PDA

View Full Version : All-District Poster

CRHSeagle
12-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Which posters made the all district team for ur district?

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm 99% sure we have no posters from our team.

Keith7
12-14-2004, 11:34 PM
I made all district baseball a couple of years ago

football4life
12-15-2004, 12:00 AM
is it a bad thing to be on a team and be a poster?

Keith7
12-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by football4life
is it a bad thing to be on a team and be a poster?

most coaches look down on it..

football4life
12-15-2004, 12:04 AM
well whats wrong with keeping track of whats going on elsewhere? i mean its not like i want to come on and trash other teams, its just interesting.

Keith7
12-15-2004, 12:05 AM
well whats wrong with keeping track of whats going on elsewhere? i mean its not like i want to come on and trash other teams, its just interesting.

I dont know.. ask your coach i wasnt getting on to u!! i was on here as a player as well

football4life
12-15-2004, 12:10 AM
no i didnt mean it like that, ive just always wondered if that was some sort of crime on here. i like to check out the different stuff and there are quite a few posters who have some interesting things to say.

Keith7
12-15-2004, 12:15 AM
I agree w/ you.. its just sometimes emotions get the better of our younger posters, and i think the coaches want to play it safe and not let thier player's emotions get out of control and say something that could be come bulliten board material for the other team.. if u know what i mean..

thats the only explanation i can come up w/

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-15-2004, 12:25 AM
When I was in high school we weren't allowed to post on any chatboards or anything. *********** was really big then, this website was nothing more than a weekly rating of the regions. Our coaches knew if we posted too because they often were readers of the boards themselves.

football4life
12-15-2004, 12:25 AM
yea i definitely see where you're comin from, ive seen some stuff on here, whether or not it came from a young poster, that i have used when i need to get a point across. not that something someone says would have all that much effect on a game or anything, but definitely it could affect an attitude or become "bulletin material"

Adidas410s
12-15-2004, 02:33 AM
I was actually directed to the Pig by the OL coach at Wylie many moons ago...and I ended up over here on occassion as well!

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2004, 11:46 PM

There's nothing wrong with it, as long as any "trash" talking isn't taken to heart. I have seen occasions on some boards that the talk could've lead to an injured player if things had not calmed down.

There is a lot of things to be learned about other teams, particularly areas of the state that you don't readily have info available.