PDA

View Full Version : A Little Baseball Talk

Bellville22
03-22-2003, 02:20 AM
With district play upon us, let's talk some baseball. Anything interesting that could have an effect on the way things play out this year. Any sleepers, disappointments so far? And who do y'all like right now to make a run at the title?

I'll start it off w/ my favorites...

LaGrange: Have been playing very good ball lately. Great pitching, just about everyone knows about Homer Bailey, the future draft pick, most know of Colter Zoch, who's been pitching well again this year, but from what i hear, there's another kid that has stepped up, Kozelsky I believe, and he has been pitching very well. If I'm not mistaken, they're all juniors as well...scary. They've always put runs on the board, this year should be no different. Right now, they're my pick to win it all.

Sinton: Alaniz is back, as well as alot of people from the championship team I think. They should definately be in the mix again.

Sealy: Somewhat of a sleeper pick I guess. They haven't been playing as well as everyone expected, but I look for them to put it together. Tremendous pitching, two guys that can bring it in the 90's, one heading to Rice, and a third pitcher who is a lefty, who might be the smartest pitcher of the bunch. Not great offense, but I think they have the pitching to keep them in the game against anyone. Looking down the road, could be a great Region 3 matchup between Sealy and LaGrange that would be well worth the price of admission.

Don't know a whole lot about the teams outside this area, so let me hear what y'all think.