very proud of your kids too.

Yall's QB is a stud.

He will be fun to watch for the next couple of years.

j_dog
12-19-2004, 11:16 AM
My bet was not an insult to your program. ....
I for one think it WAS an insult to Jasper's program and Jasper fans were right not to dignify it with an acceptance. The sad thing was that you were informed. You personally witnessed Jasper dismantle a very good Marlin team, yet you dismissed a great game by Jasper and dissed Marlin at the same time by saying that they did not live up to "your expectactions"! Evidently the only way Marlin could have lived up to your "expectations" was to beat Jasper. And since they didn't you evidently decided you had to somehow attack Jasper.

I am glad that Keith called your hand. You deserve your new name! :)

p.s. We don't need you to motivate our program. :D Sure, for awhile it looked bad for Jasper in the game, but likewise I am sure more than a few Gilmer fans were a bit nervous in the waning minutes. :)

Keith7
12-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I knew Gilmer was going to win.. just not by that crazy number you were rambling on about.. I sure will enjoy seeing your new name though!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I knew Gilmer was going to win.. just not by that crazy number you were rambling on about.. I sure will enjoy seeing your new name though!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Let's review what you thought...

Heres what I hear about the 2 teams

Jasper has the Size advantage and Gilmer has the speed..

If history repeats itself Gilmer should win big

i'm gonna go with my stats again and go with Gilmer 35-14

hmmmm...not a lot of difference between 27 points and 21 points.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Gilmer 35
Jasper 14

I like the unbiased view of PPHSFan better then any body elses BIASED views

:eek: :eek:

flip

flop

flip

flop

:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

flip

flop

flip

flop

:D im not trying to turn this political, but he should run for president. he'd make a good candidate...

Manck
12-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
... I am sure more than a few Gilmer fans were a bit nervous in the waning minutes. :)

I almosted vomited on air. Let's put it that way.

Keith7
12-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Let's review what you thought...

hmmmm...not a lot of difference between 27 points and 21 points.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

flip

flop

flip

flop

:D

LOL.. if you were in the chat room when i made this bet w/ pphsfan.. I said "I think Gilmer will win but i only predict it to be by 21 so i'll take your bet".. jeez know what you are talking about when before you make dumb comments

JasperDog94
12-19-2004, 04:26 PM
So you praise him with one post and then say he's talking crazy in another. Oh, I get it now. The crazy point spread had to come between 21 points and 27 points....gotcha:nerd: :nerd:

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 04:30 PM
So you praise him with one post and then say he's talking crazy in another. Oh, I get it now. The crazy point spread had to come between 21 points and 27 points....gotcha:nerd: :nerd:

Well Gilmer did in fact lead by 21 a couple of times, so I guess it wasn't that crazy. LOL

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 04:43 PM
If you really want to know my honest unbiased opinion, it is still my contention that Gilmer is 3 or 4 touchdowns better than Jasper this year.

Three interceptions made after Gilmer was leading by 21 points are the kind of things that happen when one team gets that far ahead and make the mistake of going for the jugular rather than just put the game away.

Gilmer could have just handed off to number 7 for the entire second half and won the game handily, but they chose to try and make a statement. It almost backfired. Yes, Jasper played better than I expected, but they also played way above the level that they played when they played Marlin. Surely you admit that Moye played above his head Saturday night, otherwise everyone on this board would have already known who he is. If Jasper plays the way they played against Marlin, and Gilmer does not make the mistake of getting sloppy in the second half, this game could have been lopsided. I know you won't agree with me, but that's the way I see it. And I don't have a single friend in Gilmer or Jasper other than those with nicknames on this board.

Manck
12-19-2004, 05:21 PM
If Gilmer hands off to number 7, they're handing off to their QB. Awkward, but Jasper ran that pitch all night that worked so well.

Gilmer isn't 4 TDs better than Jasper. Jasper's comeback last night is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Jasper's 3 INTs were not flukes, they deserved them. They worked their tails off to get those plays, and if you ever see tape of this game, you'll see that none of them were easy plays just floating in the air.

