PDA

View Full Version : To all college students.....

vet93
12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Treasure your time in college. I know how stressfull and difficult college and particularly finals can be.....however, these will be some of the best times of your life. At no time in your life will you enjoy the freedoms that you have right now. It will be over before you know it and soon you will be saddled with the stresses of a full-time job, paying studen loans, kids, soccer practice, PTA meetings, etc....During college I had a job and generally took at least 15 hours per semester and I still had waaaaaay more time back then to do things that I wanted to do than I do now. I am not complaining....because I enjoy my life, job, parenting etc....I just want you guys to appreciate your college years for what they are...sometimes it his hard to see the forest because of the trees. HAVE FUN!

TMer25
12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
That was very well said.

00Sinker
12-15-2004, 06:47 PM
If you play sports, make sure that you are not in school just to play the sport that you are there for. Don't take it for granted. There things like injuries and such to keep you from going onto the other level. If you don't study while you play and things happen, then you find yourself stuck in a situation you can't get out of.

VWG
12-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Amen to that Vet. When I was in school... best 5 1/2 years of my life LOL... I wanted to get out and graduate so bad it hurt. Then... when I did get out and start in the "working world" I thought this sucks. Every day, day after day, same old thing. The key to being happy out in the working world is do something you enjoy.
I changed careers (in the same field) a few years ago, and it makes all the difference in the world if you can wake up and not dread going to work.