PDA

View Full Version : SINTON 41 ARANSAS PASS 14

sinton66
10-18-2002, 10:35 PM
Bubba heard two touchdowns, Chance Schmidt one interception. Way to go Pirates!

j_dog
10-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Congratulations! Sinton rolls on.

Chris Hart
10-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Congratulations to the Sinton Pirates on another big win. The Pirates are on a roll. Way to go Pirates!

sinfan75
10-18-2002, 11:18 PM
The stats tomorrow should have Tommy Blake with about 200 yds. rushin.That is one big,strong runnin back.Bubba Heard was close to that also.Sinton had hard time keepin Blake from bustin some big plays.He had 3 long runs with one resultin ina td.Sinton had better balance.Alaniz had a good night passin and the runnin game with Ruiz back was really unstoppable.Chance 2 ints. with one for a td.Great job Pirates and a big win.By the way,who said this was goin to be a close game? TOBYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
10-18-2002, 11:31 PM
I'm surprized they gave up the one 73 yarder, that's not like the Sinton D at all. wink

big daddy russ
10-18-2002, 11:36 PM
the guy who keeps stats for ap told me that blake finished with 265. don't know what bubba had, but it had to be close to that. congrats, sinton. i, for one, enjoyed that game.

sinfan75
10-18-2002, 11:47 PM
That drive A-P had in the3rd ate up about 7:40 of that quarter with Blake goin right up the middle.If they woula scored then might of been a closer game.Sinton's D was pretty much spent after that drive.But they did stop em.Blake gonna make some college team a good runnin back.265 yds. don't surprise me one bit.Sinton would hit him but he was just too strong to be stopped for any losses.

eye of the tiger
10-19-2002, 12:15 AM
Pirates prove once again why they are number 1. Great win guys.

SintonFan
10-19-2002, 12:27 AM
Great win Pirates!!!
How did AP do passing?
I was at the Burnet-Bandera game and saw what the hype was about. They (Burnet) are for real, guys. I prepare a report for yall.

sinton66
10-19-2002, 12:36 AM
Great minds think alike, check your pm (teehee).
Check this out. http://www.bayareastudios.com/images/2a3a/th_3a10-09-06-02.jpg

<small>[ October 19, 2002, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan
10-19-2002, 01:00 AM
Nice pic! Who gave you a digital camera?! jus kidding...
gotcha back on the pm.

big daddy russ
10-19-2002, 01:37 AM
ap didn't do well at all passing the ball. only one of their receivers was running his routes well, mainly because sinton was playing up in their faces and wasn't afraid to jam them. john david heard tried to do too much in the second half, throwing too many long passes which never found a target. his bread and butter should be mid-range (10-25 yards), but the sinton lb's did a good job of taking that away. heard probably wound up with about 60 passing yards. sounds about right.

SintonFan
10-19-2002, 01:40 AM
Thanks bdr. :cool:

bulldog65
10-19-2002, 06:28 AM
Great win, looks like Sinton is clicking on all cylinders!

sinton66
10-19-2002, 09:24 AM
Bubba Heard finished the night with 16 carries for 217 yards and three touchdowns. Chance Schmidt had two interceptions, ran one back for a touchdown. Julian Ruiz had a five yard touchdown carry, and Adrian threw a 47 yd touchdown pass to Brandon Salone. Blake for Aransas Pass busted for 26 carries for 268 yds, but managed only one touchdown. AP's other TD was a 7yd QB keeper. (all this according to the Corpus Paper via my wife over the phone)This game opened some eyes on the coaching staff, so I wouldn't look for anybody else to put these kind of yards up against us. They will correct it. wink

<small>[ October 19, 2002, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

J.E.C.-MP
10-19-2002, 10:21 AM
Congratulations SINTON on you win....Looks like you guys will go far in the playoffs again......Sweet....good luck

footballgal
10-19-2002, 01:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, SINTON PIRATES!
Another big win, I am getting tired of saying that will anyone give you any competition?? I don't think so, sounds like you'll have an awesome team. :)

District303aPastPlayer
10-20-2002, 04:12 PM
I have to bring this to attention, did anyone notice the sign that read "GO BACK HOME(TAFT)" that was posted on the Aransas Bleachers. I was sitting near PJ and Kenny's mom, as well as TJs family. They were not very happy, and understandably so. IT was very classless of who ever made that sign, and who ever had the idea to make it. Ones personal life should not be brought up like that.