Jasper never gave up in any aspect of that game.

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Manck

Jasper never gave up in any aspect of that game.

You got that right.

They played with a lot of heart, and they almost pulled off the win.

It was one of the greatest comebacks in hs football, regardless of the win or loss.

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 05:35 PM
If you really want to know my honest unbiased opinion, it is still my contention that Gilmer is 3 or 4 touchdowns better than Jasper this year.

Three interceptions made after Gilmer was leading by 21 points are the kind of things that happen when one team gets that far ahead and make the mistake of going for the jugular rather than just put the game away.

Gilmer could have just handed off to number 7 for the entire second half and won the game handily, but they chose to try and make a statement. It almost backfired. Yes, Jasper played better than I expected, but they also played way above the level that they played when they played Marlin. Surely you admit that Moye played above his head Saturday night, otherwise everyone on this board would have already known who he is. If Jasper plays the way they played against Marlin, and Gilmer does not make the mistake of getting sloppy in the second half, this game could have been lopsided. I know you won't agree with me, but that's the way I see it. And I don't have a single friend in Gilmer or Jasper other than those with nicknames on this board.

You refuse to give Jasper credit for being any good..unreal.

Which offense scored the most touchdowns?? Which defense caused the most turnovers?? Who had the most yards?? And we are 3 or 4 TDs worse..I don't know why you worship Gilmer or hate Jasper but this is too much for me. Is Gilmer better?? Yeah about 2 points! The game is for 48 minutes and every play counts, including the 3 interceptions that we caused by good pressure and great catches on our part. Gilmer is not a running team anyways their offense is the pass..we stepped up and made plays. Our kids have heart. Give Jasper 3 plays that we can take back and maybe this game looks a lot different..here are my nominees.

Play #1 The illegal procedure from the 2 yard line.

Play #2 The bad snap that was recovered and ran in for a touchdown.

Play #3 The two point conversion that wasn't to be.

Sorry the Jasper Bulldogs didn't convince you that we are worthy opponents for Gilmer!

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 05:38 PM

Surely you admit that Moye played above his head Saturday night, otherwise everyone on this board would have already known who he is.

He is a soph. he makes a lot of mistakes. He has done nothing but impress everyone who has seen him play. Believe me you may not of known who he is but I can promise you their are colleges all over the country who already have his name, and if they didn't yesterday I bet they do today.

Our kids have nothing left to prove and I will congratulate Gilmer one last time for a fine 16-0 state championship season.

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 05:52 PM
I never refused to give Jasper credit for anything. I think they were one of the best teams in 3a this year. I just happen to think that Gilmer is better.

Sorry if that offends you.

Hupernikomen
12-19-2004, 06:34 PM
You think Gilmer is 3 or 4 TD better I don't.
We proved on the field we weren't.
More offensive TDs..more caused turnovers...more total yards...we lost by two-points..not 21 not 27...You have the right to be wrong as do I... I am done.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-19-2004, 09:22 PM

I know youve said some good things about Jasper, and i thank you for that.....

But in this post your saying that the only reason we came back is because yall got lazy.

1. If thats true....that they got lazy in the 2nd half, then they need to be stripped of their title. Because...come on....this is the state championship game. You dont need to get lazy, no matter how far ahead you are.

2. My dreams as a player have already been crushed.....dont add insult to injury by saying that the only reason we came back and made those INT's was because their qb got lazy. Because thats not true, you ask Cameron Yoe's QB......they we're behind and we still picked them off.

3. We have a saying in our program, its short and sweet. "you know". We are the only ones who know what we go through. We are in every way equal to this Gilmer team. And you saying that Gilmer is 27 points better than us is a slap in the face to me, my friends who are my team mates, our coaches and our program.

Once again i want to thank you for the good things you observed and said about Jasper. But that doesnt take back what you said about the 27 points. I know you will never be able to see this so im going to stop now. Like i said, No body knows what we do as a team. But you dont have to, cause its our job to show up and let you figure out for yourselves.

