PDA

View Full Version : Midland Greenwood Coach

Cameronbystander
12-18-2004, 09:22 PM
I am for Ranger MOM to be the new coach at Greenwood. She knows football and loves the kids. What a coup that would be for Greenwood. This could even bring a sequel to Friday Night Lights.

Ranger Mom
12-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but they don't let the coaches have noise makers on the sidelines.........don't think I could stand that!!

Cameronbystander
12-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Have you heard that there might be an opening?

Ranger Mom
12-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
Have you heard that there might be an opening?

Yeah....I've heard some "chatter"!!

Cameronbystander
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I guess it's not a secret then. Based on what I was told the coach has resigned. I don't know any of the situation but the person I heard it from knew with absolute certainty.

westTXbest
12-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Havent heard anything from my bro but i hope its true!!

lobo12
12-18-2004, 11:51 PM
you know he cant be doing too bad of a job leading a team to a state championship and could have easily won it. i dont care how talented you are you cant go to state without a good coaching staff

westTXbest
12-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Three good coaches got them there not the head coach !!!

lobo12
12-19-2004, 12:35 AM
???????????

westTXbest
12-19-2004, 12:36 AM
Like i said lobo 12 u have to live here and go here !!!

lobo12
12-19-2004, 12:36 AM
never mind thought iread somethin else, but the head coach has to have somethin to do with it cuz he is whothe assistant coaches listen too, that is just my opinion

lobo12
12-19-2004, 12:39 AM
i think every coach has a reason for putting certain players in the game, maybe he felt like he needed certain people more on d so he rested them. u know what i mean, cuz i know what your talkin bout with the politics with the kid with the certain last name playin in front of someone you are partial too, i understand what your talkin about though, pm me your thoughts cuz i have some of my own???

Green Ranger
12-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Like westTXbest has stated, you would have to live there and know what is going on to understand. It is not just a few coaches it is an admin and a couple of the board who are doing things they shouldnt do. If the right people are removed I would gladly come back to a loving community I come to know as Greenwood. If Purser has infact resigned, and I dont know that to be true at the same time I am not near there, it was probably pressure from higher up. I wish him and his wife the best in what ever they do.

Wtx_coach
12-19-2004, 05:35 PM
PURSER was the best coach to ever walk the earth when you guys were in the finals 2 years ago, now you guys trash him, lol, fans that dont know much make me laugh!

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-19-2004, 05:45 PM
ill be straight up honest w/ the crowd, i dont know much about purser, or the greenwood school system, has he done anything that would bring disgrace upon his team or that school? if not then i dont see what the big deal w/ having him as a coach is. if its because he hasnt been involved in any negative activities, and the members of the board whom are forcing him out (provided the rumors are true) need to have a morality check. this is just my two cents looking in from the outside, if someone would be so kind as to enlighten me on the situation please...

Green Ranger
12-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Alright, I am not trying to bash Purser. I know him better than the majority of the people on this board. He is one of few coaches I have ever seen who will helped a muddy/wet injured player off the field by getting under their arm with a trainer on the other side. I would agree that is he the best Coach Greenwood has ever had. My problem is with an admin at the HS. Numerous things that should be reported to higher ups and he doesnt do it, pushing teachers out of the school becuase they are doing their job. If Purser could put down his foot and be his own self he would be the best. I really do wish Purser the best, but in their play-off game there were some questionable coaching calls, but yes he is the coach and I am not. If Purser does infact leave I hope Liles would come back, I think he would do good and get Greenwood back on track. Unless you live in Greenwood, you will just have to believe me in that things could be better.

westTXbest
12-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Wtx Coach no one ever thought of him like that or said stuff like that, believe me the kids know how they got there and the people do to. I dont kno when or what your talking about cause no one ahs ever though that believe me.

Wtx_coach
12-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Im really just trying to let you guys know what that man has done for Greenwood football, as fas as politics, guys that stuff goes on in almost every small town.

As far as playcalling goes, if the play works your a hero if it dont your very dumb, thats the fun of coaching LOL

lobo12
12-19-2004, 11:27 PM
its always fun second guessing when your not the one who has to make the play calls

vet93
12-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I am going to have to call BS on alot of the stuff you are spewing out on this matter. First...I have watched Greenwood for awhile and have seen them play more than most. I don't have the biased eye of someone who "lives" there. Your statements cheapen High School athletics and Greenwoods run to the finals at the same time. By saying in another post that Greenwood would have won a couple of championships if not for Purser, then you are saying that someone (anyone) could have coached them to a state championship. I am sorry....the Greenwood athletes were good a few years back....but they were not that good. The teams that I saw play were fundamentally sound, hustled and played disciplined football. Had they not played that way...they would not have made it to the finals. The attributes that I mentioned come from good coaching. There might have been 3 good coaches...as you put it...but those coaches are supervised, hired etc....by the head coach. To not give him credit for some of the success (not all) is ridiculous. Using your logic....any community that has a good group of atheletes could win a championship....maybe even some of the parents or a peewee league coach could have coached them to a state championship....I am sure some of the parents think that was the case or we wouldn't be hearing from people like you on this matter. You do not get to the state championship game without dang good "head" coaching. The year after the finals run Greenwood had all kinds of injuries....I suppose that the injuries were the coaches fault too? Maybe you don't agree with Pursers coaching style or play calling but he and his staff do a dang good job of coaching and to say anything different sounds like a parent or family member with an ax to grind. This is from someone who is not caught up in the politics of the town but has admired the job that the coaches and players have done the past few years.

Originally posted by westTXbest
Wtx Coach no one ever thought of him like that or said stuff like that, believe me the kids know how they got there and the people do to. I dont kno when or what your talking about cause no one ahs ever though that believe me.