PDA

View Full Version : You have got to be kidding me Womans soccer?

Bubba-Joe
12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
How in the world do you name a soccer player and a woman at that one to the top 8 student-athletes in the country
What kind of Communist deal is this
must be some kind of Title IX deal
GEEE WHIZZZZZ

Graduating senior named one of top eight student-athletes in country By Kevin Robbins

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

University of Texas soccer sensation Kelly Wilson was named an NCAA Today's Top VIII Award winner Tuesday, becoming the fourth Longhorn since 1973 to be honored as one of the top eight student-athletes in the nation.

Wilson will be recognized for the award Jan. 8 at an NCAA awards banquet in Grapevine. The criteria for the award include "academic and athletics achievements, character and leadership," according to a news release from the UT athletics department.

"It was just a great honor," said Wilson, a senior forward from Odessa. "But I definitely wouldn't have done it without my great academic staff here, as well as my teammates and coaches."

A two-time All-American and 2004 first-team Academic All-American, Wilson graduated from UT in three-and-a-half years with a degree in kinesiology. She plans to enter graduate school at UT in the spring.

Wilson helped the Longhorns reach the NCAA tournament in each of her four years on the soccer team and set school records for starts (84), assists (41) and points (129). She tied the UT record for games played (84) and game-winning goals (13).

"The fact that Kelly accomplished all that she did while graduating in three-and-a-half years is a testament to what a terrific scholar-athlete she is," said head coach Chris Petrucelli.

The award honors athletes from all NCAA-sponsored sports in the three NCAA divisions. Winners are selected by the NCAA Honors Committee, made up of eight athletics administrators and former student-athletes.

"Kelly's stamp will be on our soccer program forever," said UT women's athletics director Chris Plonsky. "She set the standard for what elite female student-athletes can accomplish."

3afan
12-15-2004, 03:17 PM
why not ????????

onfirebball05mustang
12-15-2004, 03:23 PM
lol Bubba Joe...so supportive of women's soccer!:p

Bubba-Joe
12-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Got em fired up now
don't I fireball05
see what I told ya

onfirebball05mustang
12-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Got em fired up now
don't I fireball05
see what I told ya

lol Joe--i'll leave you to this one!:D
We shall see what Phil has to say...dun dun dun

Phil C
12-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Yee-Haw!! Great news indeed! Also Kelly Wilson and Kelly McDonald were named to the first team of the 2004 NSCAA/adidas Women's South Region Scholar Athelte America squads on Tuesday also. This is not only for athletic achivement but achievement in the class room. Kelly Wilson is kinesiology major and Kelly McDonald is a biology/pre-med major. Both not only pretty but very athletic and smart indeed. To get on this squad you have to have a 3.3 GPA nad started more than 50% of their team's games and both these ladies have done that and have played well indeed! A happy day indeed. And Kelly also getting an NCAA Today's Top VIII Award is fantastic. I am so happy!!

Bubba-Joe
12-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Phil C
man you have got to get out more
Glad you like soccer...

Hey I know you come on out West and hang out with me and Dirt and Quail
We got some Ice cold adult beverages,
we can pitch some washer and grill some fajitas eat a few peppers and have real good time
Calm you down real good

onfirebball05mustang
12-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Yee-Haw!! Great news indeed! Also Kelly Wilson and Kelly McDonald were named to the first team of the 2004 NSCAA/adidas Women's South Region Scholar Athelte America squads on Tuesday also. This is not only for athletic achivement but achievement in the class room. Kelly Wilson is kinesiology major and Kelly McDonald is a biology/pre-med major. Both not only pretty but very athletic and smart indeed. To get on this squad you have to have a 3.3 GPA nad started more than 50% of their team's games and both these ladies have done that and have played well indeed! A happy day indeed. And Kelly also getting an NCAA Today's Top VIII Award is fantastic. I am so happy!!

Glad that news made your day, Phil! I saw that in the paper this mornin' and was thinking "if Phil sees this...yeah!"
Congrats Kelly & Kelly!:clap:

Bubba-Joe
12-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah good ole Phil
A day without Phil C is like a day with out sunshine or is it Beer
anyway
Glad to make ya smile
:) :)