Old Cardinal
12-19-2004, 09:34 PM
I saw the Gilmer/Jasper game. My preception was that Gilmer was an excellent low enrollment 3A that won the first half 28-14. What then happened is that Jasper was the best team by a good margin all through the second half. Gilmer was whipped, had the game lasted a quarter or two more Jasper would have continued to become more and more dominating. A very questionable call did not allow Jasper to score the 2-point conversion with 4:24 seconds left. There was a good chance that since the momentum had switched to Jasper all through the second half that the Bulldogs would then have been the Champs via overtime play. To say that Gilmer was the much better team is silly, Jasper being a high enrollment solid team was quite prevailently stronger as the game progressed. Congrats to Gilmer, they had built up enough lead to not be over taken in the timeframe of the contest; any more time allowance and they would have lost the contest to a superior finisher.

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I saw the Gilmer/Jasper game. My preception was that Gilmer was an excellent low enrollment 3A that won the first half 28-14. What then happened is that Jasper was the best team by a good margin all through the second half. Gilmer was whipped, had the game lasted a quarter or two more Jasper would have continued to become more and more dominating. A very questionable call did not allow Jasper to score the 2-point conversion with 4:24 seconds left. There was a good chance that since the momentum had switched to Jasper all through the second half that the Bulldogs would then have been the Champs via overtime play. To say that Gilmer was the much better team is silly, Jasper being a high enrollment solid team was quite prevailently stronger as the game progressed. Congrats to Gilmer, they had built up enough lead to not be over taken in the timeframe of the contest; any more time allowance and they would have lost the contest to a superior finisher.

Now that's some funny stuff right there from the spin doctor himself. :D

PPHSfan
12-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I know youve said some good things about Jasper, and i thank you for that.....

But in this post your saying that the only reason we came back is because yall got lazy.

1. If thats true....that they got lazy in the 2nd half, then they need to be stripped of their title. Because...come on....this is the state championship game. You dont need to get lazy, no matter how far ahead you are.

2. My dreams as a player have already been crushed.....dont add insult to injury by saying that the only reason we came back and made those INT's was because their qb got lazy. Because thats not true, you ask Cameron Yoe's QB......they we're behind and we still picked them off.

3. We have a saying in our program, its short and sweet. "you know". We are the only ones who know what we go through. We are in every way equal to this Gilmer team. And you saying that Gilmer is 27 points better than us is a slap in the face to me, my friends who are my team mates, our coaches and our program.

Once again i want to thank you for the good things you observed and said about Jasper. But that doesnt take back what you said about the 27 points. I know you will never be able to see this so im going to stop now. Like i said, No body knows what we do as a team. But you dont have to, cause its our job to show up and let you figure out for yourselves.

You don't need to put words into my mouth. I never once used the word Lazy, or said anything that could be interpreted as such. As a matter of fact, I don't think "going for the jugular" rather than playing conservative, is anywhere near "lazy". I am sorry your team lost the game. "MY team" lost in round one. I have said repeatedly that I am not from or for Gilmer.

Astrosdawg07
12-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

We Japserrites really appreciate that:cool:

j_dog
12-20-2004, 12:50 AM
The real Gilmer fans have come on this board and given Jasper their justly deserved recognition. Instead of just admitting you were wrong, you amazingly still are trying to defend your crazy wild prediction. :p :eek: :eek: :eek:

pp give it up! you placed your reputation on the line by picking big time against Jasper and dissing Marlin, and you now have less credibility than the AP selection of the all state team!:D :D :p :p :p

Old Cardinal
12-20-2004, 01:07 AM
To PPHS--Did you see the game or are you just babbling again:rolleyes: ...When I was down in New Zealand they would have diagnosed you as "just a little bit loupy":D ....I talked to a number of Buckeye folks after the game and they were just very glad to get out of this game with a 49-47 win: they saw what was happening in the second half!

The Spin Doctor--that diagnosed you as "Loupy":rolleyes:

PPHSfan
12-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Wouldn't that be Loopy?

LST_Terry
12-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Gilmer is not a small enrollment 3A team..they were 4A not long ago..

