PDA

View Full Version : Jasper V Gilmer Preview

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Got a preview article up...We just pick each teams advantage..such as who has the advantage Gilmer passing vs Jasper pass defense...Also Josh and I gve our prediction. Just click on the link..first article..also have the 4A and 5A DII previews as well.

Lone Star Teams (http://www.lonestarteams.com)

spiveyrat
12-16-2004, 08:16 AM
How do you figure???!!! I count 4 Jasper helments to 3 Gilmer helments. :D

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 08:20 AM
LOL it is 4 helmets to 4 helmets...That was why I picked it close at 35-28..I think this is going to be a GREAT game.

I hope u liked the helmet showing advantage. I could have broke it down in long paragraphs, but Josh and I thought it would fun to just put the helmets up and then let the debates begin on who has the advantage

spiveyrat
12-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by LST_Terry
LOL it is 4 helmets to 4 helmets...That was why I picked it close at 35-28..I think this is going to be a GREAT game.

I hope u liked the helmet showing advantage. I could have broke it down in long paragraphs, but Josh and I thought it would fun to just put the helmets up and then let the debates begin on who has the advantage

No no... You have a helment in the "Totals" column for Gilmer. That one doesn't count. That should be a total of the lines from above! :D

Nevertheless, I'll be listening on Saturday. Thanks for the service! ;)

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 09:31 AM
ahh i see what u mean..here is why..To ME the advantages that Gilmer have are a bit bigger than the advantages that Jasper holds. Like we gave Jasper the advantage in the Gilmer rush vs Jasper rush defense...But not by alot at all, the main reason is because in Gilmer's offense the QB is the leading rusher and they do not use a traditonal running game. So Jasper gets the advantage, but not by alot. If that makes any sense lol.

I do hope you listen because I think it is going to be the best state title game this year, at least on paper it is

Ranger Mom
12-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Terry

I asked you this in the chat last night, but then discovered you had already left.

Is there alot of "bandwidth" on your site, (I think that it what it is called, I am out of my element there) where quite a few people can listen at once?

I know last week, the game between Snyder and Gilmer was the BEST reception I had ever got on the web before. I don't think I had to reload or rebuffer at all!

spiveyrat
12-16-2004, 09:36 AM
ahh i see what u mean..here is why..To ME the advantages that Gilmer have are a bit bigger than the advantages that Jasper holds. Like we gave Jasper the advantage in the Gilmer rush vs Jasper rush defense...But not by alot at all, the main reason is because in Gilmer's offense the QB is the leading rusher and they do not use a traditonal running game. So Jasper gets the advantage, but not by alot. If that makes any sense lol.

I do hope you listen because I think it is going to be the best state title game this year, at least on paper it is

Yeah, I was just ribbin' you... AND being a HOMER. :D

I haven't seen an icon or anything to click to listen to the game. I assume that will be "fixed" on gameday?

Ranger Mom
12-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Everyone that listens it it online needs to visit the chatroom while the game is being played.

We had a big time in there Saturday, listening and discussing, while it was going on.

Terry even dropped in from time to time to say HI!!

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Our server can hold up to 500,000 listners at one time so hopefully there will be no problems, but you can never tell.

I usually do not put the link up till gameday.

spiveyrat
12-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanx, Terry.

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 10:52 AM
thanks to all u on here for coming to the LST...BTW I am going to put the pre-game interviews into the State Preview show that goes up late this afternoon. So anyone not able to listen Saturday or going to the game, can at least here what the coaches have to say about the game

Hupernikomen
12-16-2004, 11:11 AM
thanks to all u on here for coming to the LST...BTW I am going to put the pre-game interviews into the State Preview show that goes up late this afternoon. So anyone not able to listen Saturday or going to the game, can at least here what the coaches have to say about the game

That is what I was wondering about.

Bullaholic
12-16-2004, 11:38 AM

Terry.....thanks for the great job on the LST game broadcasts. It is so much better than many of the "hillbilly" broadcasts that I have heard by some stations in the past. The "stream" is excellent, also. Thanks for the plugs for the Downlow personalities, who you know are some of the most avid and knowledgeable Texas High School Football Fans anywhere. Can't wait to listen to the Jasper/Gilmer tilt.....it's going to be a real "headbutter". Keep up the good work....and make sure you're in your foxhole for this one Sat.

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey thanks Bull for the nice words. I like to have fun on the broadcasts. I want to of course describe the action, but also allow the listeners to enjoy the presentation as well. A radio sports broadcast is just like any other show, you have to try to keep people listening when it is 35-34 or 35-0

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 04:04 PM
bumping it so later in the day visitors can see...anyone going to be in chat tonight? and what time?

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-16-2004, 04:16 PM
i think im gonna have to agree w/ the picks to win, but not the scores. i think jasper will play one heck of a ball game and lose by only 3 or less. those "intangibles" will play there role and make some major stuff happen for both sides of the ball.

Manck
12-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Hope y'all don't kill me for my spread being a bit larger on the final score, but that's one of the few times on LST I've let my homerism come out. Even on air. You'll be surprised.

j_dog
12-16-2004, 04:45 PM

At least you appear to give Jasper a fighting chance! :D That is all we ask! :)

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 04:58 PM
of course I give them a chance..this is a great match-up..Gilmer coach said it the best..Jasper reminds him of Atlanta from last year.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-16-2004, 05:04 PM
What exactly do you mean by "Intangibles"?

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 06:27 PM
What I call the unmeasurable factor. Things that can not be put into stats or scores.

j_dog
12-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
What exactly do you mean by "Intangibles"?
To me it is that goal line stand at games end against Liberty Hill, or the goal line stand against Cameron Yoe with some 2 minutes left in the game. It is winning even when the stats are against you! It is Jasper Bulldog football! :) They just keep finding a way to win! :) :)

LST_Terry
12-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Your right and I think even Gilmer fans would admit that Jasoer has faced more adversity this year...having to respond to tough losses. Playing a tougher overall schedule So to me Jasper gets that edge. It will not decide the game but will play a part in it

Astrosdawg07
12-16-2004, 08:15 PM
5 PM Satruday cant get here soon enough!

GO DAWGS!!!!http://www.digitaltexas.net/images/cd/Jasperbulldogs.jpg

spiveyrat
12-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Heh heh... Terry, I wasn't being critical about the team helments. I was just poking a little fun. You didn't have to go change them. ;)