PDA

View Full Version : DII State Title PReview Show

LST_Terry
12-17-2004, 04:35 AM
The show is up...talk to coach Vallery from Kilgore and I also put up the pre-game coaches interviews for Jasper and Gilmer. Josh Manck joins me after the interviews and we break down all the DII games. Hope you enjoy. Just click the link below nd it is the first article.

LONE STAR TEAMS (http://www.lonestarteams.com)

spiveyrat
12-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Working til the wee hours, eh? :eek:

Hupernikomen
12-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Nice job Terry and Josh. Seems you guys know a whole lot about Gilmer but very little about Jasper. Your assessments all seemed pretty judicious and fair. I am quite certain there are a many Gilmer fan who secretly expects this game to be a runaway, but I am hoping the speed and athleticism of Jasper will match-up and prevail. One reason Jasper hasn't thrown the ball much of late is because they haven't had to. I saw us work on the passing game all season long before the playoffs. I saw one game in particular against Shepherd where we looked awesome throwing the ball. I think we can have some success in the air if we need to throw it. I am hoping we don't. To me I believe this game will come down to turnovers. If Jasper can limit the number of fumbles that messes up so many drives and cause a few turnovers against Gilmer's high octane offense I believe we have a good chance of winning. I think we will grind away at the clock in this game because Gilmer has to much speed to run away from like we have done in a few other games this year. Gilmer has to hit the scoreboard early and often or the Bulldogs will gain confidence. This is going to be a fun game to watch. Hope I am there early enough that I don't have to sit on the grass.

(#11 name is Gilder not Glider--he does run like a Glider though...and #2 is Patton not Patterson...good job on the preview show.)

LST_Terry
12-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Glad u enjoyed the show, sorry about the names pronounced wrong.