HighSchool Fan
12-20-2004, 03:06 AM
Get over it everyone, the game is over. Gilmer won. The point spread doesn't make a difference unless you belive in moral victories. Gilmer is the 2004 3A Div II Champions. You don't have to deal with it, you have to live with it.

JasperDog94
12-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Dude, ease up. What else are we going to talk about? Take a chill pill.;)

Old Cardinal
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
To PPHS: The word for half-a-bubble-off in the language of the Maori's(indigenous people of New Zealand-about 10% of the population) is "loupy" not loopy. You ought to visit New Zealand it is a beautiful country with football games that are similar to Rugby.

PPHSfan
12-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Wouldn't that be Maoris?:D

cunbed10
12-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Wouldn't that be Maoris?:D Exactly, what are you referring to when you say if Jasper plays like they Did against Marlin, hell they won the game handlily and they have a great squad, Marlin was out manned, and we did what we could with Jasper and like most schools did all year, Lossed to a good team that you thought under achieved. The shots to Marlin, we can take, I mean with can Dish out as well as take trash talking, I for one found it amusing, with the MOnkey Stomped, and apparently other posters did also, but I didn't mind I come from a place where trash talking is king, but riddle me this PPHS fan, Would Pilot Point be able to beat Marlin, NOpe! and they sure as hell could stay on the field with Jasper or Gilmer so Pilot Point went out in the first round, I haven't once heard anyone say, Pilot Point ******************

NOTE: Those types of comments will not be tolerated... slpybear

PPHSfan
12-21-2004, 07:31 PM
I don't remember bringing Pilot Point into this conversation, other than when I said that I was not a Gilmer fan.

As for PP beating Marlin. Who knows. I do know that last year we played Atlanta a lot tougher than Marlin did.:D

Bullaholic
12-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't remember bringing Pilot Point into this conversation, other than when I said that I was not a Gilmer fan.

As for PP beating Marlin. Who knows. I do know that last year we played Atlanta a lot tougher than Marlin did.:D

PPHSfan.....Marlin would "monkey stomp" PP by 27 points because Old Card says that when Marlin's left tackle has his jersey out, Marlin runs a double-reverse flea-flicker.:D

PPHSfan
12-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Well Old Cardinal told us that West Orange Stark, or the team that beat them would win it all this year too. :D

Bullaholic
12-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Well Old Cardinal told us that West Orange Stark, or the team that beat them would win it all this year too. :D

OMG, you never get enough.....O.k., how bout' this--Do you think Gilmer and/or Jasper could beat Abilene-Wylie?

PPHSfan
12-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
OMG, you never get enough.....O.k., how bout' this--Do you think Gilmer and/or Jasper could beat Abilene-Wylie?

I think they could BOTH beat Abilene Wylie.:D

Bullaholic
12-21-2004, 08:03 PM
I think they could BOTH beat Abilene Wylie.:D

Fine...now you can't travel safely to either EAST or WEST Texas. I'm going to have to alert G2 that his safety is really in jeopardy now when he rides with you in any direction. What a crusader you are....

PPHSfan
12-21-2004, 08:11 PM
I ain't skeered. And neither is G2. We travel with a pretty large crew.:D

PPHSfan
12-21-2004, 08:13 PM
I met all of the Marlin coaches the week AFTER the Jasper game. They did not try to pound me. They were in AWE of the fact that they were in the same room as me. :D

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2004, 08:14 PM
I met all of the Marlin coaches the week AFTER the Jasper game. They did not try to pound me. They were in AWE of the fact that they were in the same room as me. :D

:rolleyes: ;)

Bullaholic
12-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: ;)

LHP Mom, please tell me I won't be like this after 4000 posts.....