toby070
10-20-2002, 06:19 PM
sinfan75:
The stats tomorrow should have Tommy Blake with about 200 yds. rushin.That is one big,strong runnin back.Bubba Heard was close to that also.Sinton had hard time keepin Blake from bustin some big plays.He had 3 long runs with one resultin ina td.Sinton had better balance.Alaniz had a good night passin and the runnin game with Ruiz back was really unstoppable.Chance 2 ints. with one for a td.Great job Pirates and a big win.By the way,who said this was goin to be a close game? TOBYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!Okay, okay, you were right, I was wrong...I'm amazed that Blake had that big a night and the game was still a blowout!!!

You won't hear another peep from me until Sinton and Burnet face off :D

toby070
10-20-2002, 06:23 PM
SintonFan:
Great win Pirates!!!
How did AP do passing?
I was at the Burnet-Bandera game and saw what the hype was about. They (Burnet) are for real, guys. I prepare a report for yall.At least I get one "I told you so" Now read my pre-season analysis and see if it's close. Burnet/Sinton, assuming no injuries and neither team gets complacent beforehand, should be a doozie.

sinton66
10-20-2002, 07:10 PM
We know how tough Burnet is, question is do they and you really know how tough Sinton is? Trust me, Toby, the next two games are also gonna be blow-outs, worse than the last two. You should see the difference in week 10 at the "Mutiny in the County", Sinton vs. Mathis. And yes, Blake did post some big yards, but Sinton's starting MLB is out for the season. We had a key defensive player making his first varsity start Friday night. The difference between lots of yards and lots of td's is in how tough you are in the red zone.

<small>[ October 20, 2002, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2002, 07:22 PM
Pirates play there best game offensively for all four quarters but just didnt get that many chances to put up some more points, due to time eating running back from ap, First time i've seen him play and he look impressive from the start to the end of the game. It look like the pirates D was run blitzing more than usual, that help on keeping him from busting alot of big gains. He did manage to get by the blitz twice. AP was good, but there defense will have to step it up in the playoffs.

sinfan75
10-21-2002, 04:51 AM
Bubba Heard seems to be runnin with a lot of confidence now.The rap on him at the start of the year was that he was scared of gettin hit and he had boards for hands.He damn sure ain't worried about gettin hit now,cause he's been hit pretty good a few times,and he don't seem to be havin problem catchin the ball either.And you're right SintonFan In Austin,the sign was classless.Especially considerin the fact their dads are originally from Sinton.

SintonFan
10-21-2002, 05:14 AM
toby070:

SintonFan:
Great win Pirates!!!
How did AP do passing?
I was at the Burnet-Bandera game and saw what the hype was about. They (Burnet) are for real, guys. I prepare a report for yall.At least I get one "I told you so" Now read my pre-season analysis and see if it's close. Burnet/Sinton, assuming no injuries and neither team gets complacent beforehand, should be a doozie.Toby, Burnet is good. So is Sinton. Yes, you talked about them and I agree they are awesome. You need to see Sinton's D though. No offense Burnet people but Sinton is good on D. Hehe, that was one heck-of-a show by your QB and reciever.

Note to Sinton:
Burnet IS hard to run outside against...

toby070
10-21-2002, 08:08 AM
sinton66:
We know how tough Burnet is, question is do they and you really know how tough Sinton is? Trust me, Toby, the next two games are also gonna be blow-outs, worse than the last two. You should see the difference in week 10 at the "Mutiny in the County", Sinton vs. Mathis. And yes, Blake did post some big yards, but Sinton's starting MLB is out for the season. We had a key defensive player making his first varsity start Friday night. The difference between lots of yards and lots of td's is in how tough you are in the red zone.Trust me Sinton66, I've never dissed your boys, and I'm not now. I wasn't knocking your defense, I just figured with that kind of yardage they'd chew the clock enough to keep the score close by keeping your offense off the field.

