PDA

View Full Version : 69-0,24-0,50-0

bulldog65
12-03-2002, 07:41 PM
These are playoff halftime scores! I have to chuckle over some of these posts. Seems like every team Everman has defeated is "easy". I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Everman makes it look easy. The offense is leading the entire state in 5A,4A,3A,2A, AND 1A in points scored per game. They have achieved this with most of their starters sitting out the second half. The starting defense has not been scored on since the Kennedale game. If Forney makes it to halftime either with a lead or keeps it close, then yes, I'll say they have a chance to win. If they turn the ball over, or have special teams miscues, then "Goodnight Sweet Prince", it's over. This group definitely knows how to find the endzone.

Chris Hart
12-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Everman's playoff opponents may not have been all that good, but those #'s are impressive against anybody. Everman is still the State champs until they are beaten. That may not happen this year, if it does, it will take a GREAT team to do it!

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

rholl
12-03-2002, 08:02 PM
69-0 (Lake Dallas)it was a terrible draw for them...they squeezed into the playoffs and it showed early and often. 24-0 (Abilene Wylie) they were billed as a decent team who could surprise Everman if they weren't ready. At halftime I headed to the hunting stand. 50-0 (Monahans) billed as plain vanilla offense but a rough and rugged defense that had improved steadily all year. Now granted fumbles took them out of this game early but I think there was a little bit of a reason behind those fumbles (Everman defense)....even after Everman takes over on those possesions...3 4 or 5 plays later they find the endzone against a good defense. Forney remains to be seen...I do know one thing though....I'm looking forward to seeing #8 play....I've been hearing nothing but good things about him for several weeks now!!! Wendsday Thursday and Friday can't go by fast enough!!!!!!!!!

BigDog
12-03-2002, 09:09 PM
Get Real!!!

Everman is a good team no question! However, you should get real on those scores! Everman only played one team with a winning record during the regular season Kennedale and lost 42-33. Their 1st round game against Lake Dallas was a joke - Lake Dallas had a losing record 3-8. There 2nd and 3rd round games were against weak West Texas schools as well! So don't go around thinking those scores mean a darn thing. Because if you do we shoudn't even play the game - Forney Wins!

Kennedale beat Everman 42-33
Crandall beat Kennedale 30-16
Forney beat Crandall 22-0

There, based on that Forney beats Everman!

PPHSfan
12-03-2002, 09:19 PM
BigDog:
Get Real!!!

There, based on that Forney beats Everman!Hmmm, Based on those figures and if my math is correct...Forney should Beat Everman 45-0 :p

But I think it will be more like 21-17.
:D
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1038798539012_Forney.JPG

JACKRABBITS
12-03-2002, 09:21 PM
finally someone agrees wit what i was saying all along...everman hasnt played a damn team this yr...well, kennedale and we all know how that game went...their district is one of da worst...all da teams are no good...so they get no competition there...and they get a 1st round playoff team prolly alot of 2a teams can beat...and monanhans werent any good...but region 1 has da least talent of da 4 regions in d1...so everman blows by them as would forney...so this is their 1st real test...but that all bein said, everman is still a good team...but so is forney...and if forney wins, i dont think it would be an upset by any means...just because they kill all these week fort worth teams all yr doesnt mean anything to me...how bout they play someone...

and if this is a close game like last yr, they need to think bout playin this game for a few yrs in non district and see how it goes...becuse jus hearin those 2 teams on the same field means its gonna be a hell of a game...

peace

Old Cardinal
12-03-2002, 09:41 PM
I get a kick out of this posturing- Forney, Everman, and Jasper have all played nothing but sorry teams. How silly for the South Texas posters and many others to continue to bombard with the thought that only Burnet has played anyone....I think that Forney, Everman and Jasper have played some very good teams-the difference is that they score heavy and shutout some very fine teams. That did not make those teams weak all of a sudden, it made it apparent who will end up playing in the finals!

wildstangs
12-03-2002, 09:52 PM

Well Ballinger beat Kennedale
Wylie beat Ballinger
Everman smoked Wylie

My point is that observation is useless. All Kennedale did with that fluke win was wake up a sleeping giant.

Rabbit'93
12-03-2002, 09:56 PM
first of all JACKRABBIT you sound like the ignorant 12 yr old that you probably are. Quit butchering the language. Second, if Everman wasn't any good, they wouldn't be here. Regardless of who they have played the boys are good. Lastly, I want to apologize for JACKRABBIT. He's new here and he doesn't know how we Forney people operate on the board yet. I encourage my fellow Forney posters to set this young man straight.

