PDA

View Full Version : Possible White Christmas for SETX

bccards
12-15-2004, 11:26 PM
according to some of the weather forecast models, SouthEast Texans may *very doubtful* get a white Christmas. A Much stronger cold front is projected to head into Texas late next week with a low pressure developing in the Gulf of Mexico heading towards SETX. Some weather sites depict a very strong snow for much of the Gulf Coast of the USA with 4-6" falling. I'm not pulling this outta my rear like some of you may think.. Remember, I said it's doubtful that it will happen, just some of the models have been saying this for a few days now.. woohoo.. bring it on!

rattlerbb01
12-16-2004, 04:11 AM
awesome. i love snow:D

NSUTrumpet08
12-16-2004, 09:10 AM
I would love to have a White Christmas! I don't think it has snowed here in Jasper since 1997 and it was just that horrible ice storm. At least we got 2 days off from school...but i want the real stuff...I hope it does happen because that would be awesome! :)

pirate44
12-16-2004, 09:16 AM
it hasnt snowed in Sinton for over 30 years. so im not holding my breath for it to snow any time soon. but boy would that be neat. ill just sit outside my office and count all the accidents on the freeway. these people cant drive in sun, let alone rain or snow.

spiveyrat
12-16-2004, 09:22 AM
From someone who lives where it snows a little more often than in SE Texas... Snowfall is REAL HARD to predict, let alone 9 days out. Predicting IF an area will get snow isn't as hard. But it seems predicting accumulation amounts is nearly impossible. I wouldn't take my paycheck to Vegas just yet...

If it does snow, ya'll drive safe and SLOW.

Port_town_texas
12-16-2004, 10:22 AM
that means my home away from home right now (Wichita Falls because of Military) will get snow!!!!!

spiveyrat
12-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Why does that mean Wichita Falls will get snow?

injuredinmelee
12-16-2004, 10:42 AM
I heard a guy on the radio in Abilene (so take that into consideration) say that the weather modules predict that the temp in Dallas on Christmas Day could bew close to ZERO. Yes thats right 0.

BIGGBROTHER
12-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah but that means austin will shut down
nobody knows how to drive in rain let alone snow

CheerMom
12-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Where did you see this? I looked at the extended forecast for our area and the high on Christmas Day is 66.

Port_town_texas
12-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Why does that mean Wichita Falls will get snow? the front is moving from the north to the south right? it has to past through WF. we got snow the last time it was "suppose" to snow back in P.A. Valentine's Day.

spiveyrat
12-16-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm in Kansas... Oklahoma gets snow all the time without us getting a flake. Just because you're north of somewhere that is "supposed to" get snow doesn't mean you'll get snow.

Port_town_texas
12-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I'm in Kansas... Oklahoma gets snow all the time without us getting a flake. Just because you're north of somewhere that is "supposed to" get snow doesn't mean you'll get snow. Wish that was true in ol' Whisky Falls.:D

bccards
12-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Here's the Weather Channel graphic showing this too..

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wkpln_day10_3ussc_enus_440x297.jpg

again, take it w/ the grain of salt, too far out.. Some computer models show it being in the 60s and raining on Christmas Day, and some show it in the 20's - 30's on Christmas day w/ Snow. I'm fairly confident it will be between those temperatures (20-70) lol. It's just exciting to even get to talk about the possibility down in these parts. Especially on Dec. 25th :D Although the chances of this happening are unlikely.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-16-2004, 06:25 PM
well maybe it can be like last year when a few peopl had snow up in forney or somewhere and they posted pics from there ront yard of their house, it was nice, and looked like fun...

bccards
12-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Well SETX, we have a 50% of the white stuff Christmas Eve through Christmas Morning!

NSUTrumpet08
12-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by bccards
Well SETX, we have a 50% of the white stuff Christmas Eve through Christmas Morning!

Sweet! Sounds great! I'm just hoping to see a flurry or some glimpse of snow...

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
Sweet! Sounds great! I'm just hoping to see a flurry or some glimpse of snow... do snow caps on mountains count?