Hannibal
10-21-2002, 02:30 PM
District303aPastPlayer,

If the fact that someone put the truth on a sign at the game upsets these people, then why don't they go back to Taft? Many people in the 30AAA district KNOW the reason Sinton is so good is they have three feeder schools: their own junior high, Taft Junior High, and Taft High school.

pirate4state
10-21-2002, 04:04 PM
I didn't know that a town could own these kids??? Parents make the decision to move based on what is in the best interest of their children. :rolleyes: Taft, and anyone else who believes that these kids are only winning b/c they at one point lived in Taft need serious help!!! Get over it already!! :mad:

Hannibal
10-22-2002, 08:53 AM
pirate4state, you are right. I will get over it. This situation has been going on for years and it is not going to stop. As for the sign, yes, it was in poor taste, but if the truth hurts, then it should. I was at the game and, truthfully, was not that impressed with Sinton. Of course, with the middle linebaker out for the season, anyone can run up the middle. Blame it on injuries, not the fact that Blake ran hard and AP's o-line opened some MONSTER holes on Sinton's vaunted defense. I will tell you one thing: Sinton had better get ready for week 10. Sosa will have his boys ready and definitely prepared for them.

Don't live on what happened last year. This year's bunch isn't as good.

District303aPastPlayer
10-22-2002, 10:49 AM
i have to say that if Mathis is looking forward to week 10, they wont be playing in week 11. If they even think for one moment that west oso is a pushover, they will be sitting at home, watching west oso play in the 1st round. Aransas and Sinton are pretty much locks, The winner of this friday's game gets spot 3. I take Oso by 7.

pirate4state
10-22-2002, 11:13 AM
Hannibal, the sign did not hurt my feelings. It is just a sign of immaturity on the part of whoever thought it would be "cool" to put it up. I for one have not said that this Sinton team is as good or better than last year's. I think they have a lot of room for improvement, especially on the O-line. I didn't blame injuries for the fact that Blake ran all over the Sinton D, but he can run around all he wants--the fact is, he only scored 1 touchdown. Don't worry--I'm sure the coaching staff will prepare Sinton for Mathis. I for one like Sinton's chances at beating Mathis, since A-P did it and Sinton beat them soundly regardless if you weren't impressed by them. wink

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2002, 11:40 AM
What would have impressed u 100-0. Maybe not even after that, u would have said u were not impressed. This Team i think is just as good as last years, because of the experience and the ability to turn it on when they need to.There are some areas that are not in par with last years team, but overall this team can go as far as last years team.

<ROTFL>

big daddy russ
10-22-2002, 03:51 PM
look guys, i'm not trying to rain on the sinton parade or anything, but i'm going to have to agree with hannibal. you guys weren't as good as i originally thought, although i would put you in my top ten teams in the state. the game was much closer than the score and ap didn't play a mistake-free game. not that sinton did, either, but there is very little room for error on the part of sinton this year. yes, you do have speed to compensate for some mistakes. no, i can't say you're the fastest team i've seen. that would have to be wharton, and from what i hear they're not even tops in their district. sorry, pirates, but i think burnet comes out of this region in D-I unless wharton turns it up. you simply don't have the talent that you did last year. experience? yes. amazing skill kids? yes. marcus charles and guys who just dominated in the trenches? no. i can promise you that even with your starting middle 'backer in the game against ap, blake would have still run for 150 yards. say whatever you want about the guy, but he earned every last yard he tagged you with, no if, ands or buts. imagine what another big team like ap with a strong north-south back and a better defense does? that game against ap was almost a very close ballgame. take away the schmidt interception return and give blake the ball when ap was down at the eight-yard line in the third quarter, and i think the panthers were right there in your mugs. it didn't happen, but it came really close.

pirate4state
10-22-2002, 04:58 PM
are you on drugs? woulda, coulda, shoulda...the game is over and Sinton won regardless of what talent you think they have or don't have!

sinton66
10-22-2002, 05:42 PM
Another GP King in our midst! I don't get where these people are coming from. Russ, go ask the AP players what they think of Sinton's "lack of talent". You know guy, it takes BOTH defense and offense to win games. Creating turnovers and scoring off them are what GOOD teams do. No amount of coulda,shoulda,woulda will EVER change that. Now, can we drop this BS and get on with THIS week? :p

