PDA

View Full Version : Midland Greenwood

SuperFan#1
12-16-2004, 12:14 PM
I have heard rumors that Purser is leaving.

Black_Magic
12-16-2004, 12:24 PM
About a month ago. It has been talked about for 3-4 weeks now. Dont know anything for sure. could be just a rumor though. Its always that way with many programs after the season

Green Ranger
12-16-2004, 01:39 PM
For the two years I was in Greenwood, Purser said he was leaving. So in part this is nothing new, and I couldnt tell you about this year but I dont think he is going anywhere and if he does he will retire. I think Purser is a good guy, but even he joked when he was one of the finalist for the San Angelo Central job. He is a small school coach and there is nothing wrong with that. Nothing against any of the coaches out there, but I think Greenwood needs a make over in several places other than the coaches to get that school back on track.

Jet1
12-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Heard the Supt. was an a$$. Him and Purser do not get along. This have anything to do with it.

Green Ranger
12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
The SI is a great guy! In fact, he saved my butt. The thing is Greenwood is it is the small school varsity blues mentality - win at all cost. I will say somethings are more important that football and winning. There are some people on the board and an admin or two that need to go.

Ranger Mom
12-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Since I live here...I think I am gonna keep my mouth shut - for once!!:D

Green Ranger
12-17-2004, 04:07 PM
This from another forum:

Quote:
Originally posted by ESPN
OUR NETWORK IS HEARING THE SAME THING, AND WE HAVE DISPATCHED CHRIS BERMAN TO WEST TEXAS TO SEE IF THIS IS REALLY TRUE. LOOK FOR CHRIS TO BE THERE SOON, YOU CAN'T MISS HIM, CHUBBY GUY, BALDING, AND RIDING AROUND IN HIS CUSTOM ESPN VAN!

we are allready here(sorry espn) and have some news. it seems that coach P. may have 1 primary reason for considering to retire. a 'reliable' source has told us that he does not see 'eye to eye' with the supt. ofcourse that is not big news for any coach, but this situation could be off the charts. great place here just outside of midland, great kids. lots of tradition, nice community.

They (purser and a certain admin who needs to leave as well) pushed alot of good faculty out of there. I still have respect for Purser but again they need to realize that there is more to football that winning and putting kids in harms way. I love and miss the community and would willing move back in a heart beat if you get read of some coaches and some admin.

westTXbest
12-17-2004, 08:18 PM
I think it is time for coach P. to go, and i not going to say what i really want to say. A new coach would give a lot of kids an oppurtunity and probably more wins and more kids trying out. I heard hes leaving in jan, Green Ranger there does need to be changes out here its to political for the players, we need a kent jackson or a Sandifer!!!!!!!

westTXbest
12-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Lets just say that Greenwood could have gone to State 2 out of the last 4 years, Talent wise!! U would just have to go to Greenwood and live here to understand, there is alot of people who arent happy with the football program.