PDA

View Full Version : CALDWELL good now, but great in '04

PISSonU
09-07-2002, 06:11 PM
The Hornets impressed me Friday with the big win in Madisonville, but better prepare for Hearne fast. In a year or two, this young team will be a force in Class 3A. Watch out Region III. Caldwell could be a silent killer..........

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-07-2002, 10:17 PM
Hey piss now your on the wagon don't jump off enjoy the ride. As for one man stone the QB MENDEZ made the O go.

[This message has been edited by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86 (edited September 07, 2002).]

tog
09-07-2002, 11:38 PM
the name is deleon and he is a pretty dang good qb for a first time varsity starter as a jr, with 9 sophs and the freshman kicker the caldwell varsity beat a madisonville team that has some great speed and will beat some folks

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 01:30 AM
I agree that Mendez was a good QB and didn't have the same "badditude" that the glory hog Stone did, but I think this year's offense has what it takes to pack the stands - even if they lose because they're finally fun to watch! DeLeon is a very good signal-caller, I agree. Kinda makes you forget about Jason Carter a little, doesn't it? :-) (Of course, Robert Cessna will always be partial to Cameron but I think Caldwell is one of the few programs that is close to finding their number.
Some people are still skeptics and I'll be honest. I'm still not convinced despite seeing some good signs for a young squad. As long as those underclassmen forget they're young and just play hard to win, this season could be the foundation for a dynasty no different from what the volleyball team had become. It's all mental! Good luck....