<small>[ October 22, 2002, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

big daddy russ
10-22-2002, 10:23 PM
am i on drugs? were you even at the game? maybe you didn't see the same game i saw. you know, you're right. about everything. why are we even arguing? sinton's gonna win state, just like they did last year. on a serious note, though, i really am sorry about the sign. i do think that was very tactless and inconsiderate on the part of the fans. i don't care about that whole taft deal one way or the other. i root for district 30 in the playoffs no matter who's playing, and if sinton has five or ten kids who used to play for taft, oh well. kids transfer every year and the program over at taft wasn't all that strong before this new coach came in. it's good that those kids got to experience everything that's happened in sinton. so by all means, bring us back a championship. i honestly would love to see it. i will root for the pirates all the way to the finals and storm the field with you if you win. but i can promise you that i'll be bustin your chops till district's over.

sinton66
10-22-2002, 11:02 PM
To WHAT purpose BDR? I don't get you at all anymore. You say you will root for the Pirates, but everything you post about them is negative. You show you're from Ingleside, what are you trying to do, get Sinton riled up so they will roast the Mustangs? That's probably gonna happen anyway whether the Pirates are mad or not. You may have been right about the yardage Blake gained, but how many times did he score? You really need to let this go, dude. You wanna rag the Pirates, be my guest, but don't do it while pretending to be our friend. This was last week and we're moving on to this week. Stay here and argue with yourself if you like.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2002, 02:23 AM
:D
I dont think sinton will face a back like blake, surely didnt see it last year, the closest was Evermans RB Theo Miller, but he had more speed and less power. Tell me Biggg daDDDy RuSSS who else has a back like aP. PS Still didnt help them in the win column and the game was not close Sinton could have scored all night long...... :p

Hannibal
10-23-2002, 10:34 AM
sinton66, you stated that:
"Creating turnovers and scoring off them are what GOOD teams do."

Just like Everman did last year?

I also have a question for you, was 66 the year you played or was that your number in high school?
You may have already answer this question but I don't remember the answer.

maroonpunt
10-23-2002, 11:18 AM
hannibal, you must be a mathis jr high coach if you were at our game. you must be a scout and love sosa which is fine. but i guarantee that on saturday morning you werent saying, ah sinton isnt any good, if you were you should be fired. and why would i want my kids to stay at taft, they were going through coaches like wildfire, and the ones there didnt want to be there and had terrible attitudes. and all but one of mathis' secondary last year were move ins at one time. so who cares, play the card your dealt and come by and ill give you some tickets to come see us week 11, since you will be bouncing pumpkins by then.

Hannibal
10-23-2002, 12:46 PM
In response to your totally wrong reply, I am not a Mathis Jr. High coach. I don't love Sosa, but I do respect the man; he took Mathis to the state finals AND JUST LIKE SINTON, lost. I seem to remember when people in Sinton LOVED Sosa when he was the OC there before he went to Mathis. Another thing, I never said Sinton was not any good. I said they were not as good as last year. Last year Sinton shut out AP 49-0. I agree with you 100% on playing with the cards you are dealt. Always have, always will. Thanks for the offer on the tickets, but I won't need them. I plan on going to the games of the team I follow.
One question though, why did Sinton take their own PA system to the game? I mean, playing music is one thing, but announcing that ads were for sale in the playoff program? And playing music during the other school's alma mater? Talk about classless. It is no wonder that Sinton is disliked by most people.
One more thing-- I HATE BASKETBALL.

sinton66
10-23-2002, 06:48 PM
Hannibal:

I also have a question for you, was 66 the year you played or was that your number in high school?
You may have already answer this question but I don't remember the answer.I have stated this umpteen times on this board, but here goes again. Of the five turnovers Sinton gave up in the State Final last year, Everman did indeed create two of them with sterling defensive plays. The other three were all on Sinton. How many teams have you been associated with that can give up 5 turnovers in a championship game and lose by only 11 points? Everyone who didn't go to the game seems to think that Everman "ran all over" Sinton, that did NOT happen. The Everman fans on this site will tell you that. And, yes, I consider last years Everman squad to be a GREAT team AS WAS Sinton. Mathis in their semi-final appearance in 98, and their final appearance in 99 got blown out of the ballpark in both games. So, Hannibal and BDR, exactly *** is your point? And what the h*ll does any of this have to do with THIS year's team? I really don't care what anyone not FROM Sinton thinks of this years team, they are a DIFFERENT team from last year. Their relative strength to last years team doesn't mean a damn thing this year. I respect these kids because of what they have had to overcome thus far this year. They lost their head coach as well as five others from what I'm hearing, they are dealing with high expectations from the fans because of last year, and they have now replaced their entire O and D lines as well as their middle linebacker with new starters. And they are still able to blow people away. That is AMAZING to me. So if you CLOWNS don't want to support Sinton or you want to dislike them because of this or that, I say WHO THE H*LL CARES? And to answer the question again, I graduated in 1966 from SHS.

