PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard the latest juice from Victor Conte in last week's ESPN the Mag???

big daddy russ
12-16-2004, 05:36 PM
If you've heard all the junk that's flying around about BALCO and want to know the truth, this is about the closest I've found to the real truth out of everything I've read. Steroids in baseball, in the Olympics, Conte seems to be up front about everyone he dealt with.

For anyone wondering, Conte founded the Bay Area Lab Co-op, otherwise known as BALCO, that was recently raided for distributing steroids to pro athletes such as Barry Bonds, Gary Sheffield and Jason Giambi.

This is the first chance I've had to read last week's issue, but it's a must-read. I'm sure he's exaggerated on some of the things, but it seems like the most straightforward account of what's actually happened.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-16-2004, 05:44 PM
steroids are over rated. no i dont know that from use, nevere have and never will touch them. but i can tell you all you need to improve is heart, determination and enough elbow grease to last you a while. i have no respect for those who use roids to improve themselves. i have never seen any reason, medical aside, for someone to need to use roids to bulk up.

Rabbit'93
12-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
steroids are over rated. no i dont know that from use, nevere have and never will touch them. but i can tell you all you need to improve is heart, determination and enough elbow grease to last you a while. i have no respect for those who use roids to improve themselves. i have never seen any reason, medical aside, for someone to need to use roids to bulk up.

Sometimes heart and determination are not enough. Especially at the pro level. Some athletes can only get better/stronger with performance enhancers. I don't condone the use of these drugs and like you I don't have much respect for these guys, but when it comes to $$$$, some people will try anything.