About the game. I see this being another defensive game. Both teams will have to execute to perfection or the other will make them pay. I have the feeling that this year belongs to Forney. We're due, I believe. That being said
Forney 17
Everman 14

justanopinion
12-03-2002, 10:40 PM
I apologize for JACKRABBIT also. Everman is a very talented and strong team. The game will be a dog fight. EVERMAN IS VERY GOOD!!!!! Realize this. Everyone else has.

Matthew328
12-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Actually Lawton Ike had a winning record in Oklahoma Class 6A and Monahans and Wylie both had winning records as well in the playoffs..

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2002, 09:38 AM
Bulldog65...I admit that those scores are very impressive, but at the same time, none of those teams has a defense even comparable to Forney. Forney's D has been one of the best in 3A this year. We gave up 30 points to Wilmer-Hutchins, but that was with our third string in the game. We've played some very good offenses in the season, and shut them down. Although Everman does have an amazing offense, I don't see any way that Everman racks up the score even close to what they have in other playoff games.

CLOCKCHOKE
12-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Everman will beat Forney by 21 points. Its apparent some of you did not keep up with the current affairs during the games that were mentioned. To begin with, kennedale played Crandall the very first game of the season. It was pure chaos for the Kennedale team. People were playing out of position and big changes were made, although the Crandall team was very good. When Everman played Kennedale, first game in district play, Everman had just beaten a 4A team that was ranked 2nd behind Denton Ryan in the Tarrant County area. Everman came in over confident and the Kennedale coaches had the best game plan I have seen in a long time. Everman took the loss and made some needed changes and has been unstoppable. My understanding from a friend in Crandall, when Forney played Crandall, Crandall had 4 starting key players injured and could not play. It's foolish to regard games played early in the season to rationalize the outcome of an upcoming game, they are not the same teams. So, again, the Dawgs by 21 points to reprensent the"weak disrict".

bulldog65
12-04-2002, 07:17 PM
To crzyjournalist03: (what a handle!)
First let me say I have a great deal of respect for Forney. I like reading the posts on the Down Low, but I feel too many people let their emotions get away from them sometimes. I'm a numbers guy, I like studying stats and trends and such. I feel we are meeting the best opponent from Reg 2, and that is how it should be, the winner goes to the State Championship game. I also feel that the way they are playing now, Everman is much better than last year, and they did ok then. When you put up numbers better than Southlake Carroll, or Denton Ryan, or Ennis,or even Highland Park, by golly that is something to be proud of. I know Forney has the best Defense we have faced all year, but Everman is the best Offense and possibly the best Defense Forney has faced this year. It should make a heck of a game!!!

2001 Forney D 91 pts in 12 games 7.6ppg
2002 " " 157 pts in 13 games 12ppg

2001 Forney O 537pts in 12 games 44.7ppg
2002 " " 409pts in 13 games 31.4ppg

2001 Everman D 123pts in 15 games 8.2ppg
2002 " " 105 pts in 13 games 8.0ppg

2001 Everman O 640 pts in 15 games 42.7ppg
2002 " " 675 pts in 13 games 52.0ppg

Good luck and may both teams play great and injury free!!

Tank58
12-04-2002, 07:31 PM
EVERMAN IS A DANG GOOD TEAM GOOD PLAYERS AND COACH AND THAT MAKES AND THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND EVERYBODY THEY BEAT.

PPHSfan
12-04-2002, 08:19 PM
Tank58:
EVERMAN IS A DANG GOOD TEAM GOOD PLAYERS AND COACH AND THAT MAKES AND THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND EVERYBODY THEY BEAT.What a silly post. If that is true, I have one question for you, and please answer it for me.

Question: What is the difference between Everman and the teams that have beaten them? :p

slpybear the bullfan
12-05-2002, 12:06 AM
Go BULLS-dogs!!!

Go Brid..er.. uh.. EVERMAN! BEAT FORNEY!

Sorry guys, gotta get in here and cheer SOMEBODY on in the playoffs.

Get 'em dogs..

bulldog65
12-05-2002, 05:13 AM
Welcome aboard slpy! We would love to have someone of fine moral character, uh, tremendous football knowledge, uh, great financial resources, uh, well anyways, thanks. :) :) :)

crzyjournalist03
12-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Well bulldog, it sounds like we have a lot in common. I study statistics constantly because I find them intriguing. I also know that statistics can sometimes be very deceiving. I'm not doubting that Everman is much improved, but I do not agree with the statistic that Forney's defense was better last year than this year. We've had two games where we gave up a relatively high amount of points, but those two games were games in which we scored a lot more points than we usually do. Essentially, those games were old-fashioned shootouts. But look at the scores that Forney's defense has come up with in the playoffs: Wills Point scored 16, Carthage scored 6, and Atlanta scored 7. These weren't shabby offensive teams, but obviously none of them can compare with Everman. I still insist that this is going to be a very close game, and I expect it to be decided in the fourth quarter.