PDA

View Full Version : Sealy/LG predictions?

Gobbla2001
11-09-2003, 02:21 PM
I know Sealy won the first one, but my feeling is that La Grange is much improved (as well as Sealy)... I really have a hard time making a prediction on this one...

So what do you guys think?

LG-all-the-way
11-09-2003, 02:37 PM
I would have to say this is going to be a close one however I'll take LG to be on top @ the end. it's going to be a full house at home and a very exciting game to watch I can't wait.. GOOD LUCK LEPS!!

lepfan
11-09-2003, 03:52 PM
I gotta go with LG!!!! It will be a tough game...I will wait to post my score prediction until later :D

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Gobbla, once again you are right on...La Grange is a better team than the one that barely lost in September to Sealy. But it is more than that really. La Grange is a different team now. In September we did not have the O Line or D Line assignments established. Since then the big TE #88 Stiffler who was used mostly for blocking, has been moved to Right Tackle (now #70) and the former RT #64 Hickle is the center. It was the small size in center that kept causing turnovers on the exchange with noseguards constantly intruding on Anderle in the backfield (cost us 7 points in the Sealy game... the center got jammed by two big Sealy DTs and the snap went on the ground for a Sealy td). Now with a 280 lb hoss at center and a 250 lb RT with the speed and blocking abilities to make huge holes the heavier and more balanced Lep O line has dominated in every game since Sealy. Even with Giddings the O line outplayed the Buffs...that game really was lost more by special team errors than anything else (although there were many other errors to spread the blame around). On defense these same two big guys go in for goal line stands and crucial 3rd down situations and have been very effective there as well. Finally, with improved pass protection from the new line configuration, the Lep passing game has now developed into a potent threat, much more so than in game 3. If Sealy defends the run like they did in September the Leps will strike through the air. I really like La Grange's chances against a very strong and well coached Sealy team. It should be a real exciting game and unfortunately only one of these teams will advance. I will, of course, go with the Leps by 7 points. Let's all hope for a clean injury free game. :)

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Tiger Turtle
11-10-2003, 11:02 AM
It is very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season. I am sure that LG has improved during the season since losing to Sealy the first time. Sealy is a different team philosophically since then. Early in the season they relied mostly on putting up lots of points early and outscoring their opponents. Now they tend to control the clock with long time-consuming drives spearheaded by their offensive line, running Andrus more inside picking up 4 - 5 yards per carry rather than depending on the long outside play. Friday night at Bellville, they used over 7 minutes on their first possession before turning it over on the Bulls' 22. This game shapes up as completely different from the first one. I look for Anderle's passing to be the key for the Leps, because I don't think LG can run consistently on Sealy's front 7. Should be a great game. Everybody show up and make some noise.

Pudlugger
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Tiger Turtle will Rob Elmshof (sp) the big center be healthy for this one? The Leps will have their All District safety back, Sam Gunn which will fire up the defense as he is a leader. :)

BrahmaMom
11-10-2003, 08:37 PM
I have to go with Sealy--Go Austin County!

fbbtiny77
11-10-2003, 09:01 PM
i agree with brahmamom

eagleman_1234
11-10-2003, 09:09 PM
LG is good and they better keep the ball away from LB Trent Slaugter hes a big hitter i think they already found that out i think sealy will come out on top though becuase of there power.

Tiger Turtle
11-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Pud - I think Rob is getting close to being back on the field, although his replacement, Greg Hluchan, has played well. Having Rob back would be a mental boost for sure. BTW, Rob had a visit to Rice last weekend and may be offered a scholarship, where he would be reunited with his old Sealy running mate, Rolf Krueger. See you guys Friday night.

Bellville22
11-11-2003, 04:40 PM
One of the most intriguing first round matchups in the state, and the best in Region III. Sealy won the first matchup earlier this year in Sealy, and the Leps will be out to gain some revenge, and extend their season another week.

I don't buy into the saying that it's tough to beat a team twice in one year. Anytime you play a team for a second time, it comes down to who makes the best adjustments, regardless of who won the first matchup. I do think it will be tough for the Tigers to have to go into LG to play the game, but it's playoffs, and you tend not to care where you play, just as long as you're playing.

Two great football traditions battling it out. Both field pretty solid defenses this year, and both have their own style of offense. Sealy features Emeal Andrus, who will touch the ball 30 times. They pound away behind a tough O-line, and try to control the clock, and wear down defenses. LG, although I haven't seen them live, is more versitile in their attack. Anderle is one of the better QBs in the area, and can beat you with his feet or his arm.

I don't look for Sealy to try to change much. I think they'll stick w/ their game plan on O, and perhaps make a couple small changes on D, as I think they'll expect a little more passing from the Leps.

LG will probably try to stop Andrus, and make someone else beat them, not a bad plan, Bellville executed it beautifully. I think Coach V. will put the ball in Anderle's hands, and allow him to make plays. He's capable of throwing the ball well, and Sealy's secondary is vulnerable to the pass. From what I hear, LG struggles in Special Teams, that'll be something to keep an eye on Friday night.

I think Sealy is the better team here, but like I said, the second time around, it's all about adjustments. And Coach V. is a master of adjustments and game planning. I have great respect for him, and know he'll have his team ready to play. I'm not sure, however, it will be enough to overcome the Sealy talent and determination, they showed me alot in Bellville last week.

This game should be a classic. I think both teams will have some success, but I think in the end, LG's special teams will cost them, that's a key area in tight games.

Think this one will be so good, that 4 quarters won't be enough. I'm predicting overtime. I have great respect for both of these teams, and wish them both well. But gonna stick w/ Austin Co. in this one. LG goes for 2 and the victory in OT, but Sealy's D comes up big...

Sealy 28
LaGrange 27

BulldogGrl64
11-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Although both teams have proven to be strong during the course of this season, I have to say that my prediction is that La Grange will take a win on this game.

Tiger Turtle
11-11-2003, 05:33 PM
Glad to see this matchup generating so much interest on the board. Hope that translates to a huge crowd on Friday night at Pud's place. Love that playoff atmosphere.

cunbed10
11-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Sealy really needs to b careful, in 1998 Marlin Beat Waco-Robinson 42-0 at Robinson and in the 4th round Robisnon upset marlin in OT at Baylor stadium, so don't go on the past because the past is the past.

sahen
11-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Baylor Stadium = Flloyd Casey Stadium wink sry i go to school there gotta represnt my bears! Sic'em!

BrahmaMom
11-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Tiger Turtle: Glad to hear Emshoff is looking at Rice, I just checked and they only have four offers posted BUT they are notorious for not updating on purpose. Knew they were interested in Rob last year, glad to hear they continue to pursue him. One thing about Coach Hatfield, he doesn't quit looking at injured potential--that sure helps a high school kid recover! Please keep us posted if he gets an offer or PM me, I have a personal interest. If his presence will help the Tigers win, I predict an offer in his future--the Owls like leaders. Go Tigers!