PDA

View Full Version : the 'OUR BEST PLAYERS ISNT ON THE ALL-STATE TEAM' thread

jason
12-15-2004, 09:33 PM
ok, this thread is for everybody to whine about why their best player, who probably is only all-state in your mind, isnt on the all-state team...

keep in mind, just because a team goes deep into the playoffs doesnt mean you have all-state caliber players.....you could have a team of very good players who got hot at the right time of the season, but somewhere else, there is a player at that position who is better, but thats not possible because your player is the best, right ???.....

cat dog horse
12-15-2004, 09:35 PM
trey jones-wharton

jason
12-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
ok is that a player from cuero ?

cat dog horse
12-15-2004, 09:36 PM
not quite

Keith7
12-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Terrius Purvey of Gainesville, so he missed half the season, He is still better than your Running back

Keith7
12-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Oh and Taylor Harris of Whitesboro

jason
12-15-2004, 09:41 PM
not quite well then how come you posted that??? did you have trouble reading the subject line?? maybe this will help you understand it better:

the 'OUR BEST PLAYER ISNT ON THE ALL-STATE TEAM' thread

does that help clear things up ??

cat dog horse
12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
hadnt posted in a while and i knew if i posted somethin like that you would take it all offensive and then we could go back and forth

jason
12-15-2004, 09:49 PM
hadnt posted in a while and i knew if i posted somethin like that you would take it all offensive and then we could go back and forth i didnt take it as offensive, i took it as you not understanding the concept of the thread.....

cat dog horse
12-15-2004, 09:50 PM
sorry for the misunderstanding....i'll edit

dogdad
12-15-2004, 09:58 PM
here's my whine:
when's the last time a player rushed for 2500 yds. and didn't make it?
my guess is never

3afan
12-15-2004, 10:01 PM
i'd bet $ its happened before - probably numerous times. thats how nuts these all state teams are. this is only one of many - any kid who appears on any of them can claim 'all state'. so if your guy isnt on this one then just wait for the next one, then the next one ....................

jason
12-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
here's my whine:
when's the last time a player rushed for 2500 yds. and didn't make it?
my guess is never he did it in a weak district and an unusually mediocre div I region II....big woop.....

Holmes_Fans
12-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Baylen Laury had just about 2,500 yards rushing last season, but didn't get all state for RB.

Keith7
12-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Baylen Laury had just about 2,500 yards rushing last season, but didn't get all state for RB.

correction he only had 2,200

dogdad
12-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by jason
he did it in a weak district and an unusually mediocre div I region II....big woop.....
you need to stick to topics you have some knowledge of, idiot.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-16-2004, 07:36 PM
you need to stick to topics you have some knowledge of, idiot. im thinkin jason is one of the last people on this board you would want to call an 'idiot.' in my 10 months posting on this board, and almost 2 years of watching others post on this board, he ranks right up w/ matthew 328, ranger mom, 3afan, 3afan2k3 just to name a few. jason is one of the most knowlegable posters on this forum. so maybe you ought to do some research about things before you go parading around all huffy and puffy just because someone says something you dont agree w/. (sorry if im stealing someones thunder w/ this one.)

dogdad
12-16-2004, 08:03 PM
well bullfrog, I've done my research and my research tells me that he doesn't rank up there with matt, R.M., 3afan, etc., those posters understand that if you give no respect, then you get no respect

jason
12-16-2004, 08:06 PM
District 9-3A

Royse City 11-3 (5-0) Lost in State Semi Finals vs Abilene Wylie 0-28 - 1 quality win vs gainesville, blown out by best 2 opponents - Celina 9-34 and Abilene Wylie 0-28)

Val Alstine 7-4 (3-2) Lost in Bi-District vs Madison 14-21 Pre-District schedule - (2A Caddo Mills, 2A Gunter, 2A Howe, 2A Whiteright {9-2}, 2A S&S Consolidated - combined 18-34) - beat by best 2 opponents, 2A Whiteright 24-34 and Royse City 19-28

Bonham 6-5 (3-2) Lost in Bi-District vs Wilmer Hutchins 12-14 Pre-District schedule - (Sanger, Commerce, Whitesboro, Pottsboro, Quinlan Ford - combined 17-35) - played 1 quality team in Royse City, lost 22-56

Princeton 7-3 (2-3) Pre-District schedule - (Whitesboro, Pottsboro, 2A Caddo Mills, Lake Worth, Emory Rains - combined 10-39)

Farmersville 6-4 (2-3) Pre-District Schedule - (2A Whiteright {9-2}, 2A Caddo Mills, Sanger, Emory Rains, 2A Prosper - combined 25-27)

Nevada Community 0-10 (0-5) - im not even gonna bother explaining how bad these guys were this year

wow, after looking at it, its not a WEAK district, its an AWFUL district...im gonna do some more looking to prove myself even further.....