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SintonFan
10-24-2002, 10:31 PM
sinton66:

Hannibal:

You may have already answer this question but I don't remember the answer.I have stated this umpteen times on this board, but here goes again. Of the five turnovers Sinton gave up in the State Final last year, Everman did indeed create two of them with sterling defensive plays. The other three were all on Sinton. How many teams have you been associated with that can give up 5 turnovers in a championship game and lose by only 11 points? Everyone who didn't go to the game seems to think that Everman "ran all over" Sinton, that did NOT happen. The Everman fans on this site will tell you that. And, yes, I consider last years Everman squad to be a GREAT team AS WAS Sinton. Mathis in their semi-final appearance in 98, and their final appearance in 99 got blown out of the ballpark in both games. So, Hannibal and BDR, exactly *** is your point? And what the h*ll does any of this have to do with THIS year's team? I really don't care what anyone not FROM Sinton thinks of this years team, they are a DIFFERENT team from last year. Their relative strength to last years team doesn't mean a damn thing this year. I respect these kids because of what they have had to overcome thus far this year. They lost their head coach as well as five others from what I'm hearing, they are dealing with high expectations from the fans because of last year, and they have now replaced their entire O and D lines as well as their middle linebacker with new starters. And they are still able to blow people away. That is AMAZING to me. So if you CLOWNS don't want to support Sinton or you want to dislike them because of this or that, I say WHO THE H*LL CARES? And to answer the question again, I graduated in 1966 from SHS.66 with this response, as usual, you have my humble backing. BDR, you are a discriminating eye toward Sinton and should know what you've been talking about. Please give some restraint to us fans.

To Fans of Sinton: keep a little pride, but don't get carried away, because playoffs are soon. Some of you act almost as if they've won the title this year! I have faith in my Pirates! They will excell. I hope they exceed all our hopes. Please respect our foes. Seems like there is less respect among us for our foes now.
:( :( frown

<small>[ October 24, 2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Hannibal
10-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Sinton66,
I have a simple question for you. In your opinion and based upon athletes, not how far the teams went in the playoffs, which team was better: the '63 quarterfinalist team or last year's team?

By the way, I AM from Sinton. In case you don't believe me, how about the playing ability of Gerald Hesseltine, Lee Whitehead, Lance Granberry, Tony Maldonado, Mike Marler, and the rest of the '63 team?

sinton66
10-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Let me say they were both great teams. The '63 squad had the size and hard-nosed tougness to make it as far as they did. That's when Sinton ran almost a straight T formation and it was all power running game. Last years squad was nowhere near that size, but made up for it in sheer speed and talent. I would have to say that last years squad would have an advantage over the former. I say that because I firmly believe that with all other things equal, speed will get a lot more yards than power. The addition of the air game is another advantage. If Gerald had some of last years receivers on the 63 squad, I'd have to rethink the question. He was probably the strongest arm ever at Sinton, he just didn't have too many that could catch it. The 62 and 63 squads were a very tough bunch, and I will NEVER forget the consecutive regional finals against Missouri City-Dulles. Those were the most butt-kicking football games I've ever seen anywhere. All in all, that's a very hard comparison to make because they were vastly different types of teams. I still think I would have to go with the jets though. I am glad you are from Sinton, I probably just misread what you were trying to say. I apologize if I misunderstood. Didn't mean to belittle anybody, just couldn't figure out what you guys were trying to say. There really isn't any way to compare this years team to last years, we're different, Everman's different, and so is everybody else. We just have to take it one game at a time just like we did last year.