PDA

View Full Version : College Or Pro??

Phil C
12-15-2004, 05:43 PM
I was watching the LSU vs Minnesota women's college basketball game and the announcers said one of the LSU stars (I don't remember who) who is a junior was thinking of going on into the NBA draft instead of playing her senior year next year. They said that the WNBA players don't make the money that the NBA players make (Average Salary $2.6 M) and that she should have her senior year in college. I agree. If it was a chance to be an instant millionaire like NBA stars get I would say go for the money but the average WNBA salary is about $58,000 and in my opinion is not worth giving up a senior year for. Plus if you stay your senior year you can get a degree or be much closer to it than if you quit. What do the rest of you think?

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I was watching the LSU vs Minnesota women's college basketball game and the announcers said one of the LSU stars (I don't remember who) who is a junior was thinking of going on into the NBA draft instead of playing her senior year next year. They said that the WNBA players don't make the money that the NBA players make (Average Salary $2.6 M) and that she should have her senior year in college. I agree. If it was a chance to be an instant millionaire like NBA stars get I would say go for the money but the average WNBA salary is about $58,000 and in my opinion is not worth giving up a senior year for. Plus if you stay your senior year you can get a degree or be much closer to it than if you quit. What do the rest of you think? totally agree w/ you. even if you were to get the big bucks like that nba, id still advise to finish out school. that way if you get injured or your skill isnt as top notch as it was in college, you have something you can fall back on.

vet93
12-15-2004, 06:12 PM
I agree with you Phil