44INAROW
12-16-2004, 08:12 PM
District 9-3A

Royse City 11-3 (5-0) Lost in State Semi Finals vs Abilene Wylie 0-28 - 1 quality win vs gainesville, blown out by best 2 opponents - Celina 9-34 and Abilene Wylie 0-28)

Val Alstine 7-4 (3-2) Lost in Bi-District vs Madison 14-21 Pre-District wins - (2A Caddo Mills, 2A Gunter, 2A Howe, 2A Whiteright 9-2, 2A S&S Consolidated - combined 18-34)

Bonham 6-5 (3-2) Lost in Bi-District vs Wilmer Hutchins 12-14 Pre-District Wins - (Sanger, Commerce, Whitesboro, Pottsboro, Quinlan Ford - combined 17-35)

Princeton 7-3 (2-3) Pre-District wins - (Whitesboro, Pottsboro, 2A Caddo Mills, Lake Worth, Emory Rains - combined 10-39)

Farmersville 6-4 (2-3) Pre-District Schedule - (2A Whiteright 9-2), 2A Caddo Mills, Sanger, Emory Rains, 2A Prosper - combined 25-27)

Nevada Community 0-10 (0-5) - im not even gonna bother explaining how bad these guys were this year

im gonna do some more looking to prove myself even further.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D pretty good research for an IDIOT :inlove: :inlove:

NHSRattler60
12-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Lets just Calm down folks. This is a DISCUSSION Board...not ARGUMENT board. Jason is stating a few facts. Regions 1 and 2 were in fact Unusually Mediocre this year. Sure your pulling for your home team, but remember that stats arent everything. When picking all state, stats + schedual toughness = all state picks. I was starting center and my feelings arent hurt one bit because i wasnt all state. Im proud of the members of my team. Be thankful if someone from your team made it and if they didnt, don't complain, have some dignity, and be congadulatory for others.

dogdad
12-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:D :D :D :D :D :D pretty good research for an IDIOT :inlove: :inlove:
Jason has nothing good to say about Royse City or it's players. That has been the case since the play-offs began. Either he is jealous or got a bad whippin' from someone from RC when he was growing up. Either way, I'm not going to let his criticism go unchecked any longer. The original topic centered on James Mapps not making all-state. My guess is that Jason has never seen Mapps play and knows little or nothing about him....unless I'm wrong, then Jason should defer to those that actually DO know something on this subject.

jason
12-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Jason has nothing good to say about Royse City or it's players. That has been the case since the play-offs began. i never said anything bad about their team, they had a great season

Either he is jealous or got a bad whippin' from someone from RC when he was growing up.
:confused: :rolleyes:

Either way, I'm not going to let his criticism go unchecked any longer. The original topic centered on James Mapps not making all-state. My guess is that Jason has never seen Mapps play and knows little or nothing about him....unless I'm wrong, then Jason should defer to those that actually DO know something on this subject.
i do know he had the majority of his yards in one of, if not, the weakest districts in region 2 or the state - see district stats in previous post

Holmes_Fans
12-16-2004, 08:47 PM
1 quality win vs gainesville

Was that with or without Purvey?

jason
12-16-2004, 08:52 PM
it was week 4

3afan
12-16-2004, 08:55 PM
you need to stick to topics you have some knowledge of, idiot.

idiot? thats out of character for you dogdad !!!

dogdad
12-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
idiot? thats out of character for you dogdad !!!
3afan, I probably should not have used that word, so I guess I may have over-reacted......however this all goes back to previous comments before tonight. I'll go back to my usual spot at the pig and cool off.

3afan
12-16-2004, 09:13 PM
it is surprising Mapps didnt get SOMETHING

LALK
12-16-2004, 09:21 PM
i don't know much about royse city but i've seen his stats and have seen this QB play against wylie...and no...i don't think he deserves to be all-state...first of all...he shouldn't even be considered a QB...he couldn't throw...all he would do is run it behind his line...and when their team finally met a GOOD defense (wylie) they got drilled...he was fast...it ends there

Holmes_Fans
12-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by LALK
i don't know much about royse city but i've seen his stats and have seen this QB play against wylie...and no...i don't think he deserves to be all-state...first of all...he shouldn't even be considered a QB...he couldn't throw...all he would do is run it behind his line...and when their team finally met a GOOD defense (wylie) they got drilled...he was fast...it ends there
Thats how alot of offenses are now, get someone at QB who can atleast throw the ball over 25 yards and runs a 4.3 40

hawkfan65
12-16-2004, 10:27 PM
JUSTIN SWENSON-IOWA PARK

bigpimpin
12-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Matthew Schumacher-QB and Casey Harryman-ILB for state finalist Cuero Gobblers....the only player on the team who got first or second team was guard Roy Sierra who wasn't even unanimous all district while Ross Nigh the LT got unanimous all district and honorable mention all-state. JT Rudd got honorable mention at DE and that's all Cuero has....sickens me....

Highschoolfan78
12-17-2004, 02:54 AM
Harryman for sure deserved it. He played at a phenominal level all season. Although he was a great QB and the best decision maker i've seen play QB, I don't think schumacher did as much as others due to the awesome qb's around the area. Trey Jones of Wharton should have been looked at closer. I am disappointed that Huffman wasn't first team on runningbacks. Everything else looked pretty good. State finalists and state teams don't necessarily have to have many people on the all-state team, although it does seem weird that not more were selected. I guess many teams were stuck with an awesome player that stood out, and the others were not as skilled. Cuero and Abiliene Wyle had players that knew how to play together. Whether or not more people from those two teams should been have selected, that is debatable. I think that the trophy's and plaques say more than a name listing on an all-state team.

AggieJohn
12-17-2004, 03:11 AM
reggie mcneal-lufkin