PDA

View Full Version : Game Day

Bullaholic
12-18-2004, 09:56 AM
It's Game Day....no more talking---no more hype....time to put it all out on the field. For those of us who have never done it---I wonder what it will be like today at 5:00 to be an 15-18 year old kid suited up and waiting in the tunnel with your teammates to enter an arena full of thousands of screaming fans to try and claim one of the most prestegious high school athletic titles in the land---a Texas High School Football State Championship. I know the kids of both Gilmer and Jasper come from two fine programs that have prepared them for this moment, and they know what is expected of them. Best of Luck to both teams tonight for an injury-free, clean, hard-fought contest. I just wish they could both take home the trophy.

j_dog
12-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Good post! In a few hours I will be off to the game. I think we are going to see some surprises today! :)

Astrosdawg07
12-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
It's Game Day....no more talking---no more hype....time to put it all out on the field. For those of us who have never done it---I wonder what it will be like today at 5:00 to be a 15-18 year old kid suited up and waiting in the tunnel with your teammates to enter an arena full of thousands of screaming fans to try and claim one of the most prestegious high school athletic titles in the land---a Texas High School Football State Championship. I know the kids of both Gilmer and Jasper come from two fine programs that has prepared them for this moment, and they know what is expected of them. Best of Luck to both teams tonight for an injury-free, clean, hard-fought contest. I just wish they could both take home the trophy.

AND A JASPER WIN!!!GO DAWGS!!!!!

NSUTrumpet08
12-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, i'll be at the game and it will be a great game! Whoever wins the championship game, well congratulations to them. I hope it's Jasper but if it's Gilmer well then congratulations to them. As Bullaholic said, these are two fine, outstanding programs and i hope their crowds get behind each team. May the best team win and good luck!

j_dog
12-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
Well, i'll be at the game and it will be a great game! Whoever wins the championship game, well congratulations to them. I hope it's Jasper but if it's Gilmer well then congratulations to them. As Bullaholic said, these are two fine, outstanding programs and i hope their crowds get behind each team. May the best team win and good luck!

Well said. Good luck to Jasper, and good luck to Gilmer, just a little bit less! ;)