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2004, 08:42 PM
I doubt it Bull. I honestly believe there is one & only one PPHSfan. WHEW! :D

j/k PPHS :)

j_dog
12-21-2004, 10:06 PM
ROFL !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now we know where that "get a room" comment came from! :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

My apologies to the Marlin coaches, for they knew not what they did! ;) Bet they watch what company they keep more carefully in the future! :D

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
ROFL !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now we know where that "get a room" comment came from! :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

My apologies to the Marlin coaches, for they knew not what they did! ;) Bet they watch what company they keep more carefully in the future! :D

ROFLMAO! :clap: :clap:

cunbed10
12-22-2004, 08:48 AM
I met all of the Marlin coaches the week AFTER the Jasper game. They did not try to pound me. They were in AWE of the fact that they were in the same room as me. :D Actually I introduced PPHSfan to the Marlin Coaches, I recall the coaches looking at you and continuing with their conversation:D

YBS
12-22-2004, 09:23 AM
My bet was not an insult to your program. If nothing else it helped motivate your program.

How does a bet on a MB motivate a program of kids & coaches that probably don't read this?

YBS
12-22-2004, 09:34 AM

Gilmer could have just handed off to number 7 for the entire second half and won the game handily,

Wow... I thought I was biased. someone already invalidated this statement. You stepped somewhere you shouldn't have, and got embarassed cuz you were wrong. Come now...3 or 4 touchdowns. i respected you more as a fan than that b4 that comment.

Bullaholic
12-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by YBS
Wow... I thought I was biased. someone already invalidated this statement. You stepped somewhere you shouldn't have, and got embarassed cuz you were wrong. Come now...3 or 4 touchdowns. i respected you more as a fan than that b4 that comment.

YBS.....I'm going to give you a little insight into PPHSfan. Believe me when I tell you he is VERY knowlegeable when it comes to high school football, is a great fan, and respects all teams, coaches, and players at all times. He just has a lot of "fun" getting a "rise" out of many of us with his outrageous posts. I know he appreciates it the most when someone actually matches "wits" with him--which doesn't occur very often---he's the best. Anyhow, PPHSfan is more than capable of stating his own case, but I hate to see anyone start to state that they "disrespect" anyone on the Downlow, when I don't believe incurring someone's disrespect was ever the intent.

YBS
12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
YBS.....I'm going to give you a little insight into PPHSfan. Believe me when I tell you he is VERY knowlegeable when it comes to high school football, is a great fan, and respects all teams, coaches, and players at all times. He just has a lot of "fun" getting a "rise" out of many of us with his outrageous posts. I know he appreciates it the most when someone actually matches "wits" with him--which doesn't occur very often---he's the best. Anyhow, PPHSfan is more than capable of stating his own case, but I hate to see anyone start to state that they "disrespect" anyone on the Downlow, when I don't believe incurring someone's disrespect was ever the intent.

I appreciate the insight Bull...I'm saying I lost some respect for him w/ his comment. I see that he's knowledgeable about football, no doubt. He didn't have the facts on Jasper or was making an "honest" falsehood on Jasper "just to get a rise" out of us. Either way he decided to stick by his comment, and comes across as unknowledgeable even after the facts are there. I rather enjoy his banter but the comment that Gilmer is still a 28-point stronger team usurps his credibility on general principle.

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I appreciate the insight Bull...I'm saying I lost some respect for him w/ his comment. I see that he's knowledgeable about football, no doubt. He didn't have the facts on Jasper or was making an "honest" falsehood on Jasper "just to get a rise" out of us. Either way he decided to stick by his comment, and comes across as unknowledgeable even after the facts are there. I rather enjoy his banter but the comment that Gilmer is still a 28-point stronger team usurps his credibility on general principle.

And I suppose that Miami is two points better than New England because of Monday Night?:D

JasperDog94
12-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I appreciate the insight Bull...I'm saying I lost some respect for him w/ his comment. I see that he's knowledgeable about football, no doubt. He didn't have the facts on Jasper or was making an "honest" falsehood on Jasper "just to get a rise" out of us. Either way he decided to stick by his comment, and comes across as unknowledgeable even after the facts are there. I rather enjoy his banter but the comment that Gilmer is still a 28-point stronger team usurps his credibility on general principle. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PPHSfan
12-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by YBS I appreciate the insight Bull...I'm saying I lost some respect for him w/ his comment. I see that he's knowledgeable about football, no doubt. He didn't have the facts on Jasper or was making an "honest" falsehood on Jasper "just to get a rise" out of us. Either way he decided to stick by his comment, and comes across as unknowledgeable even after the facts are there. I rather enjoy his banter but the comment that Gilmer is still a 28-point stronger team usurps his credibility on general principle.

To which FACTS are you refering?

I can give you a few facts.

Fact #1: Gilmer led Jasper by 21 points on three different occasions. 21-0, 28-6, and 35-14.

Fact #2: Jasper closed the gap off three interceptions.

Fact #3: The only time Jasper was able to stop Gilmer's offense was on the turnovers.

JasperDog94
12-22-2004, 11:25 PM
That's how you win football games.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Lets stop bickering over it......arguing isn't going to put a ring on my finger.....so what....we got some bad calls that possibly cost us the win. But everything comes back to you, who knows....maybe next year we'll get the favorable calls in the state game. That WILL put a ring on my finger. It's off season now, lets hit the weights....well...most of you dont do that...but you get what i'm saying.

YBS
12-24-2004, 11:53 AM
To which FACTS are you refering?

I can give you a few facts.

Fact #1: Gilmer led Jasper by 21 points on three different occasions. 21-0, 28-6, and 35-14.

Fact #2: Jasper closed the gap off three interceptions.

Fact #3: The only time Jasper was able to stop Gilmer's offense was on the turnovers.

I'm sorry PPHSfan, what was your point? For a second I thought you were disagreeing w/ me...b/c you know...a lotta times in football teams stop other teams by producing turnovers since turnovers are better than stopping the other team on three & outs and then having them punt you the ball

YBS
12-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Lets stop bickering over it......arguing isn't going to put a ring on my finger.....so what....we got some bad calls that possibly cost us the win. But everything comes back to you, who knows....maybe next year we'll get the favorable calls in the state game. That WILL put a ring on my finger. It's off season now, lets hit the weights....well...most of you dont do that...but you get what i'm saying.

JHS you're smart way beyond your years, and I commend the class you've displayed even beyond the subject of this game. New Year's Resolution...I won't talk about the game AT LENGTH on this board during 2005. Pinky swear :nerd:

PPHSfan
12-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I'm sorry PPHSfan, what was your point? For a second I thought you were disagreeing w/ me...b/c you know...a lotta times in football teams stop other teams by producing turnovers since turnovers are better than stopping the other team on three & outs and then having them punt you the ball

You didn't answer my question.

To which FACTS were you refering when you said I lost credibility?

Skate around the question all you want, or just answer it.

I produced three FACTS.

You have not produced ONE, but you claim that you have facts that make me some kind of loon.

YBS
12-24-2004, 12:43 PM
You didn't answer my question.

To which FACTS were you refering when you said I lost credibility?

Skate around the question all you want, or just answer it.

I produced three FACTS.

You have not produced ONE, but you claim that you have facts that make me some kind of loon.

If we must....

The FACT is that Jasper is a better team than you estimated. Just b/c a team is down at ANY point of a game by ANY margin doesn't mean that their that much worst than the opposing team. You say Jasper "stayed" in the game by producing turnovers...Jasper MADE plays b/c they're a talented team and came back. Jasper put pressure on Johnson in the 2nd half, and he couldn't handle it and threw interceptions. Gilmer isn't a strong run team, and had to play to their talents. The "FACT" that Jasper was down is no more revelant than the fact that Gilmer was outscored in the 2nd half. Does that mean that Jasper should've been a 2nd half 3 or 4 touchdown favorite? NO, b/c that statement would make no sense, and neither does this argument. Let it go. Jasper was just as talented as Gilmer and deserved to win or at least play to the 2 point deficit where the game ended.

One more fact for ya...UIL has apologized for an inaccurate call on the 2-point conversion :doh:

Ranger Mom
12-24-2004, 12:49 PM
WOW!! I can't believe this is still being discussed!!

"Tis the season to be jolly" Fa-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la!!:D

YBS
12-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! I can't believe this is still being discussed!!

"Tis the season to be jolly" Fa-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la!!:D

Me